Halfords

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Halfords in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went well smooth, trick questions to catch you out as many interviews are in relation to customer service. There was a role play with three sections: and I missed one. The first is approaching the customer and smile, second is to talk to the customer about which product they may want and third is to sell add on products to the customer.

My advise, I did this is to visit stores and ask about a product your interested in and practice your people approaching smile and tone of voice. See how great or not great the service is you revived and then look at how you would do it better.

Thus can then be used for the road test, which went well I felt as I'm comfortable talking to customers. Try to act as though you are at work. Tidy up or face up when no customers are about, ask Halford Colleagues if they would like any assistance, introduce yourself to them etc.

The interview process was 2 hours long so be prepared. The only thing I would say is I never heard from Halfords HR. I have yet to receive a rejection email. This has lead me a regular customer not to shop at Halfords again as the way I have been treated is not correct, in regards to no correspondence after being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Bicycle Mechanic
Gateshead, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Halfords in June 2013.

Interview Details – just felt like i was being treated as an equal and i was under no pressure which made me feel more confident, was asked what i could bring to the company ect and if i felt suitable for the job.

Interview Question – if you were to be in any film what would it be   View Answer

Negotiation Details – if you have what it takes and are keen and ready to learn take the opportunity

Sales Advisor
Tiverton, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Halfords in July 2010.

Interview Details – You need to Apply online on halfords careers, then you will be asked to a quick telephone interview, if successful an in store assessment and interview follow in which you will work on the shop floor and approach customers, this is a test of your confidence in dealing with people.

Interview Question – Tell us the most difficult situation you have had to deal with and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halfords in January 2011.

Interview Details – be yourself, The managers have all been there so tend to understand nerves. They will ask very KPI focused questions to see if you fit the bill.
There is also Three stages. Telephone, 1:1 interview and then what they call a road test.

Interview Question – values   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very good

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Telford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halfords in July 2010.

Interview Details – apply through the website, then a phone interview to make sure you're ok and then you have a formal interview, once all that is done, you're pretty much golden!

Interview Question – what is the best idea you have ever had?   View Answer

Interviewed at Halfords

Interview Details – pre planned transfer from cannock so didnt really have an interview but the manager who talked me through everything was great, friendly and informative but the management changed when i was there which in my opinion couldnt wipe the previous managers shoes.

Interview Question – it was regarding whether i had any experience as a fitter as presumed i would go to the store continuing as a till operator.   View Answer

Fitter Interview

Fitter
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Halfords in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview one on one where questions are asked. Interviewer puts scores on paper and then hands to store manager if he was not the manager. Test drive with interviewee sometimes happens, the applicant goes with a colleague to either fit, or bike hut or cashier to see how they are with customers.

Interview Question – Do you know what a CAN-BUS is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, job offer given at the interview, but the application process has changed since then.

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager

Interviewed at Halfords

Interview Details – Applied on the website, was invited to interview. 1 stage interview comprised of competency based questions. Format of interview was to tell a story about a particular situation and each story had to have 4 chapters. Naming the chapters first then filling in the gaps.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you changed somebody's mind about a business issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate.

Interviewed at Halfords

Interview Details – Interview was great, very friendly and concise. practical assessment for Bikehut role was relevant, offered job the following day. very good :)

Interview Question – What can you bring to us as a potential employee? (I was 16, first job, how on earth do you answer this?)   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halfords.

Interview Details – Application form which then goes to interview. At the interview you are asked a series of questions such as what would you do in a certain situation, most of them are common sense questions. After this formal interview you are asked back for a second informal interview which is usually to sign paperwork and get the job.

Interview Question – How would you respond if you are required to exchange an item to a customer but the item if no longer supplied?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None, this is a normal low paid job

Worked for Halfords? Contribute to the Community!