Halfords Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Fitter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Relaxed interview with the store manager and assistant manager . Basic questions around attitude motivations and experience. Went onto shop floor and served some customers. Offered later that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked within a team and it didn't go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

AUTO & LEISURE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cramlington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Halfords (Cramlington, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview. If passed, asked into store for- 45 min face to face interview, followed by a 10 min role play excercise to see how you would sell a product to a customer (with the assessor acting the part). Then an hour 'work trial' on the shop floor to see how you talk to customers and colleagues. All a bit over the top for a shop job in my opinion.
    On top of this, I think it is rude not to contact people who obviously haven't got the job, but have come in for an interview and got down to the last 4 people. After a while of no contact, you are left to just presume on your own that you haven't got the job!

Interview Questions

• No really hard questions, but every answer was met with a miserable face from the guy interviewing me. Really negative, horrible experience. I think the people in that store where just rude.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Halfords (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went well smooth, trick questions to catch you out as many interviews are in relation to customer service. There was a role play with three sections: and I missed one. The first is approaching the customer and smile, second is to talk to the customer about which product they may want and third is to sell add on products to the customer.

My advise, I did this is to visit stores and ask about a product your interested in and practice your people approaching smile and tone of voice. See how great or not great the service is you revived and then look at how you would do it better.

Thus can then be used for the road test, which went well I felt as I'm comfortable talking to customers. Try to act as though you are at work. Tidy up or face up when no customers are about, ask Halford Colleagues if they would like any assistance, introduce yourself to them etc.

The interview process was 2 hours long so be prepared. The only thing I would say is I never heard from Halfords HR. I have yet to receive a rejection email. This has lead me a regular customer not to shop at Halfords again as the way I have been treated is not correct, in regards to no correspondence after being interviewed.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

pre planned transfer from cannock so didnt really have an interview but the manager who talked me through everything was great, friendly and informative but the management changed when i was there which in my opinion couldnt wipe the previous managers shoes.

Interview Questions

• it was regarding whether i had any experience as a fitter as presumed i would go to the store continuing as a till operator.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on the website, was invited to interview. 1 stage interview comprised of competency based questions. Format of interview was to tell a story about a particular situation and each story had to have 4 chapters. Naming the chapters first then filling in the gaps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed somebody's mind about a business issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate.

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Halfords (Gateshead, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

just felt like i was being treated as an equal and i was under no pressure which made me feel more confident, was asked what i could bring to the company ect and if i felt suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• if you were to be in any film what would it be   1 Answer

Negotiation

if you have what it takes and are keen and ready to learn take the opportunity

Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halfords (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview one on one where questions are asked. Interviewer puts scores on paper and then hands to store manager if he was not the manager. Test drive with interviewee sometimes happens, the applicant goes with a colleague to either fit, or bike hut or cashier to see how they are with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a CAN-BUS is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, job offer given at the interview, but the application process has changed since then.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview was great, very friendly and concise. practical assessment for Bikehut role was relevant, offered job the following day. very good :)

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to us as a potential employee? (I was 16, first job, how on earth do you answer this?)   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halfords (Ellesmere Port, England (UK)).

Interview

Application form which then goes to interview. At the interview you are asked a series of questions such as what would you do in a certain situation, most of them are common sense questions. After this formal interview you are asked back for a second informal interview which is usually to sign paperwork and get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you are required to exchange an item to a customer but the item if no longer supplied?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None, this is a normal low paid job

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halfords in January 2011.

Interview

be yourself, The managers have all been there so tend to understand nerves. They will ask very KPI focused questions to see if you fit the bill.
    There is also Three stages. Telephone, 1:1 interview and then what they call a road test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very good