Halfords Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Nottingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

1: 1hr telephone interview 2: face to face interview with regional manager and another manager 3: another face to face interview with the area director 4: 3hrs work trail where i was asked to put stick away

Bike Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview - travelled all the way up from the south to the Midlands because I was led to believe that I was in a high chance of getting the role! Met with head of buying and one member of HR personnel. Format was them asking set questions and writing down the answers, looked a very 'who ticks the most boxes' exercise. Second interviews exist apparently after a maths based exercise but apparently my product knowledge and skill set wasn't enough to secure me a second interview because they couldn't be bothered to train me to their systems.

Interview Questions

• Give an examples of a time when you have negotiated a good deal and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fitter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Relaxed interview with the store manager and assistant manager . Basic questions around attitude motivations and experience. Went onto shop floor and served some customers. Offered later that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked within a team and it didn't go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

AUTO & LEISURE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cramlington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (Cramlington, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview. If passed, asked into store for- 45 min face to face interview, followed by a 10 min role play excercise to see how you would sell a product to a customer (with the assessor acting the part). Then an hour 'work trial' on the shop floor to see how you talk to customers and colleagues. All a bit over the top for a shop job in my opinion. On top of this, I think it is rude not to contact people who obviously haven't got the job, but have come in for an interview and got down to the last 4 people. After a while of no contact, you are left to just presume on your own that you haven't got the job!

Interview Questions

• No really hard questions, but every answer was met with a miserable face from the guy interviewing me. Really negative, horrible experience. I think the people in that store where just rude.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went well smooth, trick questions to catch you out as many interviews are in relation to customer service. There was a role play with three sections: and I missed one. The first is approaching the customer and smile, second is to talk to the customer about which product they may want and third is to sell add on products to the customer. My advise, I did this is to visit stores and ask about a product your interested in and practice your people approaching smile and tone of voice. See how great or not great the service is you revived and then look at how you would do it better. Thus can then be used for the road test, which went well I felt as I'm comfortable talking to customers. Try to act as though you are at work. Tidy up or face up when no customers are about, ask Halford Colleagues if they would like any assistance, introduce yourself to them etc. The interview process was 2 hours long so be prepared. The only thing I would say is I never heard from Halfords HR. I have yet to receive a rejection email. This has lead me a regular customer not to shop at Halfords again as the way I have been treated is not correct, in regards to no correspondence after being interviewed.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

pre planned transfer from cannock so didnt really have an interview but the manager who talked me through everything was great, friendly and informative but the management changed when i was there which in my opinion couldnt wipe the previous managers shoes.

Interview Questions

• it was regarding whether i had any experience as a fitter as presumed i would go to the store continuing as a till operator.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on the website, was invited to interview. 1 stage interview comprised of competency based questions. Format of interview was to tell a story about a particular situation and each story had to have 4 chapters. Naming the chapters first then filling in the gaps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed somebody's mind about a business issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate.

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halfords (Gateshead, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

just felt like i was being treated as an equal and i was under no pressure which made me feel more confident, was asked what i could bring to the company ect and if i felt suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• if you were to be in any film what would it be   1 Answer

Negotiation

if you have what it takes and are keen and ready to learn take the opportunity

Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview one on one where questions are asked. Interviewer puts scores on paper and then hands to store manager if he was not the manager. Test drive with interviewee sometimes happens, the applicant goes with a colleague to either fit, or bike hut or cashier to see how they are with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a CAN-BUS is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, job offer given at the interview, but the application process has changed since then.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Ellesmere Port, England (UK)).

Interview

Application form which then goes to interview. At the interview you are asked a series of questions such as what would you do in a certain situation, most of them are common sense questions. After this formal interview you are asked back for a second informal interview which is usually to sign paperwork and get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you are required to exchange an item to a customer but the item if no longer supplied?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None, this is a normal low paid job