Hall and Partners Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hall and Partners in February 2012.

Straightforward interview process for a market research position. Initially introduced to the opportunity through a recruiter. My first interview was a series of 1-on-1s with the hiring manager, potential peers, and direct reports. Line of questioning was relevant to the job. A few work style questions and a few case study-type questions. Informal and welcoming vibe, but the substance of the discussion was professional. Invited back for a second round of interviews with one of the partners, but ultimately took another job and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
    • No curveball questions, but be prepared to discuss how you would handle specific theoretical research situations.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hall and Partners.

I appreciated the fact that they communicated with me throughout the entire process, which is rare with most HR departments these days. The interview process was pretty typical: phone screen followed by two more rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising. As with most market research firms, they asked the "what is a brand you admire" questions. You should be able to go into a bit of detail with that. There was also a case study...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hall and Partners.

Began with a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes. Was then brought into the NYC Office for a face to face interview. The face to face interview comprised of 2 or 3 individual interviews. The questions focused on past experiences and why I wanted to gain experience in Marketing Research.

N/A

Quantitative Market Research Analyst Interview

I had two rounds of interviews, one on the phone with an hr person and one in their offices. While the hr person was great to talk to and seemed to care about my background and what I had to offer, I found the employees to be quite dismissive and they even forgot I was there taking a skills assessment.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite brand (excluding Apple, Google)?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hall and Partners in March 2013.

I received a call from HR within a few days of submitting my application. I was invited in for group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one of your favorite brands and why. Why Research?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hall and Partners in May 2012.

I got a call from HR within a week of applying. They asked the normal questions. Overall an average experience.

Talent Acquisition Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hall and Partners in April 2011.

I applied online directly to a job posting. Got a phone call a few days later from the recruiter. The call only took about 10 minutes and she did not ask the standard initial questions about salary, etc., that almost everyone asks. I was invited in to interview with the head of HR the following week. That interview lasted about an hour. Never heard from them again which is pretty rude in my book.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hall and Partners in July 2010.

Went in and worked as a temp. Ended up getting hired.

Pretty straight forward. Not a lot of back and forth.

Graduate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hall and Partners in January 2014.

One telephone interview (experienced based questions, personality questions) followed by an assessment day (solo presentation, group presentation, interview, numeracy test).

The staff at the grad day were all lovely, they keep you fed and watered, no question is deemed too small.

Health Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Hall and Partners in September 2012.

One interview, radio silence for 6 weeks, with all my messages unanswered - then a note saying I was 'too senior' for the position - they don't advertise their positions through recruitment agencies, so you need to keep an eye out for them on linkedin, researchjobs and via their in-house recruitment manager, who you can easily find on LI.

Interview Questions
    • They purposefully tripped me up to see what my reaction was, by speaking negatively about junior researchers - be prepared NOT to react!

they're also big fans of the 'name 5 things you would do with this/name 3 things to do with this country' etc type questions - so have examples at the ready to back up your knowledge and experience.

Honestly though, I wouldn't rush back to apply to this company again after the way they acted in my first interview.
        Answer Question

Worked for Hall and Partners? Contribute to the Community!