Halliburton

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kingsville, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Halliburton was doing campus recruiting. They interviewed several students. Only a few got 2nd interviews. They were flown to Odessa for a two day, see how everything works tour. Interviews were conducted and offer letters sent by email a month or so later. Recieved $10,000 bonus that is received $5000 initially, $2000 after some training and another $3000 later.

Interview Question – Pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Duncan, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Question – What is the unit weight of cement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – There is an initial interview either over the phone, email or in person. The 2nd round interview is always in person - usually includes a tour of the local facility, a dinner or lunch and takes place anywhere from 2-4 weeks after the initial interview. 2-4 weeks after the 2nd round interview depending on how well you did is when you may get an offer.

Interview Question – At some point in your career you will fail and millions of dollars will be on the line - how do you plan on handling this?   Answer Question

Hobbs, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details – They want candidates that desire hands on work and aren't afraid to get dirty. It goes without saying that this isn't a job for everyone, and if you're not willing to put in the hours, get dirty, and work in remote locations, this is not the job for you. If you make it clear that you fit these criteria through the the first interview processes, you have a decent chance of getting to the second interview.

The second interview is onsite as functions more as an tour. You see some of the technology, the office, some current field engineers, and possibly visit a field site. Then, you tell them your choice. Having seen the technology, and the location, do you still want to work for Halliburton? In what product service line are you interested in? Other than that, depending on your panel, you might receive some technical questions. This is really a dummy check more than anything, and if you paid any attention in school you should be able to figure out most of them.

Interview Question – I got one question that was very unexpected: What is the definition of a circle? Seriously.   View Answers (2)

Lafayette, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted Halliburton through a campus career fair. They set up a one on one on campus interview that same week. This initial interview was the only real interview. It consisted of about five situational questions and was more like a guided conversation.

After two weeks I was notified that I had been selected for a second round. I am convinced that the job was mine to lose at this point. This interview was more of a wine and dine situation. Our group of interviewees (about 10) were met with a group of Halliburton representatives. They took us out to dinner and basically just wanted to socialize with us. It was by far the most relaxing follow up interview ever. We spent one day watching presentations on several departments that were hiring and at the end of the day we were instructed to write our top three choices. Again, this is a very informal interview used to educate potential candidates about the company. Be polite and have fun.

I left the interview on a thursday and received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to work out of your area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. This is an entry position and the package offered was very competitive.

Brighton, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details – They did a 20 min phone interview with me and asked 5 typical "Tell me about a time..." questions. They got back to me about 2 weeks later and invited me to a 2nd interview in Brighton CO. They flew me out there on a Wednesday morning. Dress was business casual, no tie or coat. We met in the hotel lobby around 3pm and had a PowerPoint presentation of the different product service lines (PSL's). They took us to dinner around 5pm and back to the hotel around 7:30. Thursday morning we met (there were 9 of us) in the lobby at 5am, they took us to breakfast and we headed to a frac job. We had lunch and then back to the training center/field camp and toured the lab. To end it we had the individual "formal" interview where they asked us what we thought and what our preferential PSL and location was. They ask a mind teaser but it's a comfortable environment so I didn't feel stressed. 2 weeks after the 2nd interview they called me and said the interview went well and that they'd email me an offer letter. A few days later I received the offer letter and had a week and a half to reply. The second interview is for the candidate to see what the job is really like and how bad the hours are going to be and then if you're still interested and seem excited about it, they'll likely make you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer
  • You have a room with 3 light bulbs in it, the switches are outside the room, you start outside the room, you can only go in the room once, how do you know which switches are for which bulbs?   View Answer
  • You have a hefty anchor in a small boat, you throw the anchor into the water, what happens to the water level?   View Answer

Kilgore, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through university career site. Attended information session before interview; learned about different PSLs and work environment. Next day had a 1:1 interview with recruiter. All behavioral questions then a chance to ask questions about company. The will type everything you say word for word as you answer the interview questions. Was selected for second interview and flown to Kilgore, TX. Members or management gave another presentation, took us to lunch and dinner, and took us to a job site. No actual interview took place; they just wanted to see what you were like in person. Second interview lasted two days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Kilgore, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2009.

Interview Details – No formal interview. Just watched a presentation on the position and went out on location to view a job. Mostly a get to know you session.

Associate Technical Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Question – The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!