Halliburton Corporate Development Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

First round interview was on campus at SMU. Second/Final round interviews were at the corporate office in Houston. They invited six people from Tulane, SMU, & Texas A&M. Took us to dinner Wednesday night with interviews on Thursday morning. Half the development office was traveling so we only had 3, 30-minute interviews consecutively. Mostly behavioral questions (talk about your resume, strengths/weaknesses, Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work at Halliburton?) and two technical questions (Enterprise Value and extrapolate a balance sheet if sales increase 30%).

Interview Questions
  • The accounting balance sheet question. The interviewer sprung it mid conversation and it definitely caught me off guard.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2011.

On-campus 1st round interview. Then invited to "Superday". Flew to Houston for Superday, had dinner with other candidates/employees. Next day, 6 interviews that lasted 45 minutes each. Questions were personality based with some technicals. Forecasting statements, accounting basics, etc

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the WACC of Halliburton?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

It was a senior manager and current analyst interviewing. Essentially the Corporate Development office was looking to hire one Corporate Development Analyst to take over the current analyst. It's a 2 year contract where the analyst normally goes off to graduate school afterwards or to another job. They didn't state whether graduate school was covered by Halliburton or not. It's a 2 interview process. Initial interview at the university (they look at UT, SMU, Tulane, & Rice) and second interview at their office. They do both behavioral and technical questions in the first round of interview which lasts roughly 45 minutes. The exact job description is below:

Halliburton Corporate Development provides merger & acquisition support to the company’s global operations. The Corporate Development Analyst position involves a diverse set of responsibilities including building valuation models for potential targets, researching acquisition candidates and industry developments, assisting with the due diligence process, and other strategy-related functions. This Program is an ideal opportunity for graduates interested in pursuing a general business career track and obtaining a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). The two to three year program is designed to develop the quantitative and qualitative skills required to evaluate market opportunities and assess business operational and financial performance.

Responsibilities:
    • Interact on daily basis with executive management in support of M&A and other strategic initiatives
    • Evaluate industry, market segment, and company specific trends to identify strategic opportunities
    • Assist in merger & acquisition valuation assessment including discounted cash flow, comparable company and comparable transaction analysis
    • Analyze financial performance to assess revenue growth potential, product mix, expense trends, profit margins, capitalization and working capital requirements
    • Prepare presentations for executive management and The Board of Directors
    • Develop and maintain merger & acquisition analytical tools

There's max of 5 interview questions that I'm allowed to submit so I'll just put them here.

• Tell me about yourself.
    • Walk me through the DCF analysis
    • What are the different valuation methods
    • Walk me through the multiples valuation method
    • What are the weakness of using an EBITDA multiple?
    • What do you think the current WACC of Halliburton is?
    • Where would you currently value Halliburton at? Why?
    • Why do you want to work at Halliburton besides the fact that your friend works here?
    • What interests you about the oil and energy industry?
    • Are you detail-oriented?