Halliburton

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was a two-step process and I applied on campus. First, you pass the resume screen then I was selected for an in-person interview. It was very basic - why Halliburton? How many hours can you work a week? Tell me about yourself. What is your job experience thus far? I passed the first round and then was flown to Denver for a second round which was very enjoyable. The first day is learning from them via PowerPoint and going out to dinner and getting to know everyone (was in a group of 5 Halli employees and 5-8 candidates). The next day, you wake up bright and early (3-4 AM) and go out to work sites and labs. They continuously watch you as they tell you information about what is going on. Later, before leaving, is the interview time. Each person is called in one-on-one and asked a few questions about what you saw that day and if they envisioned themself as a Halli employee. Very basic, just ASK QUESTIONS and participate. That is all.

Interview Question – What is the most hours you envision yourself working per week?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview. It mainly focused on personality test and also behavior questions. It took about 40 minutes. The people are very nice and the interview was well-organized.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I thought my interview went really well however I didn't get a 2nd interview. I'm not really disappointed though because I've heard they're a sketchy company.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were given a project or task with very little direction or instruction. How did you handle it and what were the results?   View Answer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – On campus interview. Interview was setup through career services.

Interview Question – What do you see as being the most challenging aspect of the job?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted for 1 hours based on basics of Labview and digital electronics

Interview Question – How do you convert 120 Single phase into 240V   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Fresno, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2011.

Interview Details – I obtained the first interview on campus...standard behavioral questions were asked. Know your aptitudes and strengths because all they are doing is making sure that you have the characteristics to become a good field engineer. I was selected for second round interviews were the first day we had a presentation of the different PSLs. The presentation was held by two field engineers and three regional leaders. The presentation was followed by a dinner where we interacted with the representatives and this is your chance to ask all the questions you may have!
The next day consisted of a field visit where all of the equipment and tools were showcased. Next we had lunch with the regional leaders and then 1:1 interviews were held. Be honest!!! They want to know which PSL you like and why you like it...remember this job is not for everybody and this will be very clear to you by the end of the field visit!. I am waiting for an offer...fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Interview Question – What would be the kind of job that you do not want?   Answer Question

Engineer
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2008.

Interview Details – I got the call for the technical interview and then the management and HR interview.

Interview Question – education, technical skill and interpersonal relation, working hours   Answer Question

Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2008.

Interview Details – Just talked about CV and my background

Interview Question – How long you want to be with the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was declared before, no negotiation.

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got interview through College job fair. The interview took place at the school and was given by alumni (I believe) who worked for the company. Strictly behavioral. They really didn't ask anything from my resume. The interviewer was great and answered any questions I had. Got an email 2 wks later asking what location and psl. I got an email for a 2nd interview already.

Interview Questions

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!