Halliburton Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Interview

Great interview in Mid-Con region. Were taken on tour through various warehouses and got to see the equipment and history of the company. The second interview was more of a group discussion of the company and the way that they contribute to the market. I met great people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview consisted of basic engineering questions. Called for in-person interview, consisted of a panel of current engineers asking creativity questions. In-person interview was long and lasted all day and a tour of the entire facility.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part were the unexpected engineering questions over the phone.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview. It mainly focused on personality test and also behavior questions. It took about 40 minutes. The people are very nice and the interview was well-organized.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in September 2013.

Interview

I thought my interview went really well however I didn't get a 2nd interview. I'm not really disappointed though because I've heard they're a sketchy company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given a project or task with very little direction or instruction. How did you handle it and what were the results?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Interview was setup through career services.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as being the most challenging aspect of the job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a two-step process and I applied on campus. First, you pass the resume screen then I was selected for an in-person interview. It was very basic - why Halliburton? How many hours can you work a week? Tell me about yourself. What is your job experience thus far? I passed the first round and then was flown to Denver for a second round which was very enjoyable. The first day is learning from them via PowerPoint and going out to dinner and getting to know everyone (was in a group of 5 Halli employees and 5-8 candidates). The next day, you wake up bright and early (3-4 AM) and go out to work sites and labs. They continuously watch you as they tell you information about what is going on. Later, before leaving, is the interview time. Each person is called in one-on-one and asked a few questions about what you saw that day and if they envisioned themself as a Halli employee. Very basic, just ASK QUESTIONS and participate. That is all.

Interview Questions

• What is the most hours you envision yourself working per week?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted for 1 hours based on basics of Labview and digital electronics

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton (Fresno, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I obtained the first interview on campus...standard behavioral questions were asked. Know your aptitudes and strengths because all they are doing is making sure that you have the characteristics to become a good field engineer. I was selected for second round interviews were the first day we had a presentation of the different PSLs. The presentation was held by two field engineers and three regional leaders. The presentation was followed by a dinner where we interacted with the representatives and this is your chance to ask all the questions you may have!
    The next day consisted of a field visit where all of the equipment and tools were showcased. Next we had lunch with the regional leaders and then 1:1 interviews were held. Be honest!!! They want to know which PSL you like and why you like it...remember this job is not for everybody and this will be very clear to you by the end of the field visit!. I am waiting for an offer...fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change something in your past what would it be? and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you a leader or a team player? Give examples.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was quite straightforward. It was a one on one interview with the HR and basic questions like why you want the job and why specifically halliburton were asked. I met them in a career fair and I got an interview slot with them. They are a very good company and their employees are very courteous and reply promptly to any queries. The office is located in an industrial area and consists of both the office space and a manufacturing/testing facility.