Halliburton Entry Level Engineer Mechanical Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Entry Level Engineer Mechanical Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Halliburton.

Out of the blue I received a phone call from a Halliburton talent agent saying that they had come across my resume and if I was interested in interviewing. I said sure and was contacted weeks later to schedule a phone interview.

The interview was with two program managers who sounded very enthusiastic about my background and what I had to offer. A week later I received another phone call from the talent agent asking if I would like to do an onsite interview. I was flown out and taken to lunch and on a tour by the same people from the phone interview. There weren't really many interview questions besides just conversation about my masters program. The following week I was asked to interview again with an HR representative and that was also typical HR questions.

The following week I received an offer from a different company that needed a decision by Friday. I contacted the talent agent and told him my predicament and was told I would not be hearing from Halliburton until the following week but that I was going to get an offer for sure and for more that what I was going to be offered from the other company. I was asked to try to postpone the deadline but that was not possible. I received a phone call every single day assuring me to hold off and that I was going to receive an offer.

I decided to go with my gut and accept the offer from the other company and told the talent agent. He then told me that he understood and that the offer was not going to be a life changing amount and that even though I declined I would still see the offer. I never received it.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions, where do you see yourself in the future, what do you enjoy doing outside of school/work?   Answer Question

I did not get a good feeling from the site visit fromthe lack of minorities and women in engineering roles and I received a swifter offer from a non-competitor.