Halliburton

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.6

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

The first interview is at your college to screen you for personality type, gpa, and other apparent first perceptions of yourself. The second interview comes after you pass the first one and they will host you at your expected location (typically Oklahoma). The second interview is two days, the first day is an introduction into the company and your job roles (then you will eat at Trappers). The second day is showing you the facilities (which are awesome) and then an interview at the end with more technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Not too hard of an interview, please don't be THAT engineer that doesn't have a personality. Just be likable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Field Engineer Interview

Very informative and surprisingly trustworthy. Flew to Denver all expenses paid. Two round interview. It went very well. The second interview was question answer and it was best to show enthusiasm and be very excited.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what was the most important fracturing additive? Very technical questions.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

1st Interview - Talked to the recruiter at College and was set up for an interview a week later. Easy interview with a lot of behavioral questions and detailed questions about my resume.
    2nd Interview - Received a phone call to attend about 2 weeks later in Colorado. Went through a slide presentation explaining what Halliburton does and the benefits the first night with dinner with current young employees. The next day, we took tours of several facilities as they explained many things however with the large group it gets hard to hear everything, make sure you are in front and asking questions they like that.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding how to measure pressure and going over all the technical questions from the tour.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through university recruiting and was interviewed at the university along with about 10-15 other candidates that day. Was given an offer for a second interview within a week and now waiting for the site visit (second interview)

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were generally about previous difficult situations, customer service, team oriented projects/activities, etc.   Answer Question
    Still in process of accepting the job (site visit). Will follow up if possible.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Day one was a dinner with a few personnel which was pretty laid back. We drank, ate, and talk just to get to know one another. Day two involve a lengthy presentation of each product line that was hiring at the time. This lasted all morning and until after lunch. Once the presentation were done, the individual interviews started which were pretty relaxed and not too formal.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in December 2014.

Two interviews. First was a one on one interview with a employee who was performing the same job I would be doing. Second interview Halliburton brought me out to one of their locations for two days, gave me a tour of the facility, a detail info session about the company and what it is like to work for them, then a quick exit interview. Overall a fun and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a couple of technical questions in my exit interview that were conceptually hard to answer. I believe they just mainly wanted to hear my thought process as I reasoned through the problems.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the first year on the job is all training, so they have a very set first year salary. They allow for re-negotiation to occur once training is finished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Very thorough. They make sure they do their homework before they select you for an interview. Good grades are a must if you want to have any shot. During the interview they were very personable and asked a range of questions from relational to technical. Overall it was a very good an in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I was recently interviewed for the Field Engineer position in the Wireline and Perforation PSL in the Rockies Region.

Halliburton came to my university for an information session and on campus interviews. The on campus interviews were simple STAR questions with unexcited employees. After the interview, I was notified via email that I had been moved on to the second round and was asked my top location (region) and PSL choices. I was later offered a second round interview for my second PSL choice (wireline) and first location (Rockies).

With the offer came instructions for the interview, such as arrival time, method of transportation, etc. It wasn't until the day before my interview that I noted that there had been a mistake in my reservation. The email I received from HR instructed me to go to a location over an hour away from the Halliburton camp. Confused, I called HR and they informed me that a mistake had been made and they provided me with the correct hotel. I was thankful to have called them, or else I would have missed the interview due to their slip up.

The second round interview was rather unorganized as a whole. The first afternoon the other candidates and I (9 of us total) went to the camp and were given a presentation on the specifics of the PSL. We then went out to dinner and returned to the hotel with little information for the next day, besides the fact that we would be picked up at 6:30 and might go to a frack pad.

On the second day, we drove out to the frack pad after getting PPE from the camp. We arrived at the camp and looked at the wireline set up, though operations were down due to a malfunction. We left after about an hour and returned to the camp for interviews.

The interviews were again very straightforward. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. They ended up taking far longer than expected so I believe some candidates may have missed their flight out. Again, it was rather unorganized. I was driven back to the hotel after my interview, and headed home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill a customer's request while dealing with other deadlines.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Very unprofessional process, for the second round interview one of the interviewees that worked at Halliburton was a real jerk and because I did not pick his PSL he played on his phone the entire time I interviewed and was very unprofessional. Also when I said I wanted to move up to management after breaking out they chastised me and said that I needed to work in the field.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, for first round interview all behavioral based. Second round was just about position you wanted to be placed in.   Answer Question