Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.6

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Phone interview with 2 Engineers. Talked about the position then asked theoretical questions. Questions were difficult and they did not talk during this part. They also communicated with each other while muting themselves. Entry Level positions doesn't mean 0 year experience, Halliburton would like you to have some previous job experience.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time that you had a problem with a client needs and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Field Engineer Interview

apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

On Campus Interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
      Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
      How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question