Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Was asked a serious of questions by someone who graduated a couple years before me. Interviewer seemed uninterested and not much of personality. Read straight off the paper and wrote down what I had to say, hope he interpreted my answers well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation that seemed unachievable   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly simple. it was a behavioral interview they predominantly asked me about my resume and basic questions about me. One person interviewed me and it lasted for about 30-45mins. The interviewee ensured that a comfort zone was established and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1. why do you think you're suitable for the role 2. strength and weakness 3. describe a bad team experience you've had   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview is at your college to screen you for personality type, gpa, and other apparent first perceptions of yourself. The second interview comes after you pass the first one and they will host you at your expected location (typically Oklahoma). The second interview is two days, the first day is an introduction into the company and your job roles (then you will eat at Trappers). The second day is showing you the facilities (which are awesome) and then an interview at the end with more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Not too hard of an interview, please don't be THAT engineer that doesn't have a personality. Just be likable.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Very informative and surprisingly trustworthy. Flew to Denver all expenses paid. Two round interview. It went very well. The second interview was question answer and it was best to show enthusiasm and be very excited.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the most important fracturing additive? Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

It began on campus through an online application where I then received an email a few days later stating I was invited to the on campus interview. The first interview was easy and was purely behavioral. I just stated I was drawn to working on the field and so on on. Then I got invited to the second round interview in the Rocky Region. There it was two days where we met in the hotel lobby around 3pm and met some of the employees and had a presentation followed by some group questions. We then went to dinner afterwards. The next day was a tour of the facilities. Unfortunately, during the time of my interview and the drop in gas prices, I did not receive an offer due to a hiring freeze. They claimed they were still interested but we will see.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain all the pressures that would be associated with the bottom hole pressure. How many golfballs could fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Really positive and laid back interview. This was a great experience that gave a true and honest insight into the work as a Field Engineer with Halliburton. Overall a great interview process. I was impressed by how personal the interview felt.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Midland, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Had an initial interview on campus with one of the engineers are Halliburton. The interview was easy, they asked a lot of behavioral questions and have a set template they wanted to me to answer it. Discuss the situation, What did you do about it, What did it result in. For the 2nd round interview I went on a site visit. There was a group of 10-12 people with me on the same trip. They showed us the service lines available and a tour of the yard. After that, the had 1 on 1 interviews with 2 of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a bad decision? Tell me about a time you made a good decision?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

1st Interview - Talked to the recruiter at College and was set up for an interview a week later. Easy interview with a lot of behavioral questions and detailed questions about my resume. 2nd Interview - Received a phone call to attend about 2 weeks later in Colorado. Went through a slide presentation explaining what Halliburton does and the benefits the first night with dinner with current young employees. The next day, we took tours of several facilities as they explained many things however with the large group it gets hard to hear everything, make sure you are in front and asking questions they like that.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding how to measure pressure and going over all the technical questions from the tour.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting and was interviewed at the university along with about 10-15 other candidates that day. Was given an offer for a second interview within a week and now waiting for the site visit (second interview)

Interview Questions

• Most questions were generally about previous difficult situations, customer service, team oriented projects/activities, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in process of accepting the job (site visit). Will follow up if possible.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Day one was a dinner with a few personnel which was pretty laid back. We drank, ate, and talk just to get to know one another. Day two involve a lengthy presentation of each product line that was hiring at the time. This lasted all morning and until after lunch. Once the presentation were done, the individual interviews started which were pretty relaxed and not too formal.