Halliburton

Getting the Interview

78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
  Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of hydraulic fracing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just be yourself   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Got chosen for an on campus interview after talking with the Halliburton representatives at the information session they put on. The interview was not difficult. They started the interview with informal small talk and their nature was very good willed. The interview then proceeded into a series of behavioral questions that were not difficult for any well rounded engineering student to answer using school or work experience. About a week after the interview I got an email saying that I was selected for the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was something you did to satisfy a customer? When have you used a trick to make something easier?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Campus Interview through campus recruiter

Interview Question – All typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Got a first interview on campus. Flew out to their main office in Colorado a month after for a a second interview. Second interview was 2 days long. There were at least 10 other candidates there. They did a presentation about the company, and took us on a tour of their facilities. It didn't feel like an interview, and felt very informal. However, I felt like they were observing us the whole time (seeing how we interact, asked questions, etc.). There was one-on-one exit interview, asking what locations and product lines interested me. They also asked questions about what they presented, and what they showed at the facilities. So pay attention the whole time!

Interview Question – Name a good/bad decision that you have made recently. Why?   Answer Question

Brighton, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a Human Resources Rep on campus. Approximately 3 weeks later I received an Email that I had been selected for a second interview and had to fill out a survey for my top 3 locations and product service lines. Filled out the survey but they decided to send me to a location that was not on my list. I went anyways and the interview experience was good. Was not extended an offer because I told them I wasn't interested in the locations they sent me to.

Interview Question – If you were sitting in a boat and through the anchor out, would the water level of the pond go up or down?   Answer Question

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very personable people, look to get the most out of the person of interest.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be yourself with this company. Don't be fake or put on a front.

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – The interview was a laid-back experience, more like a regular conversation. I felt comfortable answering their questions and had a good feeling when the interview was over. They also asked me some quasi-technical questions to get an understanding of my grasp of basic engineering concepts. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.