Halliburton

Average Difficulty
83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview at my college campus followed by a second round interview in Odessa. The representatives were extremely nice and helpful. The whole thing was extremely laid back and didn't feel like an interview at all.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Interview Question – describe a team problem and how do you managed it.   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
  Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of hydraulic fracing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just be yourself   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Got chosen for an on campus interview after talking with the Halliburton representatives at the information session they put on. The interview was not difficult. They started the interview with informal small talk and their nature was very good willed. The interview then proceeded into a series of behavioral questions that were not difficult for any well rounded engineering student to answer using school or work experience. About a week after the interview I got an email saying that I was selected for the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was something you did to satisfy a customer? When have you used a trick to make something easier?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Campus Interview through campus recruiter

Interview Question – All typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!