Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews in Houston, TX

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Questions
    Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

1st round interview on ccampus. 2nd round interview at their research center in Houston. The usual dinner the night before and the a series of interview the second day. It was their first time doing that for their research center so it was a little unorganized and the interviewers seem a little off.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   View Answer

Drilling Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

For this position, I was referred by an employee and former colleague. I corresponded with the hiring manager only during the interview and during subsequent conversations involving an extension of an offer and my acceptance. The reason for the lengthy duration of the entire hiring process was due to scheduling problems in also interviewing with the client that had particular interest in using me as a resource.

I performed only one panel interview, in which I presented my past work, most desirable skills, and knowledge of Halliburton Consulting. The presentation subject outline was given to me before the interview, with little time to deviate at all. I would not suggest deviating anyways.

The presentation was followed by a questioning period, which was performed predominantly by the 7 or so panelists involved in the interview. The hiring manager offered a solid summary of Halliburton Consulting's outlook and operational processes, which can be found on their website (I was quizzed briefly about one of these processes, in fact).

Overall, the interview was enjoyable (save the question portion). Everyone was professional, encouraging, and acknowledged any difficult questions with a bit of humor, which was much appreciated. The final question - asked by the hiring manager - was the standard "Is there any reason why you would not accept this job if the offer was extended?" question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade an unconvinced Principal Drilling Engineer (a client) with two decades more experience than you to listen to a single input you make as a consultant and place you on his team?   View Answer
    I think it is always best to negotiate salary, but do not expect to get much more than the initial offer. I had a competing offer of a much higher value from another company, but was not offered any additional increase in salary by Halliburton Consulting upon signing with them. To be fair, a month later, Halliburton Consulting decided to go ahead and honor the higher salary offer, after I had already signed with their smaller initial offer. I do not know if this is internal policy or if this was given to me specially for reasons unknown to me, but it was a nice surprise regardless.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

I have applied through the company's website.I have got a call from them after 5 weeks.A phone interview was scheduled for me.The interviewer has told me about the company and the work they do.Then i was asked to tell me about myself and my background.He was interested in my research work in parallel computing and asked to elaborate more on it.then i was asked to explain any other projects which i have done in the past.He asked me to rate myself for 10 points in several programming languages such java,c# and c++.

He had also asked some technical questions such as difference between base class and interface in java,time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.

Interview Questions
    • time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.   View Answer

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Had a tour for the first night, and three 1-on-1 interviews in the second morning. Mostly went though the resume. Been asked several technical questions regarding digital electronics, analog electronics and dsp. Questions are not easy.

Senior Production Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2013.

A phone, trip to Houston, Tx. Met with entire manufacturing management team (Quality, Safety, Engineering, CI).

Interview Questions
    The company gave me exactly what I was asking.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

The manager is friendly and asked every question basically based on my resume. So be prepared.

The position is in Singapore

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Halliburton is quite like fella Schlumberger, an oil-service company that merely hires software developers. But Halliburton is not totally like his fella Schlumberger, they do not appear on Rice University's career expo. And they bring in info-sessions, as well as on-campus interview. Purely bluff, like fella Schlumberger. Purely non-technical questions, like fella Schlumberger. And you never know why you are ignore, why you are approached. I am in the first kind. One of my friend received an onsite invitation email, the email tells the date to go onsite, but without a time, a location. And the date has passed, quiet.

Interview Questions

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!