Halliburton Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy. Simple question format, typical ones you can find on the internet. If you have any experience outdoor working experience theyll most likely get you an interview. Just make sure your honest.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a total of 7 interviews including an presentation of my thesis research. The presentation was attended by the interviewers. The presentation was the main part of the selection process. I was being judged on how I dealt with questions that seemed very imposing on the outside but were very simple in nature. However, during the personal interviews, I was asked about the basics of electromagnetic theory and also whether I had rudimentary knowledge about oil wells.

Interview Questions

• What is image theory in electromagnetics?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

four interviews, with four departments, including finance and marketing. I was able to get a 30 min interview with different sides, really helping me to choose what I wanted todo

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a group   1 Answer

Laboratory Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Talk to the hiring manager for 30 mins-1 hour. Look around the facility, and then having lunch with other lab people. After that, the hiring manager talk about the job descriptions and the lab instruments. Then head you back to hotel.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I have applied through the company's website.I have got a call from them after 5 weeks.A phone interview was scheduled for me.The interviewer has told me about the company and the work they do.Then i was asked to tell me about myself and my background.He was interested in my research work in parallel computing and asked to elaborate more on it.then i was asked to explain any other projects which i have done in the past.He asked me to rate myself for 10 points in several programming languages such java,c# and c++. He had also asked some technical questions such as difference between base class and interface in java,time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.

Interview Questions

• time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I applied online then someone called me and I went in and did the interview. Easy questions such as what have you done in your past and if you were hired what do you bring to the table.

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone call to come for interview I took the interview and about three weeks after got a job offer to start training. Training was all in house took aprox 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience that makes u fit for this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation all pay was a set rate

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The manager is friendly and asked every question basically based on my resume. So be prepared.

The position is in Singapore

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy phone screen, and then 1st round phone interview. Easy going people, asked great questions. Not as hard of an interview process as I had expected. Spoke with a general HR recruiter as well as some technical people. Glad I took the interview was a really great experience for me. Liked the process and the company.

Drilling Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

For this position, I was referred by an employee and former colleague. I corresponded with the hiring manager only during the interview and during subsequent conversations involving an extension of an offer and my acceptance. The reason for the lengthy duration of the entire hiring process was due to scheduling problems in also interviewing with the client that had particular interest in using me as a resource. I performed only one panel interview, in which I presented my past work, most desirable skills, and knowledge of Halliburton Consulting. The presentation subject outline was given to me before the interview, with little time to deviate at all. I would not suggest deviating anyways. The presentation was followed by a questioning period, which was performed predominantly by the 7 or so panelists involved in the interview. The hiring manager offered a solid summary of Halliburton Consulting's outlook and operational processes, which can be found on their website (I was quizzed briefly about one of these processes, in fact). Overall, the interview was enjoyable (save the question portion). Everyone was professional, encouraging, and acknowledged any difficult questions with a bit of humor, which was much appreciated. The final question - asked by the hiring manager - was the standard "Is there any reason why you would not accept this job if the offer was extended?" question.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade an unconvinced Principal Drilling Engineer (a client) with two decades more experience than you to listen to a single input you make as a consultant and place you on his team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think it is always best to negotiate salary, but do not expect to get much more than the initial offer. I had a competing offer of a much higher value from another company, but was not offered any additional increase in salary by Halliburton Consulting upon signing with them. To be fair, a month later, Halliburton Consulting decided to go ahead and honor the higher salary offer, after I had already signed with their smaller initial offer. I do not know if this is internal policy or if this was given to me specially for reasons unknown to me, but it was a nice surprise regardless.