Halliburton Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.8

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Got the interview through university career services website. After a week got an email from the HR saying the interview is scheduled in two days on campus. The interviewer was very nice and helped me understand the questions after stating them. Since it was the first interview, all the questions were behavioral (about 12 or so questions). The first questions was "tell me about yourself", second was "what do you know about this position?". Then the interviewer moved on to basic behavioral questions such as "when was the time where you were asked something to do and you could not meet the target" and "tell me about an occasion in your experience where cultural influence or different cultures affected you".

I did not get an offer since they were looking for geology majors and masters degree in geology as their preferred candidates, while I was B.S in engineering. I was actually surprised to be called for the interview. Great learning experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • Were you asked to change the work environment? and how did you go about doing it?   View Answer

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Had a tour for the first night, and three 1-on-1 interviews in the second morning. Mostly went though the resume. Been asked several technical questions regarding digital electronics, analog electronics and dsp. Questions are not easy.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

1st round interview on ccampus. 2nd round interview at their research center in Houston. The usual dinner the night before and the a series of interview the second day. It was their first time doing that for their research center so it was a little unorganized and the interviewers seem a little off.

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Fist phone intreview.
    Second interview with manager, engineer and director. Director was very rude. I knew that i didnt get the job.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Geoscience Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted on the phone about 3 weeks later. I answered some questions and reiterated my interest on the position. The recruiter scheduled me for face to face interview in 6 days’ time. I went for the interview as planed and was interviewed by a lady first, then interviewed with a group of employees (about 6 in number), with a lady calling in on the phone from Brazil. After that I was given a very brief tour of their facility and then interviewed with another group of employees (they were about 5 in number this time) with 2 employees calling in on the phone from Denver, Colorado and Arkansas. After interviewing with the second group of employees, I was interviewed by the Global Operation Manager (North America - Landmark Product Service Line) and finally interviewed again by the lady who welcomed and interviewed me first. Then she told me that I should be hearing from then in 1 or 2 weeks’ time. After 16 days of my interview, I called her and she told me that I am one of the candidates they were still considering for the position. It is now 42 days later and I still have not heard from them.

Below are some of the questions they asked me (in no particular order), after telling me what they do and what my role will be, if hired.

1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Tell me about a conflict you had with a colleague in your current position? 3. How would you handle and angry client/customer? 4. Do you like the idea of a customer filling out a survey for a job you have helped him or her on and rate your performance? 5. What do you know about our product? 6. Tell us about your current job? Do you like working Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 am? 7. Since you currently work in the field, how would you stay motivated working in the office? 8. Tell me about this gap in your resume? 9. Tell me about Sprayberry or reservoir rocks in Midland Basin? Tell us about software you have used? 10. Have you used oracle software before? 11. When you are about to learn a new software, do like to start from the scratch, reading the manual or you just look for the part you are interested in, learn it and move on? 12. Tell me about your thesis, the software you used in carrying it out? 13. Have you taken any class in Geophysics before? 14. What does team work mean to you? 15. Have you worked with anyone you do not like currently or in the past? 16. Do you like to write? 17. You have your thesis published and can be searched through Google correct? 18. Why do you want to work for Halliburton? 19. Tell me what you thought of all the employees who have interviewed you? Is there any of them you do not like? How did you hear about this position? 20. How are you going to deal with ‘good old boys’ on the phone who is going to get so upset with you and say they do not understand you?

Interview Questions
    • This job is different from what you are currently doing, how would you stay motivated?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

It is ver simple and basic in term of behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer
    If they want you ask for anything because you will get it. The worst that can happen is that they will tell you no.

Senior Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in May 2013.

The whole process last for 3 months. In May I received phone interview, and 2 months later went for the onsite interview, gave the presentation and interviewed with 4 people. one month later received the phone call of the results.

Interview Questions
    • My research topic is different from what they are doing, so one person kept asking the question "why don't go to another area, why do you want to work here "when I gave the presentation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in May 2013.

1 hour phone interview focused on software basics followed by onsite interview with hiring manager, a dev manager from another team I would be working with, a senior developer, and then an architect. Each session was timed to exactly 30 minutes long, and there were other candidates there that day too going through the same pipeline. Interviews were all very conversational, though the architect did grill a little more on conceptual stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I would handle sensitive shopping cart data in an ecommerce web application if the requirement was to be completely sessionless   View Answer

Low for the type of position offered, and at the very bottom end of my desired salary range. Gave them the option to increase offer but they declined to communicate further. Recommend discussing with them directly rather than relying on recruiter for negotiation.