Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews in Houston, TX

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2013.

1 hour phone interview focused on software basics followed by onsite interview with hiring manager, a dev manager from another team I would be working with, a senior developer, and then an architect. Each session was timed to exactly 30 minutes long, and there were other candidates there that day too going through the same pipeline. Interviews were all very conversational, though the architect did grill a little more on conceptual stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I would handle sensitive shopping cart data in an ecommerce web application if the requirement was to be completely sessionless   View Answer

Low for the type of position offered, and at the very bottom end of my desired salary range. Gave them the option to increase offer but they declined to communicate further. Recommend discussing with them directly rather than relying on recruiter for negotiation.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

It was a first round telephone interview. He just let me to introduce myself first, and then asked me a bunch of expected questions in my resume. Not quite a skill interview. He was also quite interested in my previous working experiences and ask me a lot about that.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you have ever met in your career.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Halliburton.

It is ver simple and basic in term of behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer
    If they want you ask for anything because you will get it. The worst that can happen is that they will tell you no.

Corporate Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

First round interview was on campus at SMU. Second/Final round interviews were at the corporate office in Houston. They invited six people from Tulane, SMU, & Texas A&M. Took us to dinner Wednesday night with interviews on Thursday morning. Half the development office was traveling so we only had 3, 30-minute interviews consecutively. Mostly behavioral questions (talk about your resume, strengths/weaknesses, Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work at Halliburton?) and two technical questions (Enterprise Value and extrapolate a balance sheet if sales increase 30%).

Interview Questions
    • The accounting balance sheet question. The interviewer sprung it mid conversation and it definitely caught me off guard.   View Answer

Drilling Engineerilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Great interview process in Halliburton. HR was detailed,diligent and respectfull throughout the interview process. My first impression was a company that cared, and over a span of 2 years, it has proven to be so. The Company has a great bonus and health care program. Their 401k is also impressive and they have a 4% matching contribution to your 401K

Interview Questions
    • Why did you want to work for a service company after leaving a producing company?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary.

Desktop Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Standard run-of-the-mill interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult as the job role requires the industry standard experience.   Answer Question
    Negotiation for a salary is hard, but asking for a bump later is much more difficult. They value seniority and have a one-size-fits-all attitude with pay raises. Make sure you get in at your market value as "proving" yourself for a promotion is only valued in Houston.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

interviewed at Halliburton in January 2013.

The workers were friendly but there was one guy who was being tough on everyone. Asked difficult questions on the spot and I felt like I was being lectured on how to reply to his answers. He was talking most of the time and didn't let me finish my responses.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader or a follower? Are you a thinker or a doer?   View Answer

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

one on one interview, 4 persons

Intern for Landmark Halliburton Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2013.

They got my resume from my student organization and called me to tell me about an interview, they later sent an email with a very detailed attachment including a map to the place etc.
    We arrived at 8 am there was breakfast and I had 3 interviews with 3 different people
    Very relaxed environment

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader or follower?
      and then
      are you a do'er or thinker?
        View Answers (2)

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Great interview best I every had, they make you feel like you need to to interview them in a good way