Halliburton

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied via my business school's online recruiting website and was contacted for an interview through there. It was half an hour long and definitely low key, just a couple of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about Halliburton. I've never been asked so explicitly about that before.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Halliburton in January 2013.

Interview Details – The workers were friendly but there was one guy who was being tough on everyone. Asked difficult questions on the spot and I felt like I was being lectured on how to reply to his answers. He was talking most of the time and didn't let me finish my responses.

Interview Question – Are you a leader or a follower? Are you a thinker or a doer?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied when they came to career fair at my university. Got an email asking me to schedule an on-campus interview. The interview was for 30 minutes. The interviewer was nice and asked me a behavioral question, two brain teasers and one technical question. I thought I did fairly well until I ran out of time in writing code for the last technical question

Interview Questions

• Brain Teaser: Given a room with 3 light bulbs which have their respective three switches (On/Off) outside the room. You don't know which switch corresponds to which light bulb. You can do whatever you want with the switches but you can enter the room only once. How will you find which light switch corresponds to which light bulb?   View Answers (2)
  • Reverse a singly linked list   Answer Question
  • Brain Teaser: Swap two numbers without using a temporary third variable.   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details – It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Question – They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any special negotiations

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews with employees and final interview with the hiring manager. I think they got my resume from career fair at the university or through online.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!