Halliburton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014

2.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied via my business school's online recruiting website and was contacted for an interview through there. It was half an hour long and definitely low key, just a couple of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what you know about Halliburton. I've never been asked so explicitly about that before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Halliburton in January 2013.

The workers were friendly but there was one guy who was being tough on everyone. Asked difficult questions on the spot and I felt like I was being lectured on how to reply to his answers. He was talking most of the time and didn't let me finish my responses.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader or a follower? Are you a thinker or a doer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton in February 2011.

Applied when they came to career fair at my university. Got an email asking me to schedule an on-campus interview. The interview was for 30 minutes. The interviewer was nice and asked me a behavioral question, two brain teasers and one technical question. I thought I did fairly well until I ran out of time in writing code for the last technical question

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teaser: Given a room with 3 light bulbs which have their respective three switches (On/Off) outside the room. You don't know which switch corresponds to which light bulb. You can do whatever you want with the switches but you can enter the room only once. How will you find which light switch corresponds to which light bulb?   View Answers (2)
    • Reverse a singly linked list   Answer Question
    • Brain Teaser: Swap two numbers without using a temporary third variable.   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
    Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Questions
    • They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question
    There was not any special negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Several phone interviews with employees and final interview with the hiring manager. I think they got my resume from career fair at the university or through online.