Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Did not negotiate.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   View Answer

PF01-Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Military job fair hiring event. From application to offer was 24 hours. Entry level with planned development. Wish I did this several years ago. Smoothest interview I have been through.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions were what I would have asked. The interviewer worked off a preprogramed interview.   Answer Question
    I was given a $3 per hour higher start due to previous work experience and education.

Category Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Phone Interview followed by in person interview with manager and 2 other members of department. It was basic behavioral interview with a focus on time management and people skills. There were also specific contract review questions.

Interview Questions
    • Did I think I was capable of focusing on the commercial aspects of the job?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton was doing campus recruiting. They interviewed several students. Only a few got 2nd interviews. They were flown to Odessa for a two day, see how everything works tour. Interviews were conducted and offer letters sent by email a month or so later. Recieved $10,000 bonus that is received $5000 initially, $2000 after some training and another $3000 later.

There is no negotiation

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!