Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Question – Unfortunately no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Interview Question – Study the company and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and the interview was very simple. Then I went to a 2 day on site interview at the Halliburton facility. On the first day they had a presentation for the candidates to show us the general overview of everything then they took us out to eat dinner. On the second day they basically just showed the candidates the equipment on site and asked if we had any questions.

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Burleson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2014.

Interview Details – applied online- took 2 weeks to get interview, they asked a few technical questions to gauge electrical backround. mostly just explained the job an asked if I would be able to fit the requirements what they were looking for.

Interview Question – asked questions regarding omms law and computer netwrking.   Answer Question

PF01-Operator Assistant I Interview

PF01-Operator Assistant I
Fort Hood, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Military job fair hiring event. From application to offer was 24 hours. Entry level with planned development. Wish I did this several years ago. Smoothest interview I have been through.

Interview Question – None, most questions were what I would have asked. The interviewer worked off a preprogramed interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a $3 per hour higher start due to previous work experience and education.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview on ccampus. 2nd round interview at their research center in Houston. The usual dinner the night before and the a series of interview the second day. It was their first time doing that for their research center so it was a little unorganized and the interviewers seem a little off.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions and resume stuff.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Caldwell, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details – talk on the phone, meet in person where i think the hiring manager was trying to hit on me..he is a man and so am I..YUK. go through 2 week training course about safety. then get thrown to the wolves. sink or swim.

Interview Question – they dont truly ask to many hard let alone mediocre questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more than what the job search asked for, the hiring manager told me that it was to much even though i was better trained than all of the other field technician. I told him that it was to bad and ended the interview. Their HR called me the next day and hired me at the wage i requested.

Very Difficult Interview

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Supply Chain Management Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Question – How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   View Answer

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!