Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.6

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Applied through school's website and got an email to schedule an interview a few weeks ago. Interview was simple. It was about 30mins. Only one person was there asking some basic behavior questions. Interviewer has engineering background but didn't ask any questions relevant to skill. He was really nice, taking notes while you were talking.

SCMP Interview

In person interview at school.
    Had a face to face interview with recruiter and heard back within a month whether or I was offered the position or not. Leadership experiences are a huge factor in selection as most questions ask you relate to it.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to influence other around you who are resistant to change?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

Typical behavioral based questions. Ask about a situation and what did you do. After the interview you will hear from them within a few weeks. Very fast! Offer isn't negotiable. The process is fairly easy and straight forward for an internship position. Average interview it isn't very hard.

Operator Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

A day after applying I received a phone interview in which the person asked me why I would be a good fit for the type of work, asked about past job experience, and she went over general details of the work. I was given an in-person interview a few days later with management. The interview was with the department manager and with an HR representative who was on speaker phone. Questions asked were really basic interview questions. Nothing to unusual for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Not open to negotiation

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I had a 45 minute interview with standard questions they fill out in a packet. I don't think the interview was set up in a way that they could really get to know who I am. At the end, my interviewer left time for questions. They will get back to you in a quick time frame.

Applications Evaluation Specialist Interview

Interview was good. Questions were straight forward. I had the opportunity to ask my own questions and the interviewers answered my questions to the best of their ability. I felt like I also had the chance to find out from them if this was going to be a good environment for my aspirations and career growth.

Frac/Acid Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

like any huge company, slow to start .I needed to submit multiple appplications. Then after i had my interview, it was three weeks till i had heard anything back from the company.

there was none

Frac Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

Applied online through gohalliburton.com, after two weeks I received an email invite to a hiring / information session. The event was held at a hotel. The session started at 8:00 am. Prior to the presentation I was required to fill out a questionnaire. The questionnaire was much like a job application ( ie work history, prior field experience if any, criminal background any felonies ect).there were a lot of people there approximately 150 people Enough to fill three different presentations. Once the presentation was over they had everyone file into a waiting room, then one by one called people in for one on one interviews. My interview only lasted about five minutes. My interviewer was a woman, she was some sort of supervisor. She went through my work history on my resume and asked me if I was ok with working in the elements and being away from home for long periods of time. I guess she liked my answers and then told me what I would be making per hour and then told me congratulations and welcome to Halliburton. She returned to me my original questionnaire with my hourly wage written at the top and had me deliver that to two ladies I assume to be hr hiring ladies. They had me sign an acceptance letter then gave me my pre hire instructions. ( ie. Drug test physical and to go get my CDL permit) Over all it took about 6 hours. I am truly excited I really didn't expect to get hired out of so many applicants. Some tips I have.
    Dress attire- buisness casual. Not over dressed. Def. no suit and tie.
    Show up early! I noticed the people who showed up early were the most that were hired!
    Make sure you have a resume!

Interview Questions
    • pre presentation questionair

Previous work related. Describe an experience using safety equipment.

Have you ever work with dangerous machinery or hazardous chemicals?

What actions would you take if you noticed a fellow employee exhibiting unsafe work behavior
        Answer Question
    No negotiation ( entry level position )

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.