Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

MWD Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The company made me drive to the location to have the interview which was 2 1/2 hrs away after a quick phone interview. The people were very nice but yet stern. Made you seem inadequate even though they offered the position.

SCMP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

two day process with multiple interviews and presentation. done as a group. played interactive strategy games. graded the whole trip. different interview questions asked to different people. presentation is on any random topic

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

campus application, then wait for a long time to get a phone interview, about one month after the phone interview, I got an email saying I will have an office visit, two managers interviewed me together for about 1 hr. They did not really ask any question, but instead they just explain what the program really is

Category Manager - Travel and Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

HR Advisor emailed me based on my LinkedIn profile (Was a passive candidate as I am currently employed and not looking for employment.) Met with the Hiring Manager (HM) and other stake holders. Initially, everyone appeared to be nice and I had some great discussions. Overall culture appeared to be a fit. 1st red flag, however, was when HM asked me about personal things (family) during the 1st interview, which I told him was illegal. Entire process took 2.5 months - which seemed WAY too long. 2nd red glad was when HM set up an appointment to give me an offer and was a "no show" and I didn't hear back for 1.5 business days. Finally they gave me a verbal offer and discontinued talks after HM told me I was not being transparent (I refused to provide him current compensation at my company, but was willing to provide a range).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current org chart; Tell me about what strategy means to you; tell me about how you got into a confrontational situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

I based my decision on the red flags I perceived during the interview process and how I was treated by the Hiring Manager during the interviews and follow up discussions.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The main lobby was warm. The AC couldn't keep up while I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview. As soon as the interview started, I felt like I was in trouble. I was sent here by a recruiter to fill a temp position. I understood it to be entry level for a new graduate. However the interviewer wanted someone who had experience with pre-credits, SAP, and actually working in the general ledger. I don't have that experience yet, so after fumbling through an answer, I admitted that I expected to gain that experience through this position, not already have it.

Interview Questions

• If you had a pre-payment of $3000 for 3 years, how would you handle it on a monthly basis?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

This was a group phone interview, but it was really more of an interrogation. I can't say I would want to work with these people now, so I guess it was good thing. Anything I said, they would question it derisively, from technical answers to past design decisions. Trying to explain something, I would frequently be interrupted. The whole thing was disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between c# structure and class.   Answer Question

Landmark Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Applied on-campus. HR contacted me to schedule a telephonic interview. I really liked the interview and the way they handle the recruiting process. I had interviews with multiple groups. Hiring manager directly interviews the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Everything on my resume and why Halliburton   1 Answer

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The entire interview was comprised of personality based questions. Nothing very technical but it gets you to speak technically about previous projects or experience you have. This is a good way to find out if they can get along with you at the same time finding out what broad experience you have gained in your school projects, internships, or previous work experience.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Was asked a serious of questions by someone who graduated a couple years before me. Interviewer seemed uninterested and not much of personality. Read straight off the paper and wrote down what I had to say, hope he interpreted my answers well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation that seemed unachievable   1 Answer

General Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Halliburton (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through college career website. Was contacted for an campus interview. About two weeks later, was contacted to set up an on-site interview and book flight arrangements. Was flown out to the site with about 10 other candidates and shown different job duties. Another quick 20 minute interview at the end of the day.