Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews

337 interviews

2.6

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Questions
    Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Salary was low
    Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Did not negotiate.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

I interviewed on campus and the interview was very simple. Then I went to a 2 day on site interview at the Halliburton facility. On the first day they had a presentation for the candidates to show us the general overview of everything then they took us out to eat dinner. On the second day they basically just showed the candidates the equipment on site and asked if we had any questions.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burleson, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2014.

applied online- took 2 weeks to get interview, they asked a few technical questions to gauge electrical backround. mostly just explained the job an asked if I would be able to fit the requirements what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • asked questions regarding omms law and computer netwrking.   Answer Question

PF01-Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Military job fair hiring event. From application to offer was 24 hours. Entry level with planned development. Wish I did this several years ago. Smoothest interview I have been through.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions were what I would have asked. The interviewer worked off a preprogramed interview.   Answer Question
    I was given a $3 per hour higher start due to previous work experience and education.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

1st round interview on ccampus. 2nd round interview at their research center in Houston. The usual dinner the night before and the a series of interview the second day. It was their first time doing that for their research center so it was a little unorganized and the interviewers seem a little off.

Interview Questions

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!