Halliburton Interview Questions

2.6

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Very upfront about the time commitment necessary. The position itself is essentially developed to train you in the field so you are as competent as possible. Honest and open about what you'll experience. Had two separate interviews, about 6 months apart.

Chose not to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Questions
    Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Salary was low
    Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Did not negotiate.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

I interviewed on campus and the interview was very simple. Then I went to a 2 day on site interview at the Halliburton facility. On the first day they had a presentation for the candidates to show us the general overview of everything then they took us out to eat dinner. On the second day they basically just showed the candidates the equipment on site and asked if we had any questions.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!