Halliburton

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Marketing Assistant Interview

looked over resume, asked questions about past work experience, talked about company and positions... was told about earnings and benefits.. told work schedule and when the positions starting date was. received paperwork on training and work related guides and regulations with the company.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I have completed the first interview and was asked to come back for a second. Very laid back interview, just asked what I was interested in then went into a very corporate, fill-in-the-blank type interview sheet. Other than answering the required fill-in-the-blank questions, majority of interview was conversational and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Just simple questions about myself and situational questions like "tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question

Frac Acid Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Got an initial interview offer from a campus recruiter. The interview was a couple weeks later and was followed by a university networking event. Interview was pretty straight-forward, behavioral questions about my background and situational questions, followed by a programming test and a QA session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Very thorough. They make sure they do their homework before they select you for an interview. Good grades are a must if you want to have any shot. During the interview they were very personable and asked a range of questions from relational to technical. Overall it was a very good an in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halliburton.

Class was told that a representative from halliburton was coming down to interview for intern spots. During the interview was ask many Ohms and component questions, was also asked if i knew anything about the company.

Interview Questions
    • It is important to really read the interviewing tips on their website for interns.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I was recently interviewed for the Field Engineer position in the Wireline and Perforation PSL in the Rockies Region.

Halliburton came to my university for an information session and on campus interviews. The on campus interviews were simple STAR questions with unexcited employees. After the interview, I was notified via email that I had been moved on to the second round and was asked my top location (region) and PSL choices. I was later offered a second round interview for my second PSL choice (wireline) and first location (Rockies).

With the offer came instructions for the interview, such as arrival time, method of transportation, etc. It wasn't until the day before my interview that I noted that there had been a mistake in my reservation. The email I received from HR instructed me to go to a location over an hour away from the Halliburton camp. Confused, I called HR and they informed me that a mistake had been made and they provided me with the correct hotel. I was thankful to have called them, or else I would have missed the interview due to their slip up.

The second round interview was rather unorganized as a whole. The first afternoon the other candidates and I (9 of us total) went to the camp and were given a presentation on the specifics of the PSL. We then went out to dinner and returned to the hotel with little information for the next day, besides the fact that we would be picked up at 6:30 and might go to a frack pad.

On the second day, we drove out to the frack pad after getting PPE from the camp. We arrived at the camp and looked at the wireline set up, though operations were down due to a malfunction. We left after about an hour and returned to the camp for interviews.

The interviews were again very straightforward. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. They ended up taking far longer than expected so I believe some candidates may have missed their flight out. Again, it was rather unorganized. I was driven back to the hotel after my interview, and headed home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill a customer's request while dealing with other deadlines.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Very unprofessional process, for the second round interview one of the interviewees that worked at Halliburton was a real jerk and because I did not pick his PSL he played on his phone the entire time I interviewed and was very unprofessional. Also when I said I wanted to move up to management after breaking out they chastised me and said that I needed to work in the field.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, for first round interview all behavioral based. Second round was just about position you wanted to be placed in.   Answer Question