Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Applied through school's website and got an email to schedule an interview a few weeks ago. Interview was simple. It was about 30mins. Only one person was there asking some basic behavior questions. Interviewer has engineering background but didn't ask any questions relevant to skill. He was really nice, taking notes while you were talking.

Operator Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

A day after applying I received a phone interview in which the person asked me why I would be a good fit for the type of work, asked about past job experience, and she went over general details of the work. I was given an in-person interview a few days later with management. The interview was with the department manager and with an HR representative who was on speaker phone. Questions asked were really basic interview questions. Nothing to unusual for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Not open to negotiation

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I had a 45 minute interview with standard questions they fill out in a packet. I don't think the interview was set up in a way that they could really get to know who I am. At the end, my interviewer left time for questions. They will get back to you in a quick time frame.

Applications Evaluation Specialist Interview

Interview was good. Questions were straight forward. I had the opportunity to ask my own questions and the interviewers answered my questions to the best of their ability. I felt like I also had the chance to find out from them if this was going to be a good environment for my aspirations and career growth.

Frac/Acid Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

like any huge company, slow to start .I needed to submit multiple appplications. Then after i had my interview, it was three weeks till i had heard anything back from the company.

there was none

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question