Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

Interview

This was an intense 2 days of interviewing. They are constantly watching you, in the car, at dinner, during down time.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if one of your employees had reached the top of their pay bracket but you still wanted to encourage them to do their best?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fist phone intreview.
    Second interview with manager, engineer and director. Director was very rude. I knew that i didnt get the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Interview by a 3 person panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

Better offer from another company

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview began with questions about my resume and works I have done. They asked about the very small details of my works. I was not able no remember the answers! The interview went horribly bad!

Interview Questions

• very detail questions, for instance if you solved a very important PDE equation somewhere in your work they would ask me how you intergrate e^x(-2^x), which makes no sense since I just do not remember!   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Questions

• How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

This was a group phone interview, but it was really more of an interrogation. I can't say I would want to work with these people now, so I guess it was good thing. Anything I said, they would question it derisively, from technical answers to past design decisions. Trying to explain something, I would frequently be interrupted. The whole thing was disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between c# structure and class.   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The main lobby was warm. The AC couldn't keep up while I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview. As soon as the interview started, I felt like I was in trouble. I was sent here by a recruiter to fill a temp position. I understood it to be entry level for a new graduate. However the interviewer wanted someone who had experience with pre-credits, SAP, and actually working in the general ledger. I don't have that experience yet, so after fumbling through an answer, I admitted that I expected to gain that experience through this position, not already have it.

Interview Questions

• If you had a pre-payment of $3000 for 3 years, how would you handle it on a monthly basis?   1 Answer

Management Level Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was standard including both individual and group interviews. It started with telephone interviews and then progressed to group, 1:1 and lunch interviews. While difficult, the interview was professional, probed into cultural fit and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite professional and included negotiating salary, relocation, signing bonus - payable in 3 stages, vacation days.

Technical Interview

Interview

1st Round very simple, second round tough to crack, everything related to basics of electrical engineering, only 1 or 2 people are selected from a list of 2000 candidates. So, best of luck.

Interview Questions

• everything related to basics of electrical engineering   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied through my university and was accepted into the first round. First round consist of behavioral questions, i.e. 25 minutes. Second round consist of dinner the night before to meet the interviewers, and the next day is the assessment center with two rounds of interviews followed by a 3 min presentation and group work.

Interview Questions

• You are a manager and have a top-grade employee (one of your managers reporting to you), how do you keep him/her motivated?   1 Answer