Halliburton

308 candidate interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Fist phone intreview.
Second interview with manager, engineer and director. Director was very rude. I knew that i didnt get the job.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Supply Chain Management Program

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was an intense 2 days of interviewing. They are constantly watching you, in the car, at dinner, during down time.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • what would you do if one of your employees had reached the top of their pay bracket but you still wanted to encourage them to do their best?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview by a 3 person panel.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another company

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Supply Chain Management Program
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2011.

Interview Details – If you interned in the SCMP program you get offers based off, supposedly, your performance during the summer and your final presentation.

If you don't intern and apply for the program separately, the interview process is very intense. Many 1-on-1 interviews and a couple of group interviews. You may also be asked to give a short, 10 min, presentation on any topic relating to oil field work.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The culture is the most negative culture I have witnessed.

Field Engineer Interview

Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of hydraulic fracing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work wasn't for me

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – intital phone screen, followed by data simulation and panel interview

Interview Question – alot of behavioral questions, must know excel skills   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview call from an employee referral. I was called upon for an interview on a fine day morning. There were a group of 4 members in the interview panel. One being the hiring manager and the other 3 being the team leaders. My interview lasted around one hour and lot of questions were regarding my college projects as I was a fresher then.

Interview Question – They showed me one engineering drawing of an electronics assembly and asked me to find out whether the assembly had a proper grounding on it or not, to check my proficiency in electronics. I was able to successfully answer them   Answer Question

Wireline Field Professional Interview

MacaƩ (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2011.

Interview Details – University and website recruitment

Interview Question – Math and Physics questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation to trainee offers.

Field Engineer (Summer Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and through my university’s career link. Basically, I shot in the dark and submitted a resume just like anyone else would who had no connections within Halliburton.

I had no idea I was selected to schedule an interview with Halliburton until I looked on career link! I almost missed the sign-up deadline.

I interviewed this morning, about two weeks after I submitted my application, on campus.

At the end of the interview, the guy said he wanted me. He said he did not have complete control over who got picked, but that he would tell his bosses that he wanted me to come work for him, and that nine out of ten times he got who he wanted.

Basically, I sold myself really well. I did my homework, I planned out about 10 potential questions that he could ask, tied every answer to each other answer, and tied all answers to my resume. I was ready to kill the interview, and I did.

He told me that I would hear from someone higher up the chain within three weeks on whether I would get an official offer. He told me I was only one of two people between two universities that he said he was going to recommend.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult or unexpected questions because I was very well prepared. However, I can offer the questions I was asked.

1. Tell me a little about yourself.

2. Tell me of a time when you were faced with a very complex problem, and how did you resolve it?

Again, I only had to answer these two formal questions. I basically controlled the rest of the interview.

The interview lasted the full 45 minutes we were allotted.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically, I am going to spend the 2014 summer as a Field Engineering Intern, and then get offered a full-time job when I graduate in 2015.

Cementing Interview

Odessa, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a friend with the company who suggested I apply. I applied online, called, called again, gave up. A number of weeks later I was called for an interview. Terse, very formal, strict with as little information given as possible. As my other best option had failed to call back and was all of the above, I took the job. Very strict rules applied selectively. Your someone's buddy or your not. Still a good work environment. Most coworkers friendly and cooperative. Management not friendly, flexible or inclined to note achievement or improvement. Seem to expect perfection and punish those who struggle.

Interview Question – What do you expect from this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. If you had qualifications you were given that qualifications pay rate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 308 interview reviews posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.