Halliburton

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in September 2014.

Apply through campus recruitment talk. The procedure was really fast and efficient. Took one day for them to screen CV and arrange a 1:1 interview. After the interview, they sent the A/C invitation immediately. Before A/C is the networking dinner where you get the first chance to impress the interviewers. The A/C consisted of 2 back to back interviews and a impromptu presentation. The offer came in the evening on the day of the A/C

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with people who tend to take all credit for themselves at work?   Answer Question

Length of the programme is 4 years (including 2 years bond)

Field Engineer Interview

Interview process is mainly for checking ur temperament under strenuous conditions. Interview is mainly hr and very less technical questions. Technical questions are easy. In hr they might give an situation and ask u how will u handle that situation. They try to prove ur answers wrong u have to calmly and patiently prove them hw u are right.
    Halliburton had come to our campus..so the complete process was aptitude round (maths and few questions gk time_ 15 min) gd round ( 2 topics general and technical topic) last round interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will u rate urself as an engineer?
      Why u want to join halliburton?
      Tell me about urself?

Answer Question
    Applied through campus...so there was no negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

looked over resume, asked questions about past work experience, talked about company and positions... was told about earnings and benefits.. told work schedule and when the positions starting date was. received paperwork on training and work related guides and regulations with the company.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I have completed the first interview and was asked to come back for a second. Very laid back interview, just asked what I was interested in then went into a very corporate, fill-in-the-blank type interview sheet. Other than answering the required fill-in-the-blank questions, majority of interview was conversational and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Just simple questions about myself and situational questions like "tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2014.

I submitted an online application and was called by a recruiter who set me up for an interview.There was no HR phone screen or pre-interview process. I was called for the interview about 2 weeks after submitting my resume and application. The interview was with the hiring manager and department manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions in the interview. Most were concerning my background and experience in this line of work.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

I had the first round interview on campus, after applying to the company through our college website. I was a bit surprised since I did not visit them during career fair (their line was too long).
    The first round interview was with their college recruiting HR manager. Although it was STAR questions, the interview flows more likes a conversation than Q&A style.
    I was invited to a second round interview at Houston and it was a 2 day event. The first day was not an interview, we just went there and got to know the hiring managers, got a tour of the site and had dinner with some engineers.
    The second day we had the interviews. They were hiring 2 electrical engineers for the drilling department. I had 2 interviews with 2 different team. The interview really depends on the interviewer, the first guy I had was more technical orientated, so he asked how I would design a certain circuit, asked about systemverilog, simple DSP knowledge, and basic programming skill.
    The second interviewer focused on my previous projects. He asked me to draw out the circuit of a previous design I made. He also asked about other technical aspects of old projects that I have done.

Side note: On the same day, there were also mechanical engineers interviewing for the company, they all had behavorial questions only.

Interview Questions
    • Design a switching circuit.
      Things to consider while designing commercial LED light.

Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

there are two rounds- screening interview and 1 day of assessment centre, with a networking dinner in the middle. The screening interview was simple and straight forward. The dinner gave you the opportunities to ask questions and network with employees. The assessment centre consisted of 2 interviews, group activity, and speech.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2014.

I applied through the University Career Services. A week or so after they called me for an on-campus interview. That one was pretty general. Just talk about yourself, why you want to be a Field Engineer, are you able to cope with long work hours etc... The person who interviewed me said that he would recommend me based on my answers and that I did pretty good on the interview. About a week after, I received an email instructing me to choose my top 3 locations and top 3 service lines. I chose Gulf of mexico, for I wanted to go off-shore. After that, HR got in touch with me to schedule a trip to Lafayette-LA for the second round interview. Here is where it gets tricky... There is no interview. This is a 2 day deal. First night we met at a nice restaurant with a 7-10 reps from Halliburton from their different service lines, and the other candidates. Many of the guys at my interview were new to Halliburton, 1-2 years with the company, and some had either recently break out or were close to do so. So during Dinner, just try to socialize. if you are 100% certain what service line you want, look for that rep and talk to him.. Socialize.. socialize.. that's what this is all about. If you want to play safe ask them about how many openings are in each PSL to improve your chances. I think I did the mistake of talking with the wrong people all night long.

Second day. Just meet over at their location and then sit for hours looking at the reps do presentations about the PSL they work for. Some presentations were good, others looked like they just put a whole bunch of slides together to do the presentation and get over with that. But anyways, its not you judging them. After all day off going thru presentations, you get to fill out a paper, once again, with your top 3 selection of PSLs. After that, the hiring manager from your top choice calls you into a F2F "interview" ... My interview went as follows:

"Any concerns about working for Halliburton? No, this is the job I want, I have researched about this position a lot, and I am really excited at this opportunity "

"Any problem with relocation? No, I'm 100% available for relocation or travel"

"When are you available to begin? I have my last final on Dec 15th 2014, I am available Dec 16th 2014. I'm not even attending the commencement (yes.. that's how eager I was to work with them)"

"Do you have any questions for us?" Here I asked about training schools and about some specifics about the PSL I chose

"You will hear from us within the next 2 weeks, bye."

So in short... the only advise I have for everyone doing this is, just socialize. To this date I don't know what I did wrong, my grades were good, my resume was good, have a 2 year long internship (although they didn't look at any of my transcripts nor resume during the second round). Also, you never get a chance to talk to your 2nd or 3rd choice of PSL, I don't know why they ask you about them.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question

Frac Acid Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it