Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews

337 interviews

2.6

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Started off with a comprehensive presentation on the company and its various product lines; quick, but detailed interview; specific and to the point; discussion on internship project ideas and tasks; focused on both student's and employer's expectations from the internship program

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations, especially if somebody is a fresh graduate and is looking for a head-start in the industry   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Questions
    • "Why service company and not operator? "
      Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Salary was low
    Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Questions
    Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
    Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Questions
    • They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question
    There was not any special negotiations

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Did not negotiate.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!