Halliburton

331 candidate interviews

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Question – Unfortunately no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details – It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Question – They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any special negotiations

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Interview Question – Study the company and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Technical Professional Interview

Technical Professional

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hired off from University. One round with HR. Then 2nd interview with engineering manager and team lead.
Tasked to do a presentation on projects done which could be industrial or school projects prior to the second interview. Although recently they have added both IQ and engineering drawing tests to interview nowdays

Interview Question – Most unexpected question asked is how you approached of issue.   Answer Question

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and the interview was very simple. Then I went to a 2 day on site interview at the Halliburton facility. On the first day they had a presentation for the candidates to show us the general overview of everything then they took us out to eat dinner. On the second day they basically just showed the candidates the equipment on site and asked if we had any questions.

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Burleson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2014.

Interview Details – applied online- took 2 weeks to get interview, they asked a few technical questions to gauge electrical backround. mostly just explained the job an asked if I would be able to fit the requirements what they were looking for.

Interview Question – asked questions regarding omms law and computer netwrking.   Answer Question

PF01-Operator Assistant I Interview

PF01-Operator Assistant I
Fort Hood, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Military job fair hiring event. From application to offer was 24 hours. Entry level with planned development. Wish I did this several years ago. Smoothest interview I have been through.

Interview Question – None, most questions were what I would have asked. The interviewer worked off a preprogramed interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a $3 per hour higher start due to previous work experience and education.

Associate Procurement Specialist Interview

Associate Procurement Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

Interview Details – First round is a telephone screening interview by HR. Then it is a 1:1 face to face interview by the manager. The interviewer is kind. Very basic job interview with casual conversation. No behavior based questions. Focused a lot on past experience and projects. Just one round of interview before I receive the offer.

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other better offer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview on ccampus. 2nd round interview at their research center in Houston. The usual dinner the night before and the a series of interview the second day. It was their first time doing that for their research center so it was a little unorganized and the interviewers seem a little off.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions and resume stuff.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 331 interview reviews posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.