Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Caldwell, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details – talk on the phone, meet in person where i think the hiring manager was trying to hit on me..he is a man and so am I..YUK. go through 2 week training course about safety. then get thrown to the wolves. sink or swim.

Interview Question – they dont truly ask to many hard let alone mediocre questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more than what the job search asked for, the hiring manager told me that it was to much even though i was better trained than all of the other field technician. I told him that it was to bad and ended the interview. Their HR called me the next day and hired me at the wage i requested.

Very Difficult Interview

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Supply Chain Management Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Question – How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   View Answer

Category Specialist Interview

Category Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by in person interview with manager and 2 other members of department. It was basic behavioral interview with a focus on time management and people skills. There were also specific contract review questions.

Interview Question – Did I think I was capable of focusing on the commercial aspects of the job?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional
Kingsville, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Halliburton was doing campus recruiting. They interviewed several students. Only a few got 2nd interviews. They were flown to Odessa for a two day, see how everything works tour. Interviews were conducted and offer letters sent by email a month or so later. Recieved $10,000 bonus that is received $5000 initially, $2000 after some training and another $3000 later.

Interview Question – Pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Sn Account Representative Interview

Sn Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview began with questions about my resume and works I have done. They asked about the very small details of my works. I was not able no remember the answers! The interview went horribly bad!

Interview Question – very detail questions, for instance if you solved a very important PDE equation somewhere in your work they would ask me how you intergrate e^x(-2^x), which makes no sense since I just do not remember!   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Field Engineer Intern
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to college recruiter and got a interview phone screen call from the engineer manager explaining what I'm getting myself into. Didn't hear from him again for 3 weeks and got a call to come in for in-person interview. Interview went well and it's mainly more of explaining what the job is. I didn't hear from Halliburton for another month and got an email with the offer letter.

Interview Question – What makes you want to apply in this field?
Why should I hire you?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate. They are dead set on the hourly rates for interns and the salaries for the entry level engineers.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview at my college campus followed by a second round interview in Odessa. The representatives were extremely nice and helpful. The whole thing was extremely laid back and didn't feel like an interview at all.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Drilling Consultant I Interview

Drilling Consultant I
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – For this position, I was referred by an employee and former colleague. I corresponded with the hiring manager only during the interview and during subsequent conversations involving an extension of an offer and my acceptance. The reason for the lengthy duration of the entire hiring process was due to scheduling problems in also interviewing with the client that had particular interest in using me as a resource.

I performed only one panel interview, in which I presented my past work, most desirable skills, and knowledge of Halliburton Consulting. The presentation subject outline was given to me before the interview, with little time to deviate at all. I would not suggest deviating anyways.

The presentation was followed by a questioning period, which was performed predominantly by the 7 or so panelists involved in the interview. The hiring manager offered a solid summary of Halliburton Consulting's outlook and operational processes, which can be found on their website (I was quizzed briefly about one of these processes, in fact).

Overall, the interview was enjoyable (save the question portion). Everyone was professional, encouraging, and acknowledged any difficult questions with a bit of humor, which was much appreciated. The final question - asked by the hiring manager - was the standard "Is there any reason why you would not accept this job if the offer was extended?" question.

Interview Question – How would you persuade an unconvinced Principal Drilling Engineer (a client) with two decades more experience than you to listen to a single input you make as a consultant and place you on his team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I think it is always best to negotiate salary, but do not expect to get much more than the initial offer. I had a competing offer of a much higher value from another company, but was not offered any additional increase in salary by Halliburton Consulting upon signing with them. To be fair, a month later, Halliburton Consulting decided to go ahead and honor the higher salary offer, after I had already signed with their smaller initial offer. I do not know if this is internal policy or if this was given to me specially for reasons unknown to me, but it was a nice surprise regardless.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

Interview Details – Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern Interview

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern
Conroe, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had 1 phone detailed phone interview regarding my coursework related to my major - Economics. It was 40 minutes long. I was detailed about my projects in my courses in the past and present which were related to the position. Since it was a financial analysis background, i specified more about statistical analysis classes and their related projects. I was asked about my involvement on campus and I mentioned the student organizations I have been a part of. I had worked on-campus as an office assistant and in an insurance agency in the past. Even though these 2 office environments where not similar to the above position, I formed the answers suitable for it.

Interview Question – What were the projects you handled in Econometrics and Forecasting class? How did they enhance your analysis skill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation