Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.6

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I had a 45 minute interview with standard questions they fill out in a packet. I don't think the interview was set up in a way that they could really get to know who I am. At the end, my interviewer left time for questions. They will get back to you in a quick time frame.

Applications Evaluation Specialist Interview

Interview was good. Questions were straight forward. I had the opportunity to ask my own questions and the interviewers answered my questions to the best of their ability. I felt like I also had the chance to find out from them if this was going to be a good environment for my aspirations and career growth.

Frac/Acid Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

like any huge company, slow to start .I needed to submit multiple appplications. Then after i had my interview, it was three weeks till i had heard anything back from the company.

there was none

Frac Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

Applied online through gohalliburton.com, after two weeks I received an email invite to a hiring / information session. The event was held at a hotel. The session started at 8:00 am. Prior to the presentation I was required to fill out a questionnaire. The questionnaire was much like a job application ( ie work history, prior field experience if any, criminal background any felonies ect).there were a lot of people there approximately 150 people Enough to fill three different presentations. Once the presentation was over they had everyone file into a waiting room, then one by one called people in for one on one interviews. My interview only lasted about five minutes. My interviewer was a woman, she was some sort of supervisor. She went through my work history on my resume and asked me if I was ok with working in the elements and being away from home for long periods of time. I guess she liked my answers and then told me what I would be making per hour and then told me congratulations and welcome to Halliburton. She returned to me my original questionnaire with my hourly wage written at the top and had me deliver that to two ladies I assume to be hr hiring ladies. They had me sign an acceptance letter then gave me my pre hire instructions. ( ie. Drug test physical and to go get my CDL permit) Over all it took about 6 hours. I am truly excited I really didn't expect to get hired out of so many applicants. Some tips I have.
    Dress attire- buisness casual. Not over dressed. Def. no suit and tie.
    Show up early! I noticed the people who showed up early were the most that were hired!
    Make sure you have a resume!

Interview Questions
    • pre presentation questionair

Previous work related. Describe an experience using safety equipment.

Have you ever work with dangerous machinery or hazardous chemicals?

What actions would you take if you noticed a fellow employee exhibiting unsafe work behavior
        Answer Question
    No negotiation ( entry level position )

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

A recruiter contacted me directly after looking my profile on LikedIn and asked me if I was interested to be interviewed for a Electrical Engineer position. 1 week later I got a phone call interview from one of the managers. The interview was straight forward basically STARS questions. One month later a human resource person contacted me to schedule a on site interviewed. I didn't get any specific information from her about the flight/hotel. After one week, I got a schedule from a travel agency with all the arrangements. I was not informed about the time of the interview/address anything. I e-mailed the person a few times and did no hear anything back. Finally I contacted the first recruiter who was able to contact the manager who interviewed me and set the time for the interview. At the company I was interviewed by 5 different people, basically behavior questions. The managers took me to lunch and they looked pretty interested in my profile. They showed me city and the main manager started to talk me about the benefits and everything. I was confident that they would give me a offer but one week later the recruiter said that they will not move forward with my application. It was very strange I asked for a interview feedback and I never get a response. Also, they sent me a reimbursement form for meals wich I returned and never got anything back. It seems a very disorganized company with no reliable people. Most of the people are working there forever and the majority it is the first job that they are working over 30 years. They really don't care about anything. If you want to go for an interview as a experience is nice but don't create expectations because they are nuts!

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

Initiated through campus career center, first interview was 45 minutes long. Behavioral questions, mainly. Interviewer stressed that main job openings were in field (onshore and offshore duties). One on one. Interviewer was really laid back and very forthcoming with answers to all questions I presented him. Discussion of typical duties that a new engineer might encounter working for Halliburton. Interviewer also explained some of the different factions of Halliburton and what his specific job entailed.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't