Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by a phone interview and then panel interview. The interviews were very conversational and the people on the panel were very friendly. The process was very comfortable. Many of the questions focused on experiences listed on my resume. I was impressed with the interviewers and will continue my quest to work there.

Interview Questions

• Name the contract clause that your wrote that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

I T Technician Interview

Interview

First was a thirty minute phone interview with a manager that became a 45 minute interview.
    When they invited me to their workplace I spoke to a manager and his manager and both were cordial.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with apple products.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Had an interview on campus, then took about four weeks for the second interview in Duncan, OK. Did not have chance to interview face to face with any supervisors, had a tour of the site. I was bummed out when they told me the selected region was full. Hopefully I get another chance at a different region that is needing people.

Interview Questions

• Reps gave a brief lecture on Halliburton. Like every other second interview..socialize!!   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview is at your college to screen you for personality type, gpa, and other apparent first perceptions of yourself. The second interview comes after you pass the first one and they will host you at your expected location (typically Oklahoma). The second interview is two days, the first day is an introduction into the company and your job roles (then you will eat at Trappers). The second day is showing you the facilities (which are awesome) and then an interview at the end with more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Not too hard of an interview, please don't be THAT engineer that doesn't have a personality. Just be likable.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I applied through Halliburton's website and got a phone call several weeks later. I had a first-round phone interview with a recruiting specialist and 2 field engineers. The format followed a basic structure of some easy technical screening questions, a summary and explanation of the responsibilities and opportunities of the position, and an interview involving typical behavioral/STAR based questions. I expected more technical questions, to be honest, but was pleased by the informal and laidback nature of the interview.

I have not heard back yet but think I did well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an ambiguous situation in one of your professional experiences.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Very informative and surprisingly trustworthy. Flew to Denver all expenses paid. Two round interview. It went very well. The second interview was question answer and it was best to show enthusiasm and be very excited.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the most important fracturing additive? Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Great interview in Mid-Con region. Were taken on tour through various warehouses and got to see the equipment and history of the company. The second interview was more of a group discussion of the company and the way that they contribute to the market. I met great people.

Interview Questions

Interview

not bad was hard but managed. very nice outgoing people and are very professional but they are very serious. don't have a huge sense of humor. I was pleased by how they treated me and all went very smooth even though I didn't get an offer here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Started with on campus interviewing. Then I had got an invitation to go tour a facility and commence 2nd round interviewing. They said it would be a couple weeks before I hear back however it has been 6 weeks and I still have not heard back. Everyone was absolutely fantastic and their hospitality is satisfactory. From my view, Halliburton appeared to be a company I want to be apart of. I was indeed inspired from that tour to enroll in a Concurrent Design class in order to better prepare myself for such a place. Overall, great experience and I do see myself fitting in however I am not so sure about this dramatic waiting period for a job offer that is taking much longer than they had informed me of.

Interview Questions

• All of the behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Non-Field College Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I was phone interviewed by two managers in the signal processing group at Halliburton for my summer internship and we talked about 30 minutes on phone. It was a super technical interview. I was asked lots questions in digital signal processing. They ended up saying that I had to wait for a month before they made a decision.