Halliburton

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.6

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through Halliburton's website and got a phone call several weeks later. I had a first-round phone interview with a recruiting specialist and 2 field engineers. The format followed a basic structure of some easy technical screening questions, a summary and explanation of the responsibilities and opportunities of the position, and an interview involving typical behavioral/STAR based questions. I expected more technical questions, to be honest, but was pleased by the informal and laidback nature of the interview.

I have not heard back yet but think I did well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an ambiguous situation in one of your professional experiences.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Very informative and surprisingly trustworthy. Flew to Denver all expenses paid. Two round interview. It went very well. The second interview was question answer and it was best to show enthusiasm and be very excited.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what was the most important fracturing additive? Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Great interview in Mid-Con region. Were taken on tour through various warehouses and got to see the equipment and history of the company. The second interview was more of a group discussion of the company and the way that they contribute to the market. I met great people.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

not bad was hard but managed. very nice outgoing people and are very professional but they are very serious. don't have a huge sense of humor. I was pleased by how they treated me and all went very smooth even though I didn't get an offer here.

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Started with on campus interviewing. Then I had got an invitation to go tour a facility and commence 2nd round interviewing. They said it would be a couple weeks before I hear back however it has been 6 weeks and I still have not heard back. Everyone was absolutely fantastic and their hospitality is satisfactory. From my view, Halliburton appeared to be a company I want to be apart of. I was indeed inspired from that tour to enroll in a Concurrent Design class in order to better prepare myself for such a place. Overall, great experience and I do see myself fitting in however I am not so sure about this dramatic waiting period for a job offer that is taking much longer than they had informed me of.

Non-Field College Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2015.

I was phone interviewed by two managers in the signal processing group at Halliburton for my summer internship and we talked about 30 minutes on phone. It was a super technical interview. I was asked lots questions in digital signal processing. They ended up saying that I had to wait for a month before they made a decision.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2015.

Had an initial interview on campus with one of the engineers are Halliburton. The interview was easy, they asked a lot of behavioral questions and have a set template they wanted to me to answer it. Discuss the situation, What did you do about it, What did it result in. For the 2nd round interview I went on a site visit. There was a group of 10-12 people with me on the same trip. They showed us the service lines available and a tour of the yard. After that, the had 1 on 1 interviews with 2 of the managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a bad decision? Tell me about a time you made a good decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2015.

It began on campus through an online application where I then received an email a few days later stating I was invited to the on campus interview. The first interview was easy and was purely behavioral. I just stated I was drawn to working on the field and so on on. Then I got invited to the second round interview in the Rocky Region. There it was two days where we met in the hotel lobby around 3pm and met some of the employees and had a presentation followed by some group questions. We then went to dinner afterwards. The next day was a tour of the facilities. Unfortunately, during the time of my interview and the drop in gas prices, I did not receive an offer due to a hiring freeze. They claimed they were still interested but we will see.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain all the pressures that would be associated with the bottom hole pressure. How many golfballs could fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

1st Interview - Talked to the recruiter at College and was set up for an interview a week later. Easy interview with a lot of behavioral questions and detailed questions about my resume.
    2nd Interview - Received a phone call to attend about 2 weeks later in Colorado. Went through a slide presentation explaining what Halliburton does and the benefits the first night with dinner with current young employees. The next day, we took tours of several facilities as they explained many things however with the large group it gets hard to hear everything, make sure you are in front and asking questions they like that.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding how to measure pressure and going over all the technical questions from the tour.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through university recruiting and was interviewed at the university along with about 10-15 other candidates that day. Was given an offer for a second interview within a week and now waiting for the site visit (second interview)

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were generally about previous difficult situations, customer service, team oriented projects/activities, etc.   Answer Question
    Still in process of accepting the job (site visit). Will follow up if possible.