Halliburton

Average Difficulty
333 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Interview Question – describe a team problem and how do you managed it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Field Engineer - Wireline

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

Field Engineer - Cased Hole

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – 1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

Interview Details – My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional
Duncan, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
  Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional

Interview Details – Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Question – What is the unit weight of cement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of hydraulic fracing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Operator Assistant I
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online via the Halliburton hiring web site.
Explained background and experience, I had no oil field experience at the time but I was a military veteran and familiar with hard work and heavy equipment as well as safety protocols.
The interview process was easy, they like to hire in groups to accomodate their training schedules.
The questions in the interview covered previous work experience and how it related to the field.
I had no Class-A license or prior oil field experience, Halliburton likes to hire and train.
An experienced pump operator or supervisor will have more task specific questions.

Interview Question – All of the questions were fairly standard and nothing came as a surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Their starting pay is set by corporate for the entry level positions.