Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rock Springs, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duncan, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Questions
    • The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
        Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Really simple, straight to facts and immediate process of hiring, company pay for all expenses related to interview. It wasn't more than 30 min, when I accept the offer, Odessa TX has a lot of opportunities

Technology Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

The first interview is 45 mins behavior interview.
    The second is phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have unexpected situation in your project, and how do you handle.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

The internship process consisted of a information session at night followed by an interview the next day. The interview consisted of three engineers, varying in age and gender. The interview was a standard personality/character interview. They also asked about what specific field of theirs you would like to go in and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to do something that not everyone agreed with.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Got chosen for an on campus interview after talking with the Halliburton representatives at the information session they put on. The interview was not difficult. They started the interview with informal small talk and their nature was very good willed. The interview then proceeded into a series of behavioral questions that were not difficult for any well rounded engineering student to answer using school or work experience. About a week after the interview I got an email saying that I was selected for the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did to satisfy a customer? When have you used a trick to make something easier?   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

I have applied through the company's website.I have got a call from them after 5 weeks.A phone interview was scheduled for me.The interviewer has told me about the company and the work they do.Then i was asked to tell me about myself and my background.He was interested in my research work in parallel computing and asked to elaborate more on it.then i was asked to explain any other projects which i have done in the past.He asked me to rate myself for 10 points in several programming languages such java,c# and c++.

He had also asked some technical questions such as difference between base class and interface in java,time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.

Interview Questions
    • time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.   View Answer