Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I applied through Halliburton's website and got a phone call several weeks later. I had a first-round phone interview with a recruiting specialist and 2 field engineers. The format followed a basic structure of some easy technical screening questions, a summary and explanation of the responsibilities and opportunities of the position, and an interview involving typical behavioral/STAR based questions. I expected more technical questions, to be honest, but was pleased by the informal and laidback nature of the interview. I have not heard back yet but think I did well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an ambiguous situation in one of your professional experiences.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview is at your college to screen you for personality type, gpa, and other apparent first perceptions of yourself. The second interview comes after you pass the first one and they will host you at your expected location (typically Oklahoma). The second interview is two days, the first day is an introduction into the company and your job roles (then you will eat at Trappers). The second day is showing you the facilities (which are awesome) and then an interview at the end with more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Not too hard of an interview, please don't be THAT engineer that doesn't have a personality. Just be likable.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Very informative and surprisingly trustworthy. Flew to Denver all expenses paid. Two round interview. It went very well. The second interview was question answer and it was best to show enthusiasm and be very excited.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the most important fracturing additive? Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Great interview in Mid-Con region. Were taken on tour through various warehouses and got to see the equipment and history of the company. The second interview was more of a group discussion of the company and the way that they contribute to the market. I met great people.

Interview Questions

Interview

not bad was hard but managed. very nice outgoing people and are very professional but they are very serious. don't have a huge sense of humor. I was pleased by how they treated me and all went very smooth even though I didn't get an offer here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Started with on campus interviewing. Then I had got an invitation to go tour a facility and commence 2nd round interviewing. They said it would be a couple weeks before I hear back however it has been 6 weeks and I still have not heard back. Everyone was absolutely fantastic and their hospitality is satisfactory. From my view, Halliburton appeared to be a company I want to be apart of. I was indeed inspired from that tour to enroll in a Concurrent Design class in order to better prepare myself for such a place. Overall, great experience and I do see myself fitting in however I am not so sure about this dramatic waiting period for a job offer that is taking much longer than they had informed me of.

Interview Questions

• All of the behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed at a conference. Got a call for 2nd interview in 2 weeks. Flew to location. Interview went really well. They are looking for people who have engineering background and can work on the rigs

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work during Christmas and New Years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Non-Field College Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I was phone interviewed by two managers in the signal processing group at Halliburton for my summer internship and we talked about 30 minutes on phone. It was a super technical interview. I was asked lots questions in digital signal processing. They ended up saying that I had to wait for a month before they made a decision.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

It began on campus through an online application where I then received an email a few days later stating I was invited to the on campus interview. The first interview was easy and was purely behavioral. I just stated I was drawn to working on the field and so on on. Then I got invited to the second round interview in the Rocky Region. There it was two days where we met in the hotel lobby around 3pm and met some of the employees and had a presentation followed by some group questions. We then went to dinner afterwards. The next day was a tour of the facilities. Unfortunately, during the time of my interview and the drop in gas prices, I did not receive an offer due to a hiring freeze. They claimed they were still interested but we will see.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain all the pressures that would be associated with the bottom hole pressure. How many golfballs could fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Really positive and laid back interview. This was a great experience that gave a true and honest insight into the work as a Field Engineer with Halliburton. Overall a great interview process. I was impressed by how personal the interview felt.