Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

I had 1 phone detailed phone interview regarding my coursework related to my major - Economics. It was 40 minutes long. I was detailed about my projects in my courses in the past and present which were related to the position. Since it was a financial analysis background, i specified more about statistical analysis classes and their related projects. I was asked about my involvement on campus and I mentioned the student organizations I have been a part of. I had worked on-campus as an office assistant and in an insurance agency in the past. Even though these 2 office environments where not similar to the above position, I formed the answers suitable for it.

Interview Questions
    • What were the projects you handled in Econometrics and Forecasting class? How did they enhance your analysis skill?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Homer City, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Homer City, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Field Engineer Interview

apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    2 weeks negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duncan, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Questions
    • The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
        Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

On Campus Interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
      Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
      How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
        Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bossier City, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Very laid back and informal yet I didn't have a problem with my supervisor back then.

Interview Questions
    They told me how much I was going to make and I was ok with it.