Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Entry Level Field Engineer
Homer City, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details – The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Landmark Intern Interview

Landmark Intern
Huston, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – There are three sections, from different department. One of them is production.

Interview Question – One of interviewer want me to list five products they have, I only remember two of them.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details – apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Interview Question – describe a team problem and how do you managed it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Field Engineer - Wireline

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

Field Engineer - Cased Hole

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – 1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

Interview Details – My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional
Duncan, OK

Interview Details – The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
  Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional

Interview Details – Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Question – What is the unit weight of cement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of hydraulic fracing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work wasn't for me