Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

1st Interview - Talked to the recruiter at College and was set up for an interview a week later. Easy interview with a lot of behavioral questions and detailed questions about my resume.
    2nd Interview - Received a phone call to attend about 2 weeks later in Colorado. Went through a slide presentation explaining what Halliburton does and the benefits the first night with dinner with current young employees. The next day, we took tours of several facilities as they explained many things however with the large group it gets hard to hear everything, make sure you are in front and asking questions they like that.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding how to measure pressure and going over all the technical questions from the tour.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through university recruiting and was interviewed at the university along with about 10-15 other candidates that day. Was given an offer for a second interview within a week and now waiting for the site visit (second interview)

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were generally about previous difficult situations, customer service, team oriented projects/activities, etc.   Answer Question
    Still in process of accepting the job (site visit). Will follow up if possible.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Day one was a dinner with a few personnel which was pretty laid back. We drank, ate, and talk just to get to know one another. Day two involve a lengthy presentation of each product line that was hiring at the time. This lasted all morning and until after lunch. Once the presentation were done, the individual interviews started which were pretty relaxed and not too formal.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

first did interview on campus. then we got an email after couple weeks for second round interview . we went to site for two days. took tour of site with different managers. it started at 7 in the morning. the managers talked about company and work thru power point. after that we went to field to see different PSL and got to know about it . it was a long day and unfortunately it was very cold that day too. at the end of day we had exit interview . we were asked few questions from the resume. overall it was a good experience meeting new people and getting to know about the industries.

Marketing Assistant Interview

looked over resume, asked questions about past work experience, talked about company and positions... was told about earnings and benefits.. told work schedule and when the positions starting date was. received paperwork on training and work related guides and regulations with the company.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I have completed the first interview and was asked to come back for a second. Very laid back interview, just asked what I was interested in then went into a very corporate, fill-in-the-blank type interview sheet. Other than answering the required fill-in-the-blank questions, majority of interview was conversational and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Just simple questions about myself and situational questions like "tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question

Bulk Material Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in December 2014.

I initially went to the job fair held in Yukon Ok. Drove all the way from Texas the hiring managers where straight forward in questions regarding my previous work place and employment history. Asked about what I had known about the company I studied for that test :) and was just my self throughout the whole process. That's what I think they really look at is how you respond under pressure. Don't think just be honest and truthful.

Interview Questions
    • have you had any problems with your previous employers.
      what do you know about Halliburton

Answer Question
    It is a VERY LENGTHY PRECESS. I didn't do much negotiating I felt they pay they offerd was fair.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in December 2014.

Two interviews. First was a one on one interview with a employee who was performing the same job I would be doing. Second interview Halliburton brought me out to one of their locations for two days, gave me a tour of the facility, a detail info session about the company and what it is like to work for them, then a quick exit interview. Overall a fun and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a couple of technical questions in my exit interview that were conceptually hard to answer. I believe they just mainly wanted to hear my thought process as I reasoned through the problems.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the first year on the job is all training, so they have a very set first year salary. They allow for re-negotiation to occur once training is finished.

Frac Acid Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it