Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate
Bossier City, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Very laid back and informal yet I didn't have a problem with my supervisor back then.

Interview Question – didn't have any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me how much I was going to make and I was ok with it.

Technology Engineer Interview

Technology Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – The first interview is 45 mins behavior interview.
The second is phone interview

Interview Question – Name a time you have unexpected situation in your project, and how do you handle.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Technology Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

Interview Details – I have applied through the company's website.I have got a call from them after 5 weeks.A phone interview was scheduled for me.The interviewer has told me about the company and the work they do.Then i was asked to tell me about myself and my background.He was interested in my research work in parallel computing and asked to elaborate more on it.then i was asked to explain any other projects which i have done in the past.He asked me to rate myself for 10 points in several programming languages such java,c# and c++.

He had also asked some technical questions such as difference between base class and interface in java,time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.

Interview Question – time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.   View Answer

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Field Engineer Intern
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – The internship process consisted of a information session at night followed by an interview the next day. The interview consisted of three engineers, varying in age and gender. The interview was a standard personality/character interview. They also asked about what specific field of theirs you would like to go in and why.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to do something that not everyone agreed with.   Answer Question

Field Engineer

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just be yourself   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Intern Interview

Petroleum Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process was one, one on one interview. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral. The interviewer did not pay much attention to my resume or my previous experience. None of the questions were too difficult if you come prepared with answers to basic behavioral questions such as a difficult time working in a group, time you had to meet a short deadline etc.

Interview Question – What decision have you made that you regret?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Got chosen for an on campus interview after talking with the Halliburton representatives at the information session they put on. The interview was not difficult. They started the interview with informal small talk and their nature was very good willed. The interview then proceeded into a series of behavioral questions that were not difficult for any well rounded engineering student to answer using school or work experience. About a week after the interview I got an email saying that I was selected for the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was something you did to satisfy a customer? When have you used a trick to make something easier?   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Operator Assistant I
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – My initial communications was filling out the online application for entry level positions. Iam changing careers and have no oil /gas experience. I do have a BS degree in Management. A recruiter called and I gave her the best 30 seconds of why Halliburton needed to hire me. She told me of a career fair they were having the next week. I told her I would see her there (500 miles away). The recruiter sent me a power point presentation. Do as much research on company website, news articles. The first question is What do you know about Halliburton? They aren't looking for degrees they are looking for hard workers they can train. Tie your past experience into the expectations and job functions. My interveiw was over an hour, most other interviews were sub 25 minutes. The format was loose but information packed. Research the position and fracking processes.

Interview Question – What do you know about Fracking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The wage rate was not negotiated as it was stated in the presentation.

Interview Details – Campus Interview through campus recruiter

Interview Question – All typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist/Chemist Interview

Senior Scientist/Chemist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – I interviewed through an on campus recruitment event. Many people from my university got initial behavioral interview on campus, and was promised an interview on site. The entire process was very unorganized. Many were never brought down for an interview, and of those that did, only one actually heard anything back even after emails asking for updates. I did get called down to participate in a group interview, but it wasn't until after the second day that they told me that it was an accident that I was brought down for the group session since I was a PhD chemist and needed to do a presentation of my research. We were also supposed to be reimbursed for the mileage and cost of going down there. They payed for the flight, but I have never received reimbursement for the mileage driving around and taxi services. Overall it was a complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Even after I got on site, I was still asked behavioral type questions. While that was unexpected, it was not difficult.   Answer Question