Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Day one was a dinner with a few personnel which was pretty laid back. We drank, ate, and talk just to get to know one another. Day two involve a lengthy presentation of each product line that was hiring at the time. This lasted all morning and until after lunch. Once the presentation were done, the individual interviews started which were pretty relaxed and not too formal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

first did interview on campus. then we got an email after couple weeks for second round interview . we went to site for two days. took tour of site with different managers. it started at 7 in the morning. the managers talked about company and work thru power point. after that we went to field to see different PSL and got to know about it . it was a long day and unfortunately it was very cold that day too. at the end of day we had exit interview . we were asked few questions from the resume. overall it was a good experience meeting new people and getting to know about the industries.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

looked over resume, asked questions about past work experience, talked about company and positions... was told about earnings and benefits.. told work schedule and when the positions starting date was. received paperwork on training and work related guides and regulations with the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

I have completed the first interview and was asked to come back for a second. Very laid back interview, just asked what I was interested in then went into a very corporate, fill-in-the-blank type interview sheet. Other than answering the required fill-in-the-blank questions, majority of interview was conversational and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult. Just simple questions about myself and situational questions like "tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions

• All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton in December 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First was a one on one interview with a employee who was performing the same job I would be doing. Second interview Halliburton brought me out to one of their locations for two days, gave me a tour of the facility, a detail info session about the company and what it is like to work for them, then a quick exit interview. Overall a fun and easy process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a couple of technical questions in my exit interview that were conceptually hard to answer. I believe they just mainly wanted to hear my thought process as I reasoned through the problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the first year on the job is all training, so they have a very set first year salary. They allow for re-negotiation to occur once training is finished.

Bulk Material Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Yukon, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

I initially went to the job fair held in Yukon Ok. Drove all the way from Texas the hiring managers where straight forward in questions regarding my previous work place and employment history. Asked about what I had known about the company I studied for that test :) and was just my self throughout the whole process. That's what I think they really look at is how you respond under pressure. Don't think just be honest and truthful.

Interview Questions

• have you had any problems with your previous employers.
      what do you know about Halliburton

Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a VERY LENGTHY PRECESS. I didn't do much negotiating I felt they pay they offerd was fair.

Frac Acid Interview

Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Class was told that a representative from halliburton was coming down to interview for intern spots. During the interview was ask many Ohms and component questions, was also asked if i knew anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• It is important to really read the interviewing tips on their website for interns.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question