Halliburton Interview Questions

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duncan, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Questions
    • The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

On Campus Interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions:

What is a problem you had to ask many people about to solve?
      Name an instance where someone told you you where doing your job wrong?
      How do you preform under sleep deprivation?
        Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bossier City, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Very laid back and informal yet I didn't have a problem with my supervisor back then.

Interview Questions
    They told me how much I was going to make and I was ok with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rock Springs, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Very long interview process. Started at 2AM with a drive to the drill site and an interview at 10AM

The work wasn't for me

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online through my university's career website. I received an email confirming that I was accepted for first round of interviews about a week later. I interviewed on campus in a one on one interview. The interview started out sort of casual with the interviewer asking things like how many classes I had that day and then started asking about my resume. The rest of the interview was from a sheet of scripted questions about how I would handle myself in different situations or how I've handled past situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent situation where you used critical thinking and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2011.

Applied online via the Halliburton hiring web site.
    Explained background and experience, I had no oil field experience at the time but I was a military veteran and familiar with hard work and heavy equipment as well as safety protocols.
    The interview process was easy, they like to hire in groups to accomodate their training schedules.
    The questions in the interview covered previous work experience and how it related to the field.
    I had no Class-A license or prior oil field experience, Halliburton likes to hire and train.
    An experienced pump operator or supervisor will have more task specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly standard and nothing came as a surprise.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Their starting pay is set by corporate for the entry level positions.

Technology Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

The first interview is 45 mins behavior interview.
    The second is phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have unexpected situation in your project, and how do you handle.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

I have applied through the company's website.I have got a call from them after 5 weeks.A phone interview was scheduled for me.The interviewer has told me about the company and the work they do.Then i was asked to tell me about myself and my background.He was interested in my research work in parallel computing and asked to elaborate more on it.then i was asked to explain any other projects which i have done in the past.He asked me to rate myself for 10 points in several programming languages such java,c# and c++.

He had also asked some technical questions such as difference between base class and interface in java,time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.

Interview Questions
    • time complexity for finding an element in binary search tree.   View Answer

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

The internship process consisted of a information session at night followed by an interview the next day. The interview consisted of three engineers, varying in age and gender. The interview was a standard personality/character interview. They also asked about what specific field of theirs you would like to go in and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to do something that not everyone agreed with.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.