Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Frac/Acid Operator Assistant Interview

Frac/Acid Operator Assistant
Casper, WY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and two days later got a call from local hiring manager to come in for an interview. I was free so I interviewed that same afternoon. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview. Very safety orientated company. Safety was stressed in the interview. Wanted to make sure I could handle the hours (80-100 hours a week). 2 weeks on and 1 week off no pay. They are putting me through CDL hazmat training.

Interview Question – How have you handled a situation when you were asked to do something you felt was unsafe. Also, where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired?   View Answer

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a tour for the first night, and three 1-on-1 interviews in the second morning. Mostly went though the resume. Been asked several technical questions regarding digital electronics, analog electronics and dsp. Questions are not easy.

Interview Question – Using two diodes to build an AND gate.   Answer Question

MWD Field Engineer Interview

MWD Field Engineer
Casper, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through university recruiting. Made it through the first round of interviews, and then went up to Casper, WY a few weeks later for a 2nd interview. First interview was relatively easy behavioral questions. Second interview was about the same, except the interviewers were trying to intimidate everyone.

Interview Question – Only difficult part was the fact that when everyone arrived, we were supposed to be given a presentation etc. but went straight into interviewing. That left most people unprepared.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – First heard of position in career fair. Was interviewed for the first round - mostly HR, questions similar to the ones posted in this page. Made it to the second round. Even got a couple of emails about location preferences. Never heard for a couple of months before a call out of the blue to schedule a second round phone interview. Someone from r&d - discussed about my resume and got rejected two days later. Some of my friends went through the same motions and didn't even hear back about their applications. Rest in peace.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a compromise   Answer Question

Operator Assistant - Frac Interview

Operator Assistant - Frac
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Went to hiring event for them. Went by fast and they were looking for guys to work for them asap. Listened to their information session for 15-20 mins and they then selected who they wanted to interview. I respectfully declined the postion after hearing that they told me that they expected employees to work 80+ hours each week.

Interview Question – One of the most basic interiview ive had. They asked very basic questions. What was your best accomplishment?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details – Got a first interview on campus. Flew out to their main office in Colorado a month after for a a second interview. Second interview was 2 days long. There were at least 10 other candidates there. They did a presentation about the company, and took us on a tour of their facilities. It didn't feel like an interview, and felt very informal. However, I felt like they were observing us the whole time (seeing how we interact, asked questions, etc.). There was one-on-one exit interview, asking what locations and product lines interested me. They also asked questions about what they presented, and what they showed at the facilities. So pay attention the whole time!

Interview Question – Name a good/bad decision that you have made recently. Why?   Answer Question

Senior Production Group Leader Interview

Senior Production Group Leader
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2013.

Interview Details – A phone, trip to Houston, Tx. Met with entire manufacturing management team (Quality, Safety, Engineering, CI).

Interview Question – None. I prepare for these types of interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company gave me exactly what I was asking.

Cement Engineer Interview

Cement Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details – Laid back interview process, just a presentation with emphasis on field work, very forthcoming about benefits and base pay. Visited Duncan facility and frac yard, the food was great and the hiring managers were really nice to everyone.

Interview Question – Direction of maximum stress in the borehole.   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview Details – The manager is friendly and asked every question basically based on my resume. So be prepared.

Interview Question – Whether I am prepared to go to work in Singapore   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position is in Singapore

Very Easy Interview

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Grand Junction, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a 1/2 hour interview, started training following Monday

Interview Question – Do you understand the physical demands of the job?   View Answer