Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied through my university's career center website. I received an offer to interview a couple of weeks later. The questions were very straight forward nothing technical or complicated.

Petroleum Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

The process was one, one on one interview. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral. The interviewer did not pay much attention to my resume or my previous experience. None of the questions were too difficult if you come prepared with answers to basic behavioral questions such as a difficult time working in a group, time you had to meet a short deadline etc.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Got chosen for an on campus interview after talking with the Halliburton representatives at the information session they put on. The interview was not difficult. They started the interview with informal small talk and their nature was very good willed. The interview then proceeded into a series of behavioral questions that were not difficult for any well rounded engineering student to answer using school or work experience. About a week after the interview I got an email saying that I was selected for the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you did to satisfy a customer? When have you used a trick to make something easier?   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

My initial communications was filling out the online application for entry level positions. Iam changing careers and have no oil /gas experience. I do have a BS degree in Management. A recruiter called and I gave her the best 30 seconds of why Halliburton needed to hire me. She told me of a career fair they were having the next week. I told her I would see her there (500 miles away). The recruiter sent me a power point presentation. Do as much research on company website, news articles. The first question is What do you know about Halliburton? They aren't looking for degrees they are looking for hard workers they can train. Tie your past experience into the expectations and job functions. My interveiw was over an hour, most other interviews were sub 25 minutes. The format was loose but information packed. Research the position and fracking processes.

Interview Questions
    The wage rate was not negotiated as it was stated in the presentation.

Campus Interview through campus recruiter

Senior Scientist/Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

I interviewed through an on campus recruitment event. Many people from my university got initial behavioral interview on campus, and was promised an interview on site. The entire process was very unorganized. Many were never brought down for an interview, and of those that did, only one actually heard anything back even after emails asking for updates. I did get called down to participate in a group interview, but it wasn't until after the second day that they told me that it was an accident that I was brought down for the group session since I was a PhD chemist and needed to do a presentation of my research. We were also supposed to be reimbursed for the mileage and cost of going down there. They payed for the flight, but I have never received reimbursement for the mileage driving around and taxi services. Overall it was a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Even after I got on site, I was still asked behavioral type questions. While that was unexpected, it was not difficult.   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Had a tour for the first night, and three 1-on-1 interviews in the second morning. Mostly went though the resume. Been asked several technical questions regarding digital electronics, analog electronics and dsp. Questions are not easy.

Frac/Acid Operator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Applied online and two days later got a call from local hiring manager to come in for an interview. I was free so I interviewed that same afternoon. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview. Very safety orientated company. Safety was stressed in the interview. Wanted to make sure I could handle the hours (80-100 hours a week). 2 weeks on and 1 week off no pay. They are putting me through CDL hazmat training.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation when you were asked to do something you felt was unsafe. Also, where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired?   View Answer

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

I was recruited through university recruiting. Made it through the first round of interviews, and then went up to Casper, WY a few weeks later for a 2nd interview. First interview was relatively easy behavioral questions. Second interview was about the same, except the interviewers were trying to intimidate everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult part was the fact that when everyone arrived, we were supposed to be given a presentation etc. but went straight into interviewing. That left most people unprepared.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

First heard of position in career fair. Was interviewed for the first round - mostly HR, questions similar to the ones posted in this page. Made it to the second round. Even got a couple of emails about location preferences. Never heard for a couple of months before a call out of the blue to schedule a second round phone interview. Someone from r&d - discussed about my resume and got rejected two days later. Some of my friends went through the same motions and didn't even hear back about their applications. Rest in peace.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a compromise   Answer Question