Halliburton

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Odessa, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a friend with the company who suggested I apply. I applied online, called, called again, gave up. A number of weeks later I was called for an interview. Terse, very formal, strict with as little information given as possible. As my other best option had failed to call back and was all of the above, I took the job. Very strict rules applied selectively. Your someone's buddy or your not. Still a good work environment. Most coworkers friendly and cooperative. Management not friendly, flexible or inclined to note achievement or improvement. Seem to expect perfection and punish those who struggle.

Interview Question – What do you expect from this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. If you had qualifications you were given that qualifications pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Field Professional Interview

Associate Field Professional
Odessa, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2008.

Interview Details – There was actually, there was no Interview at all. I was referred by a friend and applied online. About a month went by and all of the sudden I got an offer in Email. I thought it very odd, but upon calling the offer was truly legit. At the time I didn't have any other offers and had a family to feed, so I took it. Looking back, I realized why they use this tactic. If applicants and any idea what they were getting themselves into, for most there wouldn't be a second thought. The working conditions are just that bad. Also, I found out that my "friend" was just looking to recruit people because as a referred employee you are worth in excess of $1,000 in bonus to the guy that refers you. Be cautious with these people.

Interview Question – As I said, there was no interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!