Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Perforation Engineer Interview

Perforation Engineer
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview at my university. Then got flown down to Corpus Christi to do an interview. I had reservations about going to the interview because I was not that interested in the long, irregular hours and the somewhat unattractive location. I wasn't even that interested in the work itself, but I was desperate for a job. I was hoping that the hours may not be so bad and I might be able to live near a decent city. My fears were reaffirmed during the interview process, where they explained in more detail the work schedule and working conditions. Also, even though there were attractive locations, there was no guarantee that I would work at my desired location and there were some locations that were fairly rural and not attractive to a sexually active, attractive male. I should have asked more questions during the initial interview process. That being said, the experience was very good. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who is not that interested in drilling. One person said to us "you sign your life away to the company." Which made sense to me: with those working hours, I can't see much possibility for a life outside of work in this situation. Now if you're married and want that kind of lifestyle, then sure.

Interview Question – They asked simple engineering questions, like how much force would be on this wire if I had this pulley set up.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton Perforation Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.