Halliburton Perforation Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Perforation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Had an initial interview at my university. Then got flown down to Corpus Christi to do an interview. I had reservations about going to the interview because I was not that interested in the long, irregular hours and the somewhat unattractive location. I wasn't even that interested in the work itself, but I was desperate for a job. I was hoping that the hours may not be so bad and I might be able to live near a decent city. My fears were reaffirmed during the interview process, where they explained in more detail the work schedule and working conditions. Also, even though there were attractive locations, there was no guarantee that I would work at my desired location and there were some locations that were fairly rural and not attractive to a sexually active, attractive male. I should have asked more questions during the initial interview process. That being said, the experience was very good. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who is not that interested in drilling. One person said to us "you sign your life away to the company." Which made sense to me: with those working hours, I can't see much possibility for a life outside of work in this situation. Now if you're married and want that kind of lifestyle, then sure.

Interview Questions
  • They asked simple engineering questions, like how much force would be on this wire if I had this pulley set up.   Answer Question

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!