Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark.

Only one interview. Very simple.

Also you are required to take a super long test that is simple- I think some simple 1+1 math, and behavioral questions asked over and over again but in different fashion and style.
    For example (not exact questions but similar):
     "Do you go to bars?" and then "Do you make friends at a bar easily?"

Interview Questions
    • What is most important thing in your job?   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark in October 2010.

Went thru the personal information, paperwork. Showed the cards and when and how to order them. explained the seasonal side is only for seasonal items, we dont order. Explained that the job is not to be organizing cards, it takes to much time, just reorder and replace new cards.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark in April 2014.

The interview process was easy, which was done over the phone, no hard question, the interviewee was knowledgeable of the process and she allowed me to start working faster than expected. My supervisor is so supportive of everything that I do, we have created a boned that allow her to trust me with the maximum work load and also she allow me to train incoming employees.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Hallmark.

It was a good overall process. The initial screening was by HR, but then prospective employees are introduced to relevant colleagues and leadership who make the ultimate hiring decision. They have a strict drug policy, so expect to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
    • Most were fairly expected. Be prepared to explain how you can best facilitate social expression in various situations, e.g., grieving, love, friendship, birthdays, etc.   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty much set by HR for each position/level.

Stock Handler Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hallmark.

Very easy process and great people to work with. It did not take more than three to four weeks to get hired on. There was a basic math test and a lifting test of 60 pounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2014.

Telephone interview scheduled but interviewer failed to call at appointed time. I contacted the company and had another telephone interview scheduled and interviewer called as expected. usual questions and information and was hired but how effective can a telephone interview be?

Interview Questions
    • Could tell the interviewer anything in a telephone interview. I don't think it is an effective way to hire.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

There was no negotiation.

Keyholder Part Time Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2014.

I filled out my application, and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The first interview was 2 hrs long, basically in the beginning the store manager just degraded the store, saying OMG your going to have to do so much to fix the store, we are looking for this specifically etc etc. Than she asked me a couple questions about handling employees and kept asking if I was sure if I could handle this job bc if I didn't leave tired than I wasn't doing my job correctly. Honestly at this point I was having major doubts, I kept saying all this for a part time position to myself however I kept going. At the end I took the test and she scheduled me for a 2nd interview with the DM, however before I left she made sure to tell me that no matter what she feels she will take the DM's opinion over her own!
    2nd interview WAS A MESS, the DM looked at my resume asked me if I did it that day because it was so wrong, than bc I didn't know exact dates they said I needed to call all my fellow employers to get the exact dates...mind you I haven't worked at this place in over 10yrs! Needless to say after up I did that they STILL kept asking if I was sure if I wanted this position bc as the manager said in her exact words "anyone could talk themselves up", after that I apologized but I was not willing to accept the job! Too much running around and reassurance and down talking the company.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was needing exact dates of employment, and the manager down grading the company due to completion   Answer Question

Honestly it was too much back and forth for a part time job, the manager talked about how much work it was and didn't seem positive that the store was going to stay in business.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hallmark.

I applied online in February and was called in March for one interview, then in April for the second interview, and now we are going into May and I still never heard back from the person who interviewed me three times and took three hours of my life away without any feedback or follow up email!!! The district manager in the area seems extremely disorganized and not very proactive at all. I started the interview process with a positive Idea of Hallmark and left with a very negative idea.

Interview Questions
    • The second and third interviews ..... I was asked the exact same questions because the interviewer had forgot what he asked me the second time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2013.

I received a call about two weeks after I handed in the application in store, along with my resume. I arrived early, and had to wait for the two interviewers to come out. One was a general manager, the other was the store manager. We walked to the food court where the interview was held. It was a casual interview, and I was told I would receive a call if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you have that makes you fit for this job.?   Answer Question

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!