Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.1

Part-Time Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark (Crawfordsville, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I just got off the phone interview with them so i decided to write this review while its still fresh in my mind. She said i should know in the next week or two id i got the job so the offer button i have to click on here isn't right. Via email is how i will know if i got the job. The VERY nice lady called one minute after my interview time. She was very nice and explained that she was reading off of a computer and if there was any silence its because shes typing my answers. She read the description of the job to me and then asked me to explain what she just said. WRITE IT DOWN OR YOU ARE SCREWED lol. She was really nice and laughed if she messed up or something. They called from Ohio and i live in Indiana.

Interview Questions

• Why would i be a good fit?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want a part time position?   1 Answer
    • They read the description of the job to you, WRITE IT DOWN, and then you recite it back to them.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • Asked what jobs i have had ( which my work history is terrible) and she seemed "off" when i said i had no experience in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hallmark (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

After filling out my application online, I was prompted to select a time for a phone interview. I selected a date two days out and, when the day came, the woman called me right on time. She spoke very fast and explained the job duties to me. I would HIGHLY advise you to have a pen and paper nearby because you WILL be asked to repeat as much as you can back to your interviewer. Once that was over, I was asked basic questions about availability and just verifying information on my resume. Once it was over, I was told I'd hear back in the next 3-5 days, however, I got an e-mail offering me the position in less than 24 hours.

Marketing Position Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, basic questions on flexibility and the company makes certain, the potential candidate is versed on the job description and asks the candidate to reiterate it verbatim. They also want to know if you can work on Valentine's Day and the day before and after a holiday.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in three years   1 Answer
    • Flexibility, Can you work on Valentines Day   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

The interview process went great. The manager was extreamly nice and genuinely cared about what I had to say. I took a 180 question test on spot. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If I where a confused customer how would you handle me?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Territory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

after I applied online I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was offered the job on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email to schedule a phone interview which took place two days later. I had done my research and as others had suggested wrote down everything he said as he was describing the position duties and hours. He did indeed ask to repeat these back to him as I understood them to be. Within three days I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Communication after I accepted the offer and tried to get my start date was HORRIBLE and only started after I reached out multiple times to both my manager and supervisor. The supervisor was very unprofessional in her correspondence (broken English and bad grammar) and only after days was it let known to me that someone had already been hired for the location I applied for and that it was just assumed I would work for locations 33 and 60 miles from me! It took multiple emails to the both of them to get this clarified. I wrote the manager asking if this location confusion was true or not and that if so I would respectfully decline the position. I never got a response from the manager and the next day the supervisor finally responded saying nevermind she heard I had declined the job offer. I never got a straight answer on the location! The whole process was extremely frustrating and a major headache and I'm very upset that I was falsely mislead for such a long period of time.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

After a week they call the inter last about 15 minutes they call at what ever schedule time you applied. They ask several questions it was a guy he was nice. I could hear in typing in the background. Haven't heard anything from hallmark.

Interview Questions

• What are your land in the next 3 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very short 15min. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple questions to answer. Most of the questions are related to exactly what is posted in the job description. Can you do the job, lift heavy boxes, arrive by 8am to work for your shift, work before and after major holidays, can you start in 2 weeks, tell me about your last 2 jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain the job description as it was just described to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

easy. just wrote down on a piece of paper what the interviewer on the phone was telling me. basically asked me to recite it all back to her...luckily i had it written all down. Interviewer called me few minutes late from an Ohio phone number. Could tell she was just reading questions off a computer, and I could hear her typing my answers.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in two years? What do I do at my current job? Can you occasionally lift 50 pounds? is 10.00 an hour ok for you?   Answer Question

Category Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hallmark (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

test skills in Excel show proof of pivot table vlookup and if statements, have an ability to tell stories with numbers. cognitive interview lots of questions about tell me a time when..... the job is very data based but you must be able to tell a story from the data

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to stand up to leadership   1 Answer