Hallmark

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call about two weeks after I handed in the application in store, along with my resume. I arrived early, and had to wait for the two interviewers to come out. One was a general manager, the other was the store manager. We walked to the food court where the interview was held. It was a casual interview, and I was told I would receive a call if I got the job.

Interview Question – What qualities do you have that makes you fit for this job.?   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly typical for a larger company and the entire process took about 4 weeks start to finish. The recruiting department was very kind, professional and kept me informed of the status along the way. The interview process can vary widely depending on the hiring manager and/or department you are applying for, but when I interviewed, it consisted of me presenting my portfolio and a panel of managers who each took turns asking questions.

Interview Question – Do you have any philosophical objections to pink bunny rabbits?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – interviewed in person

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Spent all day interviewing with 8 people

Interview Question – How many golf balls would fit in a swimming pool?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, but should have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – My interview was very in depth. It was a behavioral interview were I was asked to give answers to questions or what I would do in scenarios using previous work experience. I took a personnel evaluation profile questionnaire and was offered a position the same day!!

Interview Question – Sell me this red pen.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in person and was asked a few simple pre-interview questions just after I handed in the application. It took a little less than 3 weeks to receive and interview. The interview process was handled by two managers and they were about 45 minutes each. The questions varied from "Name a time you exceeded a customers expectations?", "Name a time where a customer had a bad experience and you had to help them out?", " Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "What does the Hallmark Brand mean to you?" I then after was asked to take a bubble test that was about 185 questions, and read two small booklets that we're given to me before taking this test. This interview really forced me to think on a different level than I normally need to for a typical interview.

Interview Question – He handed me a teddy bear from the store and asked me to role play and to sell it to him. He said he was looking for a specific way of selling it and it put me under an extreme amount of pressure. - "Name a time where your manager has coached you through something you weren't doing correctly, and explain the process to both went through to me step by step, and tell me what you got from the experience and how the coaching helped you?"   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Met with two professionals from Hallmarks Application Development team. They were really nice and friendly throughout the interview. There was a lot of emphasis on team work and technical skills. The primary focus was on C# Development.

Interview Question – It was a standard interview about myself and past experiences, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Retail Merchandiser

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Phone interview with someone in Ohio. It took about 45 minutes. They asked very standard, easy questions that you could mostly answer with a yes or no. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. The paperwork was all done online.

Interview Question – None! Honestly, it was super easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a career fair. Interviewed on campus with four recruiters. Two thirty minute interviews with two recruiters in each room. Had to look over a analytical report and provide feedback on the numbers. Ten applicants made it to the interview round, but they only selected one person for the internship.

Interview Question – Analytical breakdown of report given prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hallmark

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hallmark interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hallmark employees and interview candidates.