Hallmark

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

Not difficult. Phone interview consisted of multiple behavioral and resume questions, mainly seeing how you would react in certain situations. After the phone interview it would either be a face to face or Skype interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark.

There were many interviews with a personality test. I applied in store, you cannot apply online. They want to make sure you are a good fit so there are many interviews. New management is not very selective - unfortunate.

Webmaster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Over the phone. Casual conversation. Went through a staffing agency so I think Hallmark wanted to move fast and make the interview more of a formality. My boss talked more about the company culture and the projects coming up. Like I said I think the staffing agency had a major part in my employment.

Sales Associate Interview

Back in 2002, the interview process was rather simple. I was asked a few questions about my personal and career goals. There was no employee test being used at that time so I just interviewed with an assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall there being a difficult question during my interview.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

The interview process after the initial application process requires a phone interview that makes you an offer if you are will to accept the hours and are committed to fulfilling the requirements of the job. Then it is very systematic, timely and professional.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation just an offer and acceptance or decline

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark in December 2014.

The phone interview was fast-paced. I felt rushed with my answers, but received an offer several hours later. I didn't think I did well in the interview because the interviewer told me about 3 times that we need to move on.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions about my work history; why do you want this job; can you do the job.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in December 2014.

The interview, via the telephone, was scheduled after I completed the application process. On the morning of the interview, I received a call from a Blocked number. The interviewer identified himself as the interviewer for Hallmark then instructed me to speak slowly in order for him to type my replies to his questions. He basically repeated questions from the questions from the web application. He explained what would happen next in the interview process. It took about 10 minutes tops.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked: "Where do you see yourself in 3 years?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

Asked questions to get to know you a bit more. they asked about qualifications, such as if you'll be able to stand for long periods of time and if you can lift heavy things. then youre required to take a personality test and they'll call you later

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview lasted 10 minutes. A test took an hour. It was a personality type test. There were 200 yes or no questions. Many of the questions were asked more than once

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark in November 2014.

Applied in person in August, they called me late October, needed seasonal people but promised to keep me after holidays if good fit for job. Very easy interview, a few questions like what you liked best at last job or what you liked worst. After there was a long but easy true or false ethics survey.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a positive service experience you had in a store where you were the customer.   Answer Question