Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

The interview process went great. The manager was extreamly nice and genuinely cared about what I had to say. I took a 180 question test on spot. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If I where a confused customer how would you handle me?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Territory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

after I applied online I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was offered the job on the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very short 15min. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple questions to answer. Most of the questions are related to exactly what is posted in the job description. Can you do the job, lift heavy boxes, arrive by 8am to work for your shift, work before and after major holidays, can you start in 2 weeks, tell me about your last 2 jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain the job description as it was just described to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

After a week they call the inter last about 15 minutes they call at what ever schedule time you applied. They ask several questions it was a guy he was nice. I could hear in typing in the background. Haven't heard anything from hallmark.

Interview Questions

• What are your land in the next 3 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email to schedule a phone interview which took place two days later. I had done my research and as others had suggested wrote down everything he said as he was describing the position duties and hours. He did indeed ask to repeat these back to him as I understood them to be. Within three days I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Communication after I accepted the offer and tried to get my start date was HORRIBLE and only started after I reached out multiple times to both my manager and supervisor. The supervisor was very unprofessional in her correspondence (broken English and bad grammar) and only after days was it let known to me that someone had already been hired for the location I applied for and that it was just assumed I would work for locations 33 and 60 miles from me! It took multiple emails to the both of them to get this clarified. I wrote the manager asking if this location confusion was true or not and that if so I would respectfully decline the position. I never got a response from the manager and the next day the supervisor finally responded saying nevermind she heard I had declined the job offer. I never got a straight answer on the location! The whole process was extremely frustrating and a major headache and I'm very upset that I was falsely mislead for such a long period of time.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

easy. just wrote down on a piece of paper what the interviewer on the phone was telling me. basically asked me to recite it all back to her...luckily i had it written all down. Interviewer called me few minutes late from an Ohio phone number. Could tell she was just reading questions off a computer, and I could hear her typing my answers.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in two years? What do I do at my current job? Can you occasionally lift 50 pounds? is 10.00 an hour ok for you?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hallmark (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

In the cards department the interview process lasted half the day (or maybe a little longer) and consisted of a series of 5+ individual interviews with different managers, an interview with the department director, lunch with a current employee and a separate meeting with an HR representative. A host guided me around the building to the location of each interviewer, where I shared my portfolio with each of them.

Interview Questions

• I no longer can recall specific questions asked.   1 Answer

Category Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hallmark (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

test skills in Excel show proof of pivot table vlookup and if statements, have an ability to tell stories with numbers. cognitive interview lots of questions about tell me a time when..... the job is very data based but you must be able to tell a story from the data

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to stand up to leadership   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy and brief and was offered a job on the spot. I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a manager! She made me feel comfortable and it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were typical and easy such as, how would you react to a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately scheduled a time for a phone interview. Got a call back a few days later with the job offer. It was an easy, straightforward experience.

Interview Questions

• Related job experience, years of experience, why want to work for company   Answer Question