Hallmark

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Handler Interview

Stock Handler

I applied online and interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Very easy process and great people to work with. It did not take more than three to four weeks to get hired on. There was a basic math test and a lifting test of 60 pounds.

Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone interview scheduled but interviewer failed to call at appointed time. I contacted the company and had another telephone interview scheduled and interviewer called as expected. usual questions and information and was hired but how effective can a telephone interview be?

Interview Question – Could tell the interviewer anything in a telephone interview. I don't think it is an effective way to hire.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keyholder Part Time Interview

Keyholder Part Time

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out my application, and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The first interview was 2 hrs long, basically in the beginning the store manager just degraded the store, saying OMG your going to have to do so much to fix the store, we are looking for this specifically etc etc. Than she asked me a couple questions about handling employees and kept asking if I was sure if I could handle this job bc if I didn't leave tired than I wasn't doing my job correctly. Honestly at this point I was having major doubts, I kept saying all this for a part time position to myself however I kept going. At the end I took the test and she scheduled me for a 2nd interview with the DM, however before I left she made sure to tell me that no matter what she feels she will take the DM's opinion over her own!
2nd interview WAS A MESS, the DM looked at my resume asked me if I did it that day because it was so wrong, than bc I didn't know exact dates they said I needed to call all my fellow employers to get the exact dates...mind you I haven't worked at this place in over 10yrs! Needless to say after up I did that they STILL kept asking if I was sure if I wanted this position bc as the manager said in her exact words "anyone could talk themselves up", after that I apologized but I was not willing to accept the job! Too much running around and reassurance and down talking the company.

Interview Question – Unexpected was needing exact dates of employment, and the manager down grading the company due to completion   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly it was too much back and forth for a part time job, the manager talked about how much work it was and didn't seem positive that the store was going to stay in business.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I applied online in February and was called in March for one interview, then in April for the second interview, and now we are going into May and I still never heard back from the person who interviewed me three times and took three hours of my life away without any feedback or follow up email!!! The district manager in the area seems extremely disorganized and not very proactive at all. I started the interview process with a positive Idea of Hallmark and left with a very negative idea.

Interview Question – The second and third interviews ..... I was asked the exact same questions because the interviewer had forgot what he asked me the second time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call about two weeks after I handed in the application in store, along with my resume. I arrived early, and had to wait for the two interviewers to come out. One was a general manager, the other was the store manager. We walked to the food court where the interview was held. It was a casual interview, and I was told I would receive a call if I got the job.

Interview Question – What qualities do you have that makes you fit for this job.?   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Production Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly typical for a larger company and the entire process took about 4 weeks start to finish. The recruiting department was very kind, professional and kept me informed of the status along the way. The interview process can vary widely depending on the hiring manager and/or department you are applying for, but when I interviewed, it consisted of me presenting my portfolio and a panel of managers who each took turns asking questions.

Interview Question – Do you have any philosophical objections to pink bunny rabbits?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – interviewed in person

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Spent all day interviewing with 8 people

Interview Question – How many golf balls would fit in a swimming pool?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, but should have.

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!