Hallmark

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

Asked questions to get to know you a bit more. they asked about qualifications, such as if you'll be able to stand for long periods of time and if you can lift heavy things. then youre required to take a personality test and they'll call you later

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview lasted 10 minutes. A test took an hour. It was a personality type test. There were 200 yes or no questions. Many of the questions were asked more than once

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark in November 2014.

Applied in person in August, they called me late October, needed seasonal people but promised to keep me after holidays if good fit for job. Very easy interview, a few questions like what you liked best at last job or what you liked worst. After there was a long but easy true or false ethics survey.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a positive service experience you had in a store where you were the customer.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

I applied online and the next day I got a email telling me I could set up an interview. A week later I got a call it lasted like 10 minutes. She just asked basic stuff like why would I be good for this job. She asked me to describe the job I'm applying for and asked my availability. It was pretty easy. Then she told me I would receive a call within ten days if I got the job or an email if I didn't.

None

Retoucher Interview

The hiring process takes a long time. The initial interview took a few minutes, but when I returned for the next step it took an entire day. I met with management and then was seated at a workstation with sample work orders. I had lunch with my manager, which was a scary thought but it turned out to literally just be lunch. It wasn't high pressure, more of a "will you fit in here" getting to know you session.

Interview Questions
    • The technical aspect of the sample work test is on a Mac.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark in October 2014.

Applied through my university after a career fair. On-campus interview(s) a few weeks later. It was back-to-back 2:1 interviews for about 30 minutes each. Mostly basic behavioral questions and a really basic analytical question. A few weeks later I received an offer from an HR rep. Process was fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Basic analytical question: How would you interpret this sales data and what would be your advice to management?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Only one interview. Very simple.

Also you are required to take a super long test that is simple- I think some simple 1+1 math, and behavioral questions asked over and over again but in different fashion and style.
    For example (not exact questions but similar):
     "Do you go to bars?" and then "Do you make friends at a bar easily?"

Interview Questions
    • What is most important thing in your job?   View Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

The online application was a breeze to complete. The interview took about 15 minutes by phone. I was surprised at the speed of the offer for employment and the entire process was completed via internet or phone.

Interview Questions
    I asked about salary, but did not enter into negotiation.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hallmark.

It was a good overall process. The initial screening was by HR, but then prospective employees are introduced to relevant colleagues and leadership who make the ultimate hiring decision. They have a strict drug policy, so expect to pee in a cup.

Interview Questions
    • Most were fairly expected. Be prepared to explain how you can best facilitate social expression in various situations, e.g., grieving, love, friendship, birthdays, etc.   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty much set by HR for each position/level.

Stock Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

Very easy process and great people to work with. It did not take more than three to four weeks to get hired on. There was a basic math test and a lifting test of 60 pounds.