Hallmark

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.1

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

There was no negotiation.

Keyholder Part Time Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in May 2014.

I filled out my application, and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The first interview was 2 hrs long, basically in the beginning the store manager just degraded the store, saying OMG your going to have to do so much to fix the store, we are looking for this specifically etc etc. Than she asked me a couple questions about handling employees and kept asking if I was sure if I could handle this job bc if I didn't leave tired than I wasn't doing my job correctly. Honestly at this point I was having major doubts, I kept saying all this for a part time position to myself however I kept going. At the end I took the test and she scheduled me for a 2nd interview with the DM, however before I left she made sure to tell me that no matter what she feels she will take the DM's opinion over her own!
    2nd interview WAS A MESS, the DM looked at my resume asked me if I did it that day because it was so wrong, than bc I didn't know exact dates they said I needed to call all my fellow employers to get the exact dates...mind you I haven't worked at this place in over 10yrs! Needless to say after up I did that they STILL kept asking if I was sure if I wanted this position bc as the manager said in her exact words "anyone could talk themselves up", after that I apologized but I was not willing to accept the job! Too much running around and reassurance and down talking the company.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was needing exact dates of employment, and the manager down grading the company due to completion   Answer Question

Honestly it was too much back and forth for a part time job, the manager talked about how much work it was and didn't seem positive that the store was going to stay in business.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark.

I applied online in February and was called in March for one interview, then in April for the second interview, and now we are going into May and I still never heard back from the person who interviewed me three times and took three hours of my life away without any feedback or follow up email!!! The district manager in the area seems extremely disorganized and not very proactive at all. I started the interview process with a positive Idea of Hallmark and left with a very negative idea.

Interview Questions
    • The second and third interviews ..... I was asked the exact same questions because the interviewer had forgot what he asked me the second time.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in April 2014.

The interview process was easy, which was done over the phone, no hard question, the interviewee was knowledgeable of the process and she allowed me to start working faster than expected. My supervisor is so supportive of everything that I do, we have created a boned that allow her to trust me with the maximum work load and also she allow me to train incoming employees.

Production Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

The hiring process was fairly typical for a larger company and the entire process took about 4 weeks start to finish. The recruiting department was very kind, professional and kept me informed of the status along the way. The interview process can vary widely depending on the hiring manager and/or department you are applying for, but when I interviewed, it consisted of me presenting my portfolio and a panel of managers who each took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any philosophical objections to pink bunny rabbits?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

interviewed in person

There was negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Spent all day interviewing with 8 people

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, but should have.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

My interview was very in depth. It was a behavioral interview were I was asked to give answers to questions or what I would do in scenarios using previous work experience. I took a personnel evaluation profile questionnaire and was offered a position the same day!!

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Met with two professionals from Hallmarks Application Development team. They were really nice and friendly throughout the interview. There was a lot of emphasis on team work and technical skills. The primary focus was on C# Development.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard interview about myself and past experiences, no technical questions.   Answer Question