Hallmark

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Facilities Manager Interview

Enfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hallmark in June 2012.

Interview Details – They called about 2 days after I put the online application in wanting to meet me in person. ONce there you have to fill out exact the same thing you did on the internet but except "by hand".

I went in to the interview with the hiring manager, was confident, only in the end to be told they had already hired someone INTERNAL and just BROUGHT OUTSIDE people in to interview because the had to fill the HR quota.

It was sad because I wasted my time and had more years on the job than my interviewer said he had.

Interview Question – Whats the most unethical thing you've seen your boss do?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for hallmark   Answer Question

Installation Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and eventually started receiving emails when a new position was posted. I complete the application online for the posted position and was prompted to choose a time for a phone interview. After a week I received an email requesting another phone interview. That was today and I expect to hear back in a few days.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation with an employee and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out and completed online application. Contingent upon submitted information, if a match, all available positions would be displayed. After applying you will be given the opportunity to schedule a phone interview either right away or at a later date (selected by you) requiring about 15min. The phone interview was very basic and monotone, just an overview of your personal information, the job position & requirements, also asking if physical ability would be an issue. I was then asked to summarize what was just asked of me to ensure that I understood the job in its entirety.

Interview Question – I was a little taken off guard when asked to repeat back what she had just said to me and what was already submitted in the job discription   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not begun yet

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hallmark in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out a paper application in the store on the spot. Left it with the manager and received a call to schedule an interview about an hour later. I was interviewed by the manager and she basically did most of the talking. A few generic interview questions and a basic description of the position. She said she understood my tough schedule with school and extracurriculars and said she would try her hardest to accommodate that. I left, and got a call from her 4 days later offering me a job. The people involved in the process were all very easygoing and warm.

Interview Question – What is one challenge you had to overcome in school?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Yucca Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application, was selected for a interview, chose the first one available, was asked basic questions about my customer svc skills. Was told that my info would be forwarded.

Interview Question – None. It's really simple, you get trained.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The regional mngr called and ask would I accept the job, I stated yes so she emailed me my supervisors info. All communiciation is paid and done via email. Goodluck!

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hallmark in October 2012.

Interview Details – after completing an online questionnaire i received an email to schedule a phone interview. they gave 15 minutes intervals through out the day up to 10pm. She called me 4 minutes before time scheduled. It started off with her reading the description from a script, same info you see in job posting. Asked about work history, years with co's and what jobs entailed. she asked only a few questions and confirmed that i was willing to do all of the requirements. she asked how soon after acceptance i could start, said i would hear back within 10 days. I have received emails when they have openings in my area, applied 2 months ago, 3 emails of jobs.

Interview Question – asked about work history and ability to do all tasks, but nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in September 2012.

Interview Details – Called for a 1st interview with the training manager, 2nd the DM and 3rd with the RM.Never made it to the 2nd interview , I didn't pass the personally test. It is given during the 1st . Interview was not as detailed as most pretty straight forward. Only took 35 mins, told it normally takes 2 hours. because of the test. I read pretty fast so it didn't take as long.

Interview Question – What iss the one thing you would change about your performance at your last position?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Lees Summit, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sent application online and was contacted for interview 3 weeks later.Interviewed by Assistant Manager setting in for manager who had a meeting.Pulled out interview sheet and read questions and checked off my answers.was not particularly interested in process and not comfortable with it either.

Interview Question – How i would merchandise part of store when i had no experience in those type of goods.   View Answer

Designer Interview

Designer
Kansas City, MO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was well organized. The coordinator was clear about next steps and time frames and was always prompt to follow up after each stage. My travel arrangements were also well planned. I was quite impressed by the town car pick up from the airport. They definitely made me feel welcomed and well looked after.

Interview Question – Desscribe yourself in one word.   Answer Question