Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.1

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Phone interview with someone in Ohio. It took about 45 minutes. They asked very standard, easy questions that you could mostly answer with a yes or no. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. The paperwork was all done online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application then I returned it a couple of days later. I got an interview a week and a half later. This past Monday I got a call offering me the position then I went in on Friday to fill out all the paperwork and I start this Monday! Overall the interview was very stress-free, it was just me, the manager and the assistant manager and they asked typical questions: "Tell us a little about your previous work experience", "Why do you want to work for Hallmark", "What would your availability be like". The hardest part of the entire experience was the personality evaluation test, it is a 180 and it takes quite a long time to complete and it is all yes/no so your eyes get very tired after awhile and it has silly questions like: "Do you think this test is a waste of your time", "Have you ever stolen anything (even as a child)".

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for Hallmark?
      -Personality Evaluation Test

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

There weren't any solicitations for positions open, however, I was able to approach the store manager and ask if they were hiring. The line of questioning was pretty straight forward. I felt comfortable and because I had prior experience in sales, that was a plus. After the initial interview, there is a test you have to take to determine if you can handle simple transactions and consumer issues.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is clearly upset and not satisfied with their purchase and they do not have a receipt for the item purchased, how would you perform that transaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to somewhat negotiate. Whenever you ask for a certain salary range, it gets a little sticky, but it was overall just a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at the store and was called within a few days. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, which was very simple and straight forward. I'm sure it helped that I was definitely qualified and was looking for a part-time position. I was offered the job that day and started pretty much immediately.

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in October 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a career fair. Interviewed on campus with four recruiters. Two thirty minute interviews with two recruiters in each room. Had to look over a analytical report and provide feedback on the numbers. Ten applicants made it to the interview round, but they only selected one person for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Analytical breakdown of report given prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I applied online and several months later, when there was a store opening I got called by company. Asked me if still looking for work and I said yes. I than was given a telephone interview a few days later. They asked previous experience and what I found interesting about Hallmark, why I wanted to work there. A few days later I got call saying I was hired. They gave me my boss's contact information and said she would be setting up a time to meet me at my new stores.
    I was trained in my stores and several other stores for about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. Was a very simple interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Part-Time Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Mesa, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website after receiving an email from them about an opening in my local area. Received another email a week later inviting me to continue in the hiring process with a 15 minute phone interview. Followed the link to self-schedule a time to be called and there were no times available. Tried again the following day and chose the first date and time available which was late afternoon a week later. Received another email confirming the date and time of my phone interview.
    Interviewer called at the exact time scheduled and you have exactly 15 minutes for your interview. The position was described to me and I had to reiterate what was said to be sure I understood everything involved with the position. Was asked about availability, why I want this position with Hallmark, past/current work experience, and where do I see myself two years. Fairly straightforward. Received another email directly after the interview asking me to provide feedback on the interview and stating that I would hear from them in 3-5 days.
    Received another email 2 days later stating that they are pursuing other candidates whose qualifications more closely meet the requirements of this position and to feel free to continue applying on the website.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position with Hallmark?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview

Territory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Apply online, 3rd party phone interviews. They usually pick people without experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the monetary offer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

filled out paper application, was called a week later to come in to interview, manager asked basic questions such as my work history, why i left my past jobs, and why i want the position and how hallmark will help me in my life

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between customer service and sales   Answer Question