Hallmark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was not formal, I spoke with the manager and she must have really liked me because she told me how flexible the job was and I got a call back two weeks later and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in April 2010.

Interview Details – One interview then a call back that I was hired.

Interview Question – Personality test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hallmark in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, phone interview, Store Manager interview, District Manager interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you developed an employee. Describe the results. What is that employee doing now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Would not come up on money offered.

Territory Assistant Interview

Territory Assistant
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Responded to online job listing - went to company website to complete application. Received phone call. Had one phone interview and was offered position from that one interview. A third party company does the screening of applicants.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions although there are a few short videos to watch on the website during the interview process which will give some insight into the desired employee personality types.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation involved. Third party company extended offer on behalf of company. Hourly rate. No bonuses. No benefits. Mileage is paid beyond usual commute time/miles.

Writer Interview

Writer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – Online application with writing samples, HR phone interview, Hiring manager phone interview, writing exercises, 2 days on-site interviews over the course of 2 months. HR was great about lettings me know next steps.

Interview Question – What types of situations have you encountered in your life that helped prepare you to write greeting cards?   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Keyholder
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in July 2012.

Interview Details – As a key holder you will have 2 to 3 interviews. It will be with the Manager, assistant Manager, and the District Manager. The interview with the District Manager it maybe a phone interview. In the position they are really looking for someone to lead a team, solve customer problems, and complete money goals, able to set fixtures, follow directions, and trust worthy. You should be a bubble person who wears a smile all the time. Also someone who can multi-task would help you out a lot. It would be excellent if you had the potential and back round of becoming a Manager because that would be the next step they will get you prepared for.

Interview Question – Would any of the other empolyees be upset with you coming into this positon?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would talk money right when they offer it because you want to make sure you are happy with it. This job does ask for a lot so make sure you feel comfortable with everything.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and hired over the phone. I later met with a Territory Assistant to fill out I9.

Interview Question – I think I was just asked about availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. The interviewer told me how much they paid.

Facilities Manager Interview

Facilities Manager
Enfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hallmark in June 2012.

Interview Details – They called about 2 days after I put the online application in wanting to meet me in person. ONce there you have to fill out exact the same thing you did on the internet but except "by hand".

I went in to the interview with the hiring manager, was confident, only in the end to be told they had already hired someone INTERNAL and just BROUGHT OUTSIDE people in to interview because the had to fill the HR quota.

It was sad because I wasted my time and had more years on the job than my interviewer said he had.

Interview Question – Whats the most unethical thing you've seen your boss do?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for hallmark   Answer Question

Installation Leader Interview

Installation Leader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and eventually started receiving emails when a new position was posted. I complete the application online for the posted position and was prompted to choose a time for a phone interview. After a week I received an email requesting another phone interview. That was today and I expect to hear back in a few days.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation with an employee and how I handled it.   Answer Question