Hallmark Interview Questions

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

The hiring process was quite long and drawn-out but was not unpleasant. Typical interview questions during the two major interviews with the District and Regional managers. It took about 3 weeks to receive an offer.

No negotiation was offered. The offer was made and I either accepted or declined and moved on. I accepted.

Installations Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in June 2013.

The hiring process for this position was simple. The first call I received from an interviewer, the woman asked what my availability was. I answered the question with, "I can work whenever I'm called to the job." She verified my work experience on that call and asked if I have reliable transportation. Then she said thank you and that I will be contacted again soon depending on their openings (or something to that effect).

The I got a call from an interviewer the next day who asked questions like:

Do you have internet service and a reliable phone number?

From any point in time, at one of the companies listed on your resume, can you describe a opportunity when you successfully demonstrated teamwork skills?

What were the benefits and drawbacks of working at Company X?
    (Answer this question in an upbeat manner and describe more pros than you list cons from your previous experience.)

They were essentially standard dull interview questions on both calls from the interviewers.

The third time I received a call from Hallmark, it was to tell me that I would be getting my new employee information pack in my email and to describe how to finish the hiring process so I could begin working.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a single difficult question for these interviews.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark in May 2013.

I received a call about two weeks after I handed in the application in store, along with my resume. I arrived early, and had to wait for the two interviewers to come out. One was a general manager, the other was the store manager. We walked to the food court where the interview was held. It was a casual interview, and I was told I would receive a call if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you have that makes you fit for this job.?   Answer Question

Territory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

Responded to online job listing - went to company website to complete application. Received phone call. Had one phone interview and was offered position from that one interview. A third party company does the screening of applicants.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions although there are a few short videos to watch on the website during the interview process which will give some insight into the desired employee personality types.   View Answer
    No negotiation involved. Third party company extended offer on behalf of company. Hourly rate. No bonuses. No benefits. Mileage is paid beyond usual commute time/miles.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

I was interviewed and hired over the phone. I later met with a Territory Assistant to fill out I9.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase. The interviewer told me how much they paid.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Filled out and completed online application. Contingent upon submitted information, if a match, all available positions would be displayed. After applying you will be given the opportunity to schedule a phone interview either right away or at a later date (selected by you) requiring about 15min. The phone interview was very basic and monotone, just an overview of your personal information, the job position & requirements, also asking if physical ability would be an issue. I was then asked to summarize what was just asked of me to ensure that I understood the job in its entirety.

Interview Questions
    • I was a little taken off guard when asked to repeat back what she had just said to me and what was already submitted in the job discription   Answer Question
    Have not begun yet

Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Online application with writing samples, HR phone interview, Hiring manager phone interview, writing exercises, 2 days on-site interviews over the course of 2 months. HR was great about lettings me know next steps.

Interview Questions
    • What types of situations have you encountered in your life that helped prepare you to write greeting cards?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

I applied in person and was asked a few simple pre-interview questions just after I handed in the application. It took a little less than 3 weeks to receive and interview. The interview process was handled by two managers and they were about 45 minutes each. The questions varied from "Name a time you exceeded a customers expectations?", "Name a time where a customer had a bad experience and you had to help them out?", " Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "What does the Hallmark Brand mean to you?" I then after was asked to take a bubble test that was about 185 questions, and read two small booklets that we're given to me before taking this test. This interview really forced me to think on a different level than I normally need to for a typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • He handed me a teddy bear from the store and asked me to role play and to sell it to him. He said he was looking for a specific way of selling it and it put me under an extreme amount of pressure. - "Name a time where your manager has coached you through something you weren't doing correctly, and explain the process to both went through to me step by step, and tell me what you got from the experience and how the coaching helped you?"   View Answer

CSA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

asked if we have any computer experience and also put us in a group interview. they gave us a quiz at the beginning of the interview and it was quite long considering we were only allowed 45 minutes

Interview Questions
    • asked what we liked about working at the airport   View Answer