Hallmark Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

1.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark in April 2014.

The interview process was easy, which was done over the phone, no hard question, the interviewee was knowledgeable of the process and she allowed me to start working faster than expected. My supervisor is so supportive of everything that I do, we have created a boned that allow her to trust me with the maximum work load and also she allow me to train incoming employees.

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2014.

Telephone interview scheduled but interviewer failed to call at appointed time. I contacted the company and had another telephone interview scheduled and interviewer called as expected. usual questions and information and was hired but how effective can a telephone interview be?

Interview Questions
    • Could tell the interviewer anything in a telephone interview. I don't think it is an effective way to hire.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

There was no negotiation.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark.

Phone interview with someone in Ohio. It took about 45 minutes. They asked very standard, easy questions that you could mostly answer with a yes or no. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. The paperwork was all done online.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark in June 2010.

Meet with interviewer at location of store to be serviced by the vendor. Basic questions about work history, general attitudes about life, and work availability. There was no drug test or criminal background check that I was aware of.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with difficult customers that want answers on the competitor, American Greetings, but not understanding you work for Hallmark.   Answer Question
    They offered an hourly salary and I countered with .50 cents more an hour and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Hallmark.

I applied online and several months later, when there was a store opening I got called by company. Asked me if still looking for work and I said yes. I than was given a telephone interview a few days later. They asked previous experience and what I found interesting about Hallmark, why I wanted to work there. A few days later I got call saying I was hired. They gave me my boss's contact information and said she would be setting up a time to meet me at my new stores.
    I was trained in my stores and several other stores for about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Was a very simple interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in July 2012.

Application was online and communication through email. I was interviewed on the phone and received phone call with job offer about 10 days later. Met with my manager for training on my first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, just an offer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hallmark.

Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Filled out and completed online application. Contingent upon submitted information, if a match, all available positions would be displayed. After applying you will be given the opportunity to schedule a phone interview either right away or at a later date (selected by you) requiring about 15min. The phone interview was very basic and monotone, just an overview of your personal information, the job position & requirements, also asking if physical ability would be an issue. I was then asked to summarize what was just asked of me to ensure that I understood the job in its entirety.

Interview Questions
    • I was a little taken off guard when asked to repeat back what she had just said to me and what was already submitted in the job discription   Answer Question
    Have not begun yet

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!