Hallmark Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and once I was done, immediately scheduled a phone interview. Waited a few days and had the interview. He asked a few questions, but then once we got to availability it was cut short due to not being able to come in for the hours that they wanted. So, because of that I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

After filling out my application online, I was prompted to select a time for a phone interview. I selected a date two days out and, when the day came, the woman called me right on time. She spoke very fast and explained the job duties to me. I would HIGHLY advise you to have a pen and paper nearby because you WILL be asked to repeat as much as you can back to your interviewer. Once that was over, I was asked basic questions about availability and just verifying information on my resume. Once it was over, I was told I'd hear back in the next 3-5 days, however, I got an e-mail offering me the position in less than 24 hours.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on Hallmark.com for the Retail Merchandising position. I immediately got an email requesting that I set up a phone interview. They gave me several days and several 15 minute time slots to choose from. I set up phone interview. Phone interview was fairly simple. They verified my prior and present work experience. Asked me "What I could bring to Hallmark if I worked there?" and "Where I see myself in 3 years?" The interviewer then told me I would get an email in the next 3-5 days. I received and email 2 days later stating the following..."We appreciate your interest and enjoyed learning more about your background and experiences. We will continue to assess candidates over the next few days and will be in touch as decisions are finalized. Please continue to monitor your email regarding the next steps in this process."...so now I am just waiting to hear back from them!

Interview Questions

• Phone Interviewer asked "Where do I see myself in 3 years?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email to schedule a phone interview which took place two days later. I had done my research and as others had suggested wrote down everything he said as he was describing the position duties and hours. He did indeed ask to repeat these back to him as I understood them to be. Within three days I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Communication after I accepted the offer and tried to get my start date was HORRIBLE and only started after I reached out multiple times to both my manager and supervisor. The supervisor was very unprofessional in her correspondence (broken English and bad grammar) and only after days was it let known to me that someone had already been hired for the location I applied for and that it was just assumed I would work for locations 33 and 60 miles from me! It took multiple emails to the both of them to get this clarified. I wrote the manager asking if this location confusion was true or not and that if so I would respectfully decline the position. I never got a response from the manager and the next day the supervisor finally responded saying nevermind she heard I had declined the job offer. I never got a straight answer on the location! The whole process was extremely frustrating and a major headache and I'm very upset that I was falsely mislead for such a long period of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hallmark (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

After a week they call the inter last about 15 minutes they call at what ever schedule time you applied. They ask several questions it was a guy he was nice. I could hear in typing in the background. Haven't heard anything from hallmark.

Interview Questions

• What are your land in the next 3 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

didnt meet anyone until i started job. phone interview was read off a screen and was very short. no sily questions just asking if i understood the job. and that is was part time, and the hours i would be working. was short. like 10 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very short 15min. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple questions to answer. Most of the questions are related to exactly what is posted in the job description. Can you do the job, lift heavy boxes, arrive by 8am to work for your shift, work before and after major holidays, can you start in 2 weeks, tell me about your last 2 jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain the job description as it was just described to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

it was short and on the phone - questions were easy and the second call was to offer the position and tell me the pay rate i tookthe job and it was not terrible but i didnt nget enogh training and its hard to get training when tehhours are so limited

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict   1 Answer

Negotiation

minimla negotiation they dont pay more than 9.50 to starting reps

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately scheduled a time for a phone interview. Got a call back a few days later with the job offer. It was an easy, straightforward experience.

Interview Questions

• Related job experience, years of experience, why want to work for company   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

The interview process after the initial application process requires a phone interview that makes you an offer if you are will to accept the hours and are committed to fulfilling the requirements of the job. Then it is very systematic, timely and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation just an offer and acceptance or decline