Hallmark Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very short 15min. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple questions to answer. Most of the questions are related to exactly what is posted in the job description. Can you do the job, lift heavy boxes, arrive by 8am to work for your shift, work before and after major holidays, can you start in 2 weeks, tell me about your last 2 jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain the job description as it was just described to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email to schedule a phone interview which took place two days later. I had done my research and as others had suggested wrote down everything he said as he was describing the position duties and hours. He did indeed ask to repeat these back to him as I understood them to be. Within three days I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Communication after I accepted the offer and tried to get my start date was HORRIBLE and only started after I reached out multiple times to both my manager and supervisor. The supervisor was very unprofessional in her correspondence (broken English and bad grammar) and only after days was it let known to me that someone had already been hired for the location I applied for and that it was just assumed I would work for locations 33 and 60 miles from me! It took multiple emails to the both of them to get this clarified. I wrote the manager asking if this location confusion was true or not and that if so I would respectfully decline the position. I never got a response from the manager and the next day the supervisor finally responded saying nevermind she heard I had declined the job offer. I never got a straight answer on the location! The whole process was extremely frustrating and a major headache and I'm very upset that I was falsely mislead for such a long period of time.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

After a week they call the inter last about 15 minutes they call at what ever schedule time you applied. They ask several questions it was a guy he was nice. I could hear in typing in the background. Haven't heard anything from hallmark.

Interview Questions

• What are your land in the next 3 years   1 Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately scheduled a time for a phone interview. Got a call back a few days later with the job offer. It was an easy, straightforward experience.

Interview Questions

• Related job experience, years of experience, why want to work for company   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

The interview process after the initial application process requires a phone interview that makes you an offer if you are will to accept the hours and are committed to fulfilling the requirements of the job. Then it is very systematic, timely and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation just an offer and acceptance or decline

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark in December 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was fast-paced. I felt rushed with my answers, but received an offer several hours later. I didn't think I did well in the interview because the interviewer told me about 3 times that we need to move on.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about my work history; why do you want this job; can you do the job.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in December 2014.

Interview

The interview, via the telephone, was scheduled after I completed the application process. On the morning of the interview, I received a call from a Blocked number. The interviewer identified himself as the interviewer for Hallmark then instructed me to speak slowly in order for him to type my replies to his questions. He basically repeated questions from the questions from the web application. He explained what would happen next in the interview process. It took about 10 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked: "Where do you see yourself in 3 years?"   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a email telling me I could set up an interview. A week later I got a call it lasted like 10 minutes. She just asked basic stuff like why would I be good for this job. She asked me to describe the job I'm applying for and asked my availability. It was pretty easy. Then she told me I would receive a call within ten days if I got the job or an email if I didn't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

The online application was a breeze to complete. The interview took about 15 minutes by phone. I was surprised at the speed of the offer for employment and the entire process was completed via internet or phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked about salary, but did not enter into negotiation.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.