Hallmark

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Phone interview with someone in Ohio. It took about 45 minutes. They asked very standard, easy questions that you could mostly answer with a yes or no. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. The paperwork was all done online.

Interview Question – None! Honestly, it was super easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Lexington, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hallmark in June 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with interviewer at location of store to be serviced by the vendor. Basic questions about work history, general attitudes about life, and work availability. There was no drug test or criminal background check that I was aware of.

Interview Question – How to deal with difficult customers that want answers on the competitor, American Greetings, but not understanding you work for Hallmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an hourly salary and I countered with .50 cents more an hour and they accepted.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – I applied online and several months later, when there was a store opening I got called by company. Asked me if still looking for work and I said yes. I than was given a telephone interview a few days later. They asked previous experience and what I found interesting about Hallmark, why I wanted to work there. A few days later I got call saying I was hired. They gave me my boss's contact information and said she would be setting up a time to meet me at my new stores.
I was trained in my stores and several other stores for about two weeks.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected. Was a very simple interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hallmark in July 2012.

Interview Details – Application was online and communication through email. I was interviewed on the phone and received phone call with job offer about 10 days later. Met with my manager for training on my first day on the job.

Interview Question – What are. My strengths   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just an offer

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview Details – Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for hallmark   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out and completed online application. Contingent upon submitted information, if a match, all available positions would be displayed. After applying you will be given the opportunity to schedule a phone interview either right away or at a later date (selected by you) requiring about 15min. The phone interview was very basic and monotone, just an overview of your personal information, the job position & requirements, also asking if physical ability would be an issue. I was then asked to summarize what was just asked of me to ensure that I understood the job in its entirety.

Interview Question – I was a little taken off guard when asked to repeat back what she had just said to me and what was already submitted in the job discription   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not begun yet

Yucca Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hallmark in May 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application, was selected for a interview, chose the first one available, was asked basic questions about my customer svc skills. Was told that my info would be forwarded.

Interview Question – None. It's really simple, you get trained.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The regional mngr called and ask would I accept the job, I stated yes so she emailed me my supervisors info. All communiciation is paid and done via email. Goodluck!

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hallmark in October 2012.

Interview Details – after completing an online questionnaire i received an email to schedule a phone interview. they gave 15 minutes intervals through out the day up to 10pm. She called me 4 minutes before time scheduled. It started off with her reading the description from a script, same info you see in job posting. Asked about work history, years with co's and what jobs entailed. she asked only a few questions and confirmed that i was willing to do all of the requirements. she asked how soon after acceptance i could start, said i would hear back within 10 days. I have received emails when they have openings in my area, applied 2 months ago, 3 emails of jobs.

Interview Question – asked about work history and ability to do all tasks, but nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hallmark in January 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call one month later after applying on their website. A phone interview was conducted asking 5-7 basic customer service questions such as, what would you do if you could not immediately solve a problem.

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hallmark

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hallmark Retail Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hallmark employees and interview candidates.