Hallmark Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

1.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

The online application was a breeze to complete. The interview took about 15 minutes by phone. I was surprised at the speed of the offer for employment and the entire process was completed via internet or phone.

Interview Questions
I asked about salary, but did not enter into negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

Completed online application at hallmark.com. Received initial call within 2 weeks. Had initial interview the following week, visited store and met with Supervisor. Accepted job and started a week later. Received a week of on-the-job training.

There was no negotiation.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in April 2014.

The interview process was easy, which was done over the phone, no hard question, the interviewee was knowledgeable of the process and she allowed me to start working faster than expected. My supervisor is so supportive of everything that I do, we have created a boned that allow her to trust me with the maximum work load and also she allow me to train incoming employees.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark.

I applied and scheduled a phone interview for a week in advance. The questions were very basic and easy. I received a phone call a week later with a job offer. I started three days later.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question. They will ask you to repeat the job posting, so it's helpful to have it in front of you!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Hallmark in February 2014.

Telephone interview scheduled but interviewer failed to call at appointed time. I contacted the company and had another telephone interview scheduled and interviewer called as expected. usual questions and information and was hired but how effective can a telephone interview be?

Interview Questions
    • Could tell the interviewer anything in a telephone interview. I don't think it is an effective way to hire.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hallmark.

Phone interview with someone in Ohio. It took about 45 minutes. They asked very standard, easy questions that you could mostly answer with a yes or no. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. The paperwork was all done online.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark.

I applied online and several months later, when there was a store opening I got called by company. Asked me if still looking for work and I said yes. I than was given a telephone interview a few days later. They asked previous experience and what I found interesting about Hallmark, why I wanted to work there. A few days later I got call saying I was hired. They gave me my boss's contact information and said she would be setting up a time to meet me at my new stores.
    I was trained in my stores and several other stores for about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Was a very simple interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

Contacted through email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding your previous work experience, an explanation of the position of a retail merchandiser and why you want to work for this company. Very short, only lasted 15 mins.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

Filled out and completed online application. Contingent upon submitted information, if a match, all available positions would be displayed. After applying you will be given the opportunity to schedule a phone interview either right away or at a later date (selected by you) requiring about 15min. The phone interview was very basic and monotone, just an overview of your personal information, the job position & requirements, also asking if physical ability would be an issue. I was then asked to summarize what was just asked of me to ensure that I understood the job in its entirety.

Interview Questions
    • I was a little taken off guard when asked to repeat back what she had just said to me and what was already submitted in the job discription   Answer Question
    Have not begun yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark in October 2012.

after completing an online questionnaire i received an email to schedule a phone interview. they gave 15 minutes intervals through out the day up to 10pm. She called me 4 minutes before time scheduled. It started off with her reading the description from a script, same info you see in job posting. Asked about work history, years with co's and what jobs entailed. she asked only a few questions and confirmed that i was willing to do all of the requirements. she asked how soon after acceptance i could start, said i would hear back within 10 days. I have received emails when they have openings in my area, applied 2 months ago, 3 emails of jobs.

Interview Questions
    • asked about work history and ability to do all tasks, but nothing unexpected.   Answer Question