Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

The interview process went great. The manager was extreamly nice and genuinely cared about what I had to say. I took a 180 question test on spot. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
  • If I where a confused customer how would you handle me?   1 Answer
  • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy and brief and was offered a job on the spot. I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a manager! She made me feel comfortable and it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were typical and easy such as, how would you react to a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

There were many interviews with a personality test. I applied in store, you cannot apply online. They want to make sure you are a good fit so there are many interviews. New management is not very selective - unfortunate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Back in 2002, the interview process was rather simple. I was asked a few questions about my personal and career goals. There was no employee test being used at that time so I just interviewed with an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall there being a difficult question during my interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Interview lasted 10 minutes. A test took an hour. It was a personality type test. There were 200 yes or no questions. Many of the questions were asked more than once

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hallmark (Towson, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied in person in August, they called me late October, needed seasonal people but promised to keep me after holidays if good fit for job. Very easy interview, a few questions like what you liked best at last job or what you liked worst. After there was a long but easy true or false ethics survey.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive service experience you had in a store where you were the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange Hlds, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hallmark (Lagrange Hlds, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Group Setting Interview, with a questionnaire at the end. Group was of three people, one interviewer. Told to select an item within the store, asked to sell that product to them as if they were a customer.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Plano, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I walked into Hallmark and asked if they were hiring. I was given a paper application to fill out and when I brought it back I was told the manager liked to put a name to a face so she was brought out so I could meet her. The manager then asked me a few questions about myself. She asked me whether I was in school, what kind of work I was looking for (part or full time) and then asked me if I could come in a few days later for a personality test. Obviously I did well because a few days later I was asked to come in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

It was on telephone. I missed it twice but they reached me however and asked questions and typed along so may be he wasn't the manager. Later I got an email and call confirming my employment

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Why did you apply? What you have to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Dropped an application off, PEP test ( which they later did not use for other applicants), interview asked lots of questions why I wanted to work here, I jumped though a lot of hoops to get an interview for this job. The specific location that i worked was only hiring females.

Interview Questions

• why hallmark, what do we sell, whats our top product that we sell....   Answer Question