Hallmark

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark.

There were many interviews with a personality test. I applied in store, you cannot apply online. They want to make sure you are a good fit so there are many interviews. New management is not very selective - unfortunate.

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Sales Associate Interview

Back in 2002, the interview process was rather simple. I was asked a few questions about my personal and career goals. There was no employee test being used at that time so I just interviewed with an assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall there being a difficult question during my interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hallmark.

Interview lasted 10 minutes. A test took an hour. It was a personality type test. There were 200 yes or no questions. Many of the questions were asked more than once

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark in November 2014.

Applied in person in August, they called me late October, needed seasonal people but promised to keep me after holidays if good fit for job. Very easy interview, a few questions like what you liked best at last job or what you liked worst. After there was a long but easy true or false ethics survey.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a positive service experience you had in a store where you were the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hallmark.

There weren't any solicitations for positions open, however, I was able to approach the store manager and ask if they were hiring. The line of questioning was pretty straight forward. I felt comfortable and because I had prior experience in sales, that was a plus. After the initial interview, there is a test you have to take to determine if you can handle simple transactions and consumer issues.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is clearly upset and not satisfied with their purchase and they do not have a receipt for the item purchased, how would you perform that transaction?   Answer Question
    I was able to somewhat negotiate. Whenever you ask for a certain salary range, it gets a little sticky, but it was overall just a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hallmark.

I dropped off my resume at the store and was called within a few days. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, which was very simple and straight forward. I'm sure it helped that I was definitely qualified and was looking for a part-time position. I was offered the job that day and started pretty much immediately.

I did not try to negotiate.

Easy interview

Sales Associate Interview

filled out paper application, was called a week later to come in to interview, manager asked basic questions such as my work history, why i left my past jobs, and why i want the position and how hallmark will help me in my life

Interview Questions
    • whats the difference between customer service and sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark in May 2013.

I received a call about two weeks after I handed in the application in store, along with my resume. I arrived early, and had to wait for the two interviewers to come out. One was a general manager, the other was the store manager. We walked to the food court where the interview was held. It was a casual interview, and I was told I would receive a call if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you have that makes you fit for this job.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark in February 2013.

I applied in person and was asked a few simple pre-interview questions just after I handed in the application. It took a little less than 3 weeks to receive and interview. The interview process was handled by two managers and they were about 45 minutes each. The questions varied from "Name a time you exceeded a customers expectations?", "Name a time where a customer had a bad experience and you had to help them out?", " Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "What does the Hallmark Brand mean to you?" I then after was asked to take a bubble test that was about 185 questions, and read two small booklets that we're given to me before taking this test. This interview really forced me to think on a different level than I normally need to for a typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • He handed me a teddy bear from the store and asked me to role play and to sell it to him. He said he was looking for a specific way of selling it and it put me under an extreme amount of pressure. - "Name a time where your manager has coached you through something you weren't doing correctly, and explain the process to both went through to me step by step, and tell me what you got from the experience and how the coaching helped you?"   View Answer