Hallmark Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hallmark (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied online in February and was called in March for one interview, then in April for the second interview, and now we are going into May and I still never heard back from the person who interviewed me three times and took three hours of my life away without any feedback or follow up email!!! The district manager in the area seems extremely disorganized and not very proactive at all. I started the interview process with a positive Idea of Hallmark and left with a very negative idea.

Interview Questions

• The second and third interviews ..... I was asked the exact same questions because the interviewer had forgot what he asked me the second time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Denver, CO).

Interview

The hiring process was quite long and drawn-out but was not unpleasant. Typical interview questions during the two major interviews with the District and Regional managers. It took about 3 weeks to receive an offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation was offered. The offer was made and I either accepted or declined and moved on. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Called for a 1st interview with the training manager, 2nd the DM and 3rd with the RM.Never made it to the 2nd interview , I didn't pass the personally test. It is given during the 1st . Interview was not as detailed as most pretty straight forward. Only took 35 mins, told it normally takes 2 hours. because of the test. I read pretty fast so it didn't take as long.

Interview Questions

• What iss the one thing you would change about your performance at your last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Honolulu, HI) in August 2012.

Interview

Here it was phone then local then flying to mainland for an interview a month long process.

Interview Questions

• None really, but a serious lack of honesty from management to manager on the reall issues of the store masked a lot of big issues sadly found out after hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, they paid a little less then I went in with, made it clear it was a final offer

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Lees Summit, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

Sent application online and was contacted for interview 3 weeks later.Interviewed by Assistant Manager setting in for manager who had a meeting.Pulled out interview sheet and read questions and checked off my answers.was not particularly interested in process and not comfortable with it either.

Interview Questions

• How i would merchandise part of store when i had no experience in those type of goods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Wayne, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is very slow. I really wanted to take the job but I did not have time for all of the interviews!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Madison, WI) in January 2007.

Interview

Short conversation on the phone followed by two in person interviews with the district manager. The second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation in which a subordinate was drinking alchohol on the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted offer without negotiations.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hallmark (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Basic phone screening with district manager to assess your interest and salary expectations.
    1 st interview then scheduled with the district manager, it is overall informal in manner, goes through previous employment.
    Then must write an aptitude questionnaire of 180 questions this is overall assessing your integrity, work ethic, customer service, work attendance habits, etc. If you receive a "pass" they proceed to next step which is to check your 2 references These can be more detailed than your actual interview .Last step, before an offer is made there is an interview with regional manager via Skype.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to past work experience.
      Why do you want to work for hallmark.
      How do people describe you, why
      Who are you outside of work.
      Basic questions related to performance management, actions you took.
      How do you motivate team.
      How you drove sales
      Why you left previous positions.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on previous experience, previous salary, they have a salary scale for sales volume, there is wiggle room. As any negotiation, you come in high, they come in low, then find a middle ground.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hallmark in March 2009.

Interview

Personality tests that ask 180 times if you are a thief - waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. How you work with people and your customer service style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Accepted offer as the pay was higher than I asked for.