Halloween City

Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in August 2012.

Went to a store in the building process for interview. District Manager gave first review outside of store and was friendly and focused on the company supplies interview guide. After the interview was done, he asked me to wait around a bit to see if the Regional Manager could continue. He was available and, again, very friendly. He must have been working from the same guide since he asked the same questions. After it was over, they asked me to fill out an application and sent me home. I got a call a couple of days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to make a full page ad selling yourself, but were only allowed three words, what would those words be?   Answer Question
    No negotiation ... set rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halloween City in July 2014.

I was initially contacted and did a Market Manager phone interview in July. I then did a personal follow up interview in mid August. The MM position I was interviewed for went to another, however, I expressed interest in a store as well. The more retail experience you have (apperal experience is a bonus) and desire to be around all things Halloween, the better. I began work late August (2 day training) and got my store after much delay in early September.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were not difficult, The revolved around what you saw as your personal growth, what did you need from your supervisors. How would you handle situations with customers and your employees.   Answer Question
    You can ask about salary and they will give you a base metric and guestimation on your recent experience. Returning managers make slightly more based on previous store sale sale and inventory shrink. Nothing is locked in until the Regional is contacted and signs off.

Temporary Store Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halloween City.

There was a sign on the door asking to email availability and a number. I did that and was contacted by the general manager to schedule an interview. The interview wasn't terribly hard; asked things like have you worked retail, how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. I got called back a week later with an offer and filled out some paperwork

Interview Questions
    • The company policy is no refunds. A customer complains that he/she was not aware of it and demands a refund. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2011.

Pretty easy interview I had a great time working here I would do it again.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in August 2011.

I don't remember application process, but got call for interview with short turn-around, was hired at end of one on one interview.

no negotiation.

Temporary Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halloween City in August 2011.

I came by the store one day around July and there was a sign on the door that said Job Fair and to send info to an email and you would receive info about the job fair. I got an email and went to the fair.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverton, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverton, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2013.

Phone call then came in to answer questions and brief over details

Interview Questions
    None I accepted started right away

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurricane, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurricane, WV

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halloween City.

Emailed resume. Contacted next day for interview with GM. Came in couple days later for interview with DM & was hired

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in August 2012.

Really getting this job is based off being part of the management team at a store from the seasons before. But my best advice is to start applying online in late July, they want GM's in place by early August. The interview is very easy, most questions will be about loss prevention, and going over your experience in management.

Interview Questions
    • What plan would you have to deal with loss prevention?   Answer Question
    The first offer given will be a low-ball offer, most likely the base pay for their scale. Ask for more if you have management experience, and they will give it to you. try for at least 2900 a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halloween City in September 2011.

I walked in and asked for a job. I got the job simply because i'm a "pretty girl with a nice chest" to work the "hot wall".

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager. Left, not even 10 minutes later, I got a call from the manager asking where I had gone, he wants me to start immediately.   Answer Question