Halloween City

1.6

Halloween Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waycross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waycross, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2011.

Very quick and easy at temporary stores. They post an email address at the new location in an empty store. Emails and people who come to the meeting date are employed first, as well as people who've previously worked there. Everyone else is hired after and the store is liberal in taking applications. If you are recommended by a friend, you are 80% more likely to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions were asked other than availability. Interviewer was kind and able to adjust to any schedule.   Answer Question
    No loopholes or extended questions, no filling out endless employment questionnaires..very wonderful in the world of work.

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Halloween City.

I had 2 interviews, one with GM and another with RM. Very easy interview they asked questions like ..do I like Halloween and asked how my previous jobs would help me with this one They are really looking at your personality and what your availability is.

I asked for 14.00/ hr and they gave me 11.00/ hr

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halloween City in July 2012.

Three interviews total all good

Good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halloween City in September 2011.

I walked in and asked for a job. I got the job simply because i'm a "pretty girl with a nice chest" to work the "hot wall".

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager. Left, not even 10 minutes later, I got a call from the manager asking where I had gone, he wants me to start immediately.   Answer Question

Temporary Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2013.

Anthony( store Manager) hired me on the spot he was friendly and liked that fact that I had worked in retail for many years upon applying for position. I was able to arrange my schedule to meet my other job requirements and also to accomadate the schedule of my husband

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2013.

My dad told me that he saw there help wanted ad on Craigslist so I gave them a call and was able to setup a time and date for me to come to fill out the job application and I also got interviewed and hired on that same exact day.

Interview Questions
    Nothing was done for the negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Halloween City in September 2014.

Walked around the store for 30 minutes air so after giving my application to the assistant manager ( a she). Had met manager ( a he) day prior. He came in later and saw me, went to look at application. Went to help a couple looking for yard stakes and the husband said "Do you work here?""No, but I just put in an application, he's (manger looking at it right now.""You definitely should work here, we'll let them know." (They didn't, which I didn't expect them to.) Then in about ten minutes or so, came to find me and took me back to the office/desk. Gave me a short interview, the basic questions, why do you want to work here?, what do you know about this job? the works, asked me about permits and legal work things, and that was it, gave me the job right there. Thought I'd be more nervous than I really was. Overall, an excellent experience. FIRST JOB!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, a pretty straight forward guy. Good vibe, not stiff or uptight. Really nice guy.   Answer Question

Cashier, Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

interviewed at Halloween City in September 2014.

I saw the hiring sign in the window while shopping. I went in and inquired as to whether or not they were actually hiring and whether or not they had an application or wanted a resume. I waited while an application was presented to me. I filled it out, brought it back the next day and was interviewed on the spot.

My interviewer was friendly, professional and seemed responsible and flexible. She asked me to identify how some merchandise was grouped. Then she asked me some moral character questions and notified me that she would email me when and if I was chosen to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found yourself in the position of having to steal for your family? I was very much taken aback because most people that I know believe that a good employee does not steal under any circumstances unless the product taken is essential in completing a task for an assigned or implied job (like choosing the best product to tote to a trade show out of town and taking it to sell).   View Answer

Halloween City Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I went in and applied and 2 weeks later I was called in and I got the job I had to fill out paper work and lots of questions it was a great job and I really enjoyed this job a lot I hate that it was only seasonal but ill be back next year that's without a doubt

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halloween City in October 2014.

Well one day I went job hunting and came across this new store called Halloween City went in ask if they were still hiring and the I was told fill out the application and I could start that day.

Interview Questions
    • Unpacking boxes and getting the merchandise on the floor in time.   Answer Question