Halogen Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halogen Software.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 2 weeks. 1 phone interview based on Java concepts. 1 technical and 2 interviews with an HR and the manager each on-site.

Interview Question – Know your java basics very well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halogen Software.

Interview Details – The most thorough interview process I've ever undertaken - initial email from Canadian recruiter which lead to 1-1.5 hour phone call, then 1 hour phone call with someone from the global team followed by 30-45 minute group interview on-site with a couple of case studies. Feedback was provided 2-3 weeks later from another recruiter staff from Halogen.

Interview Question – "What are your plans for the next five years?" was probably the most important filter for them when it comes to screening candidates.   View Answer

Do Not Waste Your Time Here Interview

Do Not Waste Your Time Here
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halogen Software in July 2012.

Interview Details – 4 interview process.
phone phone, in person teechnical
in person manager.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Halogen Software in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was a joke, very few questions, they get you to do a psychological profile test, that anyone can fake - no value to this at all. Most hiring is based on you already knowing someone there, if you do you have the job. There are no tests unless it is for IT but even then it is who you know.

Negotiation Details – none

Training Consultant Interview

Training Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halogen Software.

Interview Details – I interviewed on the phone only. They hired me based on my qualifications and recommendations.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - set rate for Consultants

Implementation Manager Interview

Implementation Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halogen Software in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very pleasant interviewer. He was very relaxed and down to earth. Did not drill me into the ground with hard questions. Questions were very pertinent. Overall, very nice experience. Wish I wasn't as nervous as I was.

Interview Question – What was my biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halogen Software in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty good. Standard who are you what would you do if...
There was a general skill test with javascript, Java, HTML, data modelling and SQL
then an offer

Interview Question – The sql part was hardest for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pretty non existent. this is the pay this is the bonus take it or leave it.

Worked for Halogen Software? Contribute to the Community!