Halogen Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Sales Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Following a phone interview was a second interview that was actually an unstructured conversation where we delved into the sales process, markets, future plans for growth, etc. The sales manager was very knowledgeable and the interview itself was very enjoyable. I was surprised at both the lack of technical questions and how I was not asked at all about my educational background and experience. I did try, however, to insert the information about my own background that I thought was the most relevant into the 'conversation.'

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me why you think you are the right person for the job   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online for about 3 months and didn't get any response so i went to the office personally to meet with the HR manager. He was a very pleasant and polite guy and asked for my name. I got an email from Him about 3 days later with a phone interview appointment

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions e.g. tell us about yourself, Describe a situation where you had to do something extraordinary at work etc   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process appeared to be thorough, fair and an efficient process. The human resources contact and hiring manager seemed very capable. They were very interested in finding the absolute best candidate for the position. They indicated that it is a very fast-paced environment to work in and that they enjoyed working at the company.

Software Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

HR contacted through email after submitting resume in Career fair. (30 mins telephonic round)
    Then she scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager including 2 more tech leads.
    He then handed me the java questions to check if i knew the basics of java.(took roughly 1.5 hour)
    Later in week HR informed me about the decision by email.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were mostly based on resume. Very simple.
      Hiring manager asked few behavioural question, some questions on project and courses I took. How would you test any software, UI Testing, Silk, Selinium etc. also asked programming question related to object oriented concepts(abstraction, polymorphism etc) SQL query based questions.

Answer Question
    • He then asked if i checked the halogen website
      He asked me if i ever did automation testing

Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was great. Face to face not so much. Seemed at time a burden as if manger was going through the motion. HR was great and professional. Reception did not seem very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What would come back to bite me 6 months down the road if I hired you?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks. 1 phone interview based on Java concepts. 1 technical and 2 interviews with an HR and the manager each on-site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halogen Software.

Interview

The most thorough interview process I've ever undertaken - initial email from Canadian recruiter which lead to 1-1.5 hour phone call, then 1 hour phone call with someone from the global team followed by 30-45 minute group interview on-site with a couple of case studies. Feedback was provided 2-3 weeks later from another recruiter staff from Halogen.

Interview Questions

• "What are your plans for the next five years?" was probably the most important filter for them when it comes to screening candidates.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview by 2 people. The people were very friendly and seemed to be genuinely interested in learning about me rather than the standard, "describe a situation where you .." questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd ever used a product such as theirs in my career at other employers   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Halogen Software in October 2013.

Interview

I first filled out online application and then got an email to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. Questions are like: introduce yourself, what do you know about the company and the position, your biggest achievement, a time when you overcame a problem, your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, etc. Most of them are behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Not really. All of them are very common questions. But I did not make to the second around which would be held in Ottawa.   Answer Question

Training Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halogen Software.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone only. They hired me based on my qualifications and recommendations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None - set rate for Consultants