Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton College - New York
- Lab Consultant (1)
- Administrator (1)
- Admission Representative (1)
- Faculty (1)
- Help Desk Assistant (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York.
The interview lasted for a whole day. I first met with current student representatives in a group interview format. They were very concerned with an outsider's ability to fully represent the school. I also ate lunch with them and while it wasn't formally part of the process, I'm sure conduct during lunch counted in the evaluation. I then met with the Director of Admissions for a one on one interview and then other associate directors for another group interview. The interview ended with a tour around campus and a stop at the HR office to discuss benefits and salaries.
- Why Hamilton? Give us a one minute spiel as if you were working an event. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY) in June 2009.
Was OK, but not very personable.
- Why are you interested in the position? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in June 2011.
it was a whole business day of interviews, each interview containing a group of 4 or 5 people in separate teams. I was first contacted and had my first interview with the manager of the team before the series of interviews. I heard back from them within two weeks, which was pretty quick. The interview process was pretty standard, so as long as you prepare for the questions, you'll be fine.
- There wasn't a particularly difficult or unexpected question. Answer Question
I regret not negotiating for a higher pay. I would recommend doing so.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in January 2010.
It was not too complicated. I simply went to see the hiring manager and talked to him about the position for about 20 minutes.
- How would you handle scenario X? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in March 2009.
This interview remains my number one "weird interview". There was not a single question that was specific to the actual job I applied for. Everyone on the committee wanted to know what I knew about their field .....hmmm.... The only questions that could pertain to the job was about knowledge of toxic waste disposal......hmmmm...twenty interviews later, still remains my utmost strange interview experience.
- They were all difficult because they did not pertain to the job I applied for. Seems like they were not familiar with my field and opted to ask questions about their respective areas. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review