Hamilton College - New York

Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton College - New York

Admission Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton College - New York.

The interview lasted for a whole day. I first met with current student representatives in a group interview format. They were very concerned with an outsider's ability to fully represent the school. I also ate lunch with them and while it wasn't formally part of the process, I'm sure conduct during lunch counted in the evaluation. I then met with the Director of Admissions for a one on one interview and then other associate directors for another group interview. The interview ended with a tour around campus and a stop at the HR office to discuss benefits and salaries.

Interview Questions
    • Why Hamilton? Give us a one minute spiel as if you were working an event.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton College - New York in June 2009.

Was OK, but not very personable.

Help Desk Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hamilton College - New York in June 2011.

it was a whole business day of interviews, each interview containing a group of 4 or 5 people in separate teams. I was first contacted and had my first interview with the manager of the team before the series of interviews. I heard back from them within two weeks, which was pretty quick. The interview process was pretty standard, so as long as you prepare for the questions, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a particularly difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    I regret not negotiating for a higher pay. I would recommend doing so.

Lab Consultant Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hamilton College - New York in January 2010.

It was not too complicated. I simply went to see the hiring manager and talked to him about the position for about 20 minutes.

Faculty Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton College - New York in March 2009.

This interview remains my number one "weird interview". There was not a single question that was specific to the actual job I applied for. Everyone on the committee wanted to know what I knew about their field .....hmmm.... The only questions that could pertain to the job was about knowledge of toxic waste disposal......hmmmm...twenty interviews later, still remains my utmost strange interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were all difficult because they did not pertain to the job I applied for. Seems like they were not familiar with my field and opted to ask questions about their respective areas.   Answer Question