Hamilton Company

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014

2.0

Automation Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hamilton Company in February 2012.

I submitted a resume directly through the company website and received scheduling phone call. I then had an informal lunch interview with the Sr. Field Applications Manager to discuss the actual position and any of my concerns. I then had another formal lunch interview the following week with the local sales team covering much of the same information. The next day I received a phone call verbally offering me the position and two days later I had the offer packet in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • What my comfort level was with international travel.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hamilton Company in July 2010.

I was flown in to Reno and they rented a car for me and reserved a hotel room. I enjoyed being treated well in that way. The employment agent said that if they flew me in that I was almost certain to get an offer.

During the interview, it became obvious that someone on the team did not want me to be hired - it was as if they were trying to search for a question that I couldn't answer. What's more, while one interviewer disagreed with my answer, when I got home, I found my answer was more correct than his.

I got home and wrote a thank you note. I never heard anything back from them - no response even from the employment agency. What happened here? Since I go to the trouble to come to Reno, the least they could do is let me know they decided not to hire me. I am probably the right person for the job. While they offer a full relocation package, their benefit package is very stingy. Why would I want to work for them?

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Company in February 2010.

We simply chatted for about 40 minutes, nothing technical discussed. I thought it was going fine however the interviewer didn't think I'd prefer the amount of travel involved and that was that. Perhaps there was some internal disagreement over the need for the position and it covered too large of an area, I don't know. I was asked if I'd be willing to relocate to Reno and I told them no. Overall it was a rather odd experience.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate to Reno?   View Answer

Worked for Hamilton Company? Contribute to the Community!