Hamilton Company Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.2

Electro-Mechanical Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke to Eddie at a job fair and he was informative and seemed interested in me. A few days later he called me and asked if I would like to come in for an interview which was set for the next day. He sent me an application and a list of benefits. They had me take a pre-employment test consisting of a basic English skills assessment, a math and reasoning assessment and an assessment of my attention to detail. After we finished we set another appointment to meet with the department supervisors. If I had not had to return to my current job we would have done that directly following the initial interview. We toured the facility, they showed me some of their current projects, and they asked me about my experience. I could tell right away that the job wasn't for me, I was looking to get more experience with electronics but this was primarily a mechanical assembly job. I was to speak to the HR manager next and I believe they would have offered me the job but I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself kind of stuff. When it came time for me to ask questions he was very forthcoming and answered to the best of his ability.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Very basic. First went on a tour around the facility and got a little history review of the company. Next, sat in a room where at three different times, an engineer came in from a different department and asked a few technical questions. Very friendly environment, didn't get the internship but was impressed by the kind workplace.

Automation Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hamilton Company in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume directly through the company website and received scheduling phone call. I then had an informal lunch interview with the Sr. Field Applications Manager to discuss the actual position and any of my concerns. I then had another formal lunch interview the following week with the local sales team covering much of the same information. The next day I received a phone call verbally offering me the position and two days later I had the offer packet in the mail.

Interview Questions

• What my comfort level was with international travel.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

I was flown in to Reno and they rented a car for me and reserved a hotel room. I enjoyed being treated well in that way. The employment agent said that if they flew me in that I was almost certain to get an offer.

During the interview, it became obvious that someone on the team did not want me to be hired - it was as if they were trying to search for a question that I couldn't answer. What's more, while one interviewer disagreed with my answer, when I got home, I found my answer was more correct than his.

I got home and wrote a thank you note. I never heard anything back from them - no response even from the employment agency. What happened here? Since I go to the trouble to come to Reno, the least they could do is let me know they decided not to hire me. I am probably the right person for the job. While they offer a full relocation package, their benefit package is very stingy. Why would I want to work for them?

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

We simply chatted for about 40 minutes, nothing technical discussed. I thought it was going fine however the interviewer didn't think I'd prefer the amount of travel involved and that was that. Perhaps there was some internal disagreement over the need for the position and it covered too large of an area, I don't know. I was asked if I'd be willing to relocate to Reno and I told them no. Overall it was a rather odd experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to Reno?   1 Answer