Hamilton Company Interview Questions in Reno, NV

Updated May 20, 2015

Electro-Mechanical Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke to Eddie at a job fair and he was informative and seemed interested in me. A few days later he called me and asked if I would like to come in for an interview which was set for the next day. He sent me an application and a list of benefits. They had me take a pre-employment test consisting of a basic English skills assessment, a math and reasoning assessment and an assessment of my attention to detail. After we finished we set another appointment to meet with the department supervisors. If I had not had to return to my current job we would have done that directly following the initial interview. We toured the facility, they showed me some of their current projects, and they asked me about my experience. I could tell right away that the job wasn't for me, I was looking to get more experience with electronics but this was primarily a mechanical assembly job. I was to speak to the HR manager next and I believe they would have offered me the job but I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself kind of stuff. When it came time for me to ask questions he was very forthcoming and answered to the best of his ability.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Very basic. First went on a tour around the facility and got a little history review of the company. Next, sat in a room where at three different times, an engineer came in from a different department and asked a few technical questions. Very friendly environment, didn't get the internship but was impressed by the kind workplace.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hamilton Company (Reno, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

I was flown in to Reno and they rented a car for me and reserved a hotel room. I enjoyed being treated well in that way. The employment agent said that if they flew me in that I was almost certain to get an offer.

During the interview, it became obvious that someone on the team did not want me to be hired - it was as if they were trying to search for a question that I couldn't answer. What's more, while one interviewer disagreed with my answer, when I got home, I found my answer was more correct than his.

I got home and wrote a thank you note. I never heard anything back from them - no response even from the employment agency. What happened here? Since I go to the trouble to come to Reno, the least they could do is let me know they decided not to hire me. I am probably the right person for the job. While they offer a full relocation package, their benefit package is very stingy. Why would I want to work for them?