Hamilton County Department of Education

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton County Department of Education

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education in June 2012.

Not to bad, spoke to principal and answered basic questions. As always you have to very enthusiastic and answer questions the way a great teacher would answer. Make sure that you make it clear that you can do whatever is asked of you throughout the year.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry parent in the classroom that was full of students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education in July 2011.

Most principals email prospective candidates from those who apply online. Some will call you to set up an interview, but most email. The interview could be just you & the principal or it could be an interview committee with several other faculty members. Each school asks different questions, but mostly about classroom management plans, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What was the last book you read for pleasure?   Answer Question
    There is none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education in March 2010.

I was contacted at the beginning of the work week for an interview. The interview was very casual and consisted of the principal and assistant principal. They asked me about 10 questions. Though I don't remember specifics, they were no questions that stood out as being unusual. I went in and I was just myself, answering the questions honestly. I found out the next day that I was being considered for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from other candidates?   View Answer
    • What special talents are you willing to contribute?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate the salary. Teachers are paid on the number of years of experience they have.