Hamilton Lane Advisors

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.2

Secondary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in June 2011.

Four one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions during the interview. The technical part was saved for the excel evaluation which focused on your knowledge of fundamental finance topics important to private equity as well as your excel skills. There was also a case study for which you had to write a short essay.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in May 2009.

General behavior questions. Interviewers are respectful and nice. There is a skill test in the end for basic spreadsheet skills and writing an essay.

Analyst Interview

12 rounds of extremely short (10min) interviews. All were with different people and almost every level of the company, including the CEO. Pretty cool stuff!

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this blackberry (hands it over)   View Answer

Receptiontist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in June 2012.

I was interviewed by 2 Managing Directors and 4 Vice Presidents as well as my direct boss. I was asked the same questions 6 times and have to provide the same answers 6 times as well. The interview process took two meetings as they were too busy to meet me at the scheduled times slots.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make this small office of 16 better organized?   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Entry Level Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in December 2008.

Did a phone interview with the HR. She was nice and very informative about the job duties and responsibilities. I was then offered a second interview with three employers whom I would be working with in a team. That went really well. They just wanted to see if you were fit for the job, if you fit in with the team and what you know/don't know. The third interview was with a manager who gave you more information about the job and projects. Ask a lot of questions.