Hamilton Lane Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Secondary Analyst Interview

Secondary Analyst
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in June 2011.

Interview Details – Four one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions during the interview. The technical part was saved for the excel evaluation which focused on your knowledge of fundamental finance topics important to private equity as well as your excel skills. There was also a case study for which you had to write a short essay.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in May 2009.

Interview Details – General behavior questions. Interviewers are respectful and nice. There is a skill test in the end for basic spreadsheet skills and writing an essay.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors

Interview Details – 12 rounds of extremely short (10min) interviews. All were with different people and almost every level of the company, including the CEO. Pretty cool stuff!

Interview Question – Sell me this blackberry (hands it over)   View Answer

Accounting/Finance Entry Level Interview

Accounting/Finance Entry Level

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in December 2008.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with the HR. She was nice and very informative about the job duties and responsibilities. I was then offered a second interview with three employers whom I would be working with in a team. That went really well. They just wanted to see if you were fit for the job, if you fit in with the team and what you know/don't know. The third interview was with a manager who gave you more information about the job and projects. Ask a lot of questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about private equity?   Answer Question

Worked for Hamilton Lane Advisors? Contribute to the Community!