Hamilton Relay

2.0

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frostburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frostburg, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hamilton Relay in July 2013.

I applied for the job and two months later they asked if I would like to come in for the test. I took a test that involved typing speed. I had to get at least a 60 to be a communication assistant. Then I had a spelling, grammar, and memory test. One has to pass all of that to qualify for an interview.

About 2 weeks later the HR asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. At the interview she told me everything about the hours days and benefits. I filled out a paper and signed for a background check. I was called a week later to start my three week training.

The training is very great. We learned what we need to know and was able to practice what we may experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in full time or part time?   View Answer
    I was able to change my hours before I started which was great.

Communication Assistant/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Relay in June 2012.

you take a typing, reading, and spelling test. not really difficult. They hire the most ghetto and trashy people. there have been shootings at the office because of the type of people they hire

Interview Questions
    • they don't really ask u any questions. as long as u can type 60 wpm you are good.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. once you get the job then they add more to you work load and threaten you job if u don't do what you are told to do

Caption Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Relay in February 2012.

i went there and met with a hiring manager. they take you through a series of test that consist of being able to repeat what the consumer says on the phone so the computer can process it in words being able to recognize errors of words during a recording that are not exactly what is on the paper they give you, you have to be able to type 35plus wpm and they also give you a spelling test and a typing test where you have a petal that you have to use to pause and type everything said on the earphones verbatim. I went twice the first time i got 14 out of 20 on the error test and spelling test and did good on being able to repeat whatever is said to me verbatim, i did good with the typing 35 wpm but i had trouble with the pause, i paused during the test for 5 seconds before proceeding. so i got scheduled to come in for a second time to pass that test. i got tested by a new person and scored about the same on everything and did better on my pause test. she said because i didnt get 17 out of 20 on my error recognizable test and my spelling test i am not hired. very nice people that work there during my experience, im writing this so people going to a interview with them can be better prepared in knowing what they are going to be tested on so they can practice to gain some type of knowledge of the skills that hamilton relay is requiring their employees to have. good luck everyone!!!!

Interview Questions
    • what is your understanding of caption relay   View Answer

Relay Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton Relay in September 2010.

I was an internal applicant so I was interviewed a week after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you provided feedback to an employee and they reacted negatively?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes a good leader?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for salary negotiation.