Hamilton Sundstrand

Hamilton Sundstrand Interview Questions

2.6

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

The interview was very friendly, and I was interviewed by three people in a "round robin" type fashion by the cell manager and two Manufacturing Engineers from my future cell. They asked pointed questions that drew me into discussing my various qualifications without my feeling that I was being "grilled." Since they made me feel comfortable I was able to be myself and let my knowledge, experience, and personality sell themselves. At the end of the interview I thanked them for their time. I was hired two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was entirely unexpected, but I replied, "Still doing my best work possible for this company."   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

One phone interview that I was offered my co-op job on the spot. Then worked 4 co-op sessions to be offered my full time job before leaving my last co-op job. No interview to get my job.

There was none.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

It was full day interview starting from sharp at 8AM till 3:30PM. Total seven interviewer where lined up from different area. Some were just providing exposure to work environment and company benefits. They were very clear about what they can offer and made sure I am comfortable with it. Since I was confident based on my past experience and clearly stated where I need to capture some more skills that required for position, they were very happy about upfront honesty. I think we impressed each other that made hiring process very smooth.

However, some benefits such as medical/dental, 401k are not so great compare to my previous employer. No vision care benefit. So far, work environment is friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions about handling some difficult situation in team work environment but I was able to tackle it. My listening skill helped me to come up with impromptu response to those questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Panel interview with five software project managers interview last a little over one hour. The interview was not stressful at all and everyone was very easy to talk to. The interview was not technical in my experience. During the entire interview I was only asked situational questions such as how I have handled situations with fellow coworkers/ fellow classmates. During the interview process I got the feeling the panel wanted to gauged my personality and determine how I would fit with the company as a whole and with the rest of the employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail how you turn clients desired outcome into requirements   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Initially met with representatives from the company at a career fair. Was invited to on-site visit where I had four to five interviews with various company engineers. Had an additional phone interview approximately one week later. The people seemed to be very honest and seemed to enjoy the diversity of work within the company.

Interview Questions

offer was lower than expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in March 2012.

Scheduled a in person interview through the phone. The in person interview took 2 hours long where I met with 4 individuals on a 1:1 basis, each for 30 minutes long. The interview questions were mainly behavioral questions. I received a offer letter a week later. They are pretty quick with the process and very responsive.

Senior Systems Team Lead/CAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in February 2012.

I received the name of an HR person from my previous HR people. I contacted the new HR person and they wanted a copy of my resume and wanted me to go to their website and check the open positions. There were many positions available for my talents. I submitted the resume also on their website. I spoke the HR people after they reviewed my resume. They wanted me to come for a face to face interview. I declined, I live too far away.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in August 2011.

I submitted my resume on UTC career website, was called in for interview after 2 mouths.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you experienced difficulty and how you resolved the problem   Answer Question

EHS Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in May 2011.

I was interviewed by a group of engineers. A total of 8 poeple. The manager is such a nice person.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself down the career path?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in February 2011.

Discussion with a number of employees and managers.