Hamilton Sundstrand

Relevance Date Difficulty

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician Interview

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – The interview was very friendly, and I was interviewed by three people in a "round robin" type fashion by the cell manager and two Manufacturing Engineers from my future cell. They asked pointed questions that drew me into discussing my various qualifications without my feeling that I was being "grilled." Since they made me feel comfortable I was able to be myself and let my knowledge, experience, and personality sell themselves. At the end of the interview I thanked them for their time. I was hired two weeks later.

Interview Question – The question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was entirely unexpected, but I replied, "Still doing my best work possible for this company."   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – One phone interview that I was offered my co-op job on the spot. Then worked 4 co-op sessions to be offered my full time job before leaving my last co-op job. No interview to get my job.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Windsor Locks, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in August 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on UTC career website, was called in for interview after 2 mouths.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you experienced difficulty and how you resolved the problem   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – It was full day interview starting from sharp at 8AM till 3:30PM. Total seven interviewer where lined up from different area. Some were just providing exposure to work environment and company benefits. They were very clear about what they can offer and made sure I am comfortable with it. Since I was confident based on my past experience and clearly stated where I need to capture some more skills that required for position, they were very happy about upfront honesty. I think we impressed each other that made hiring process very smooth.

However, some benefits such as medical/dental, 401k are not so great compare to my previous employer. No vision care benefit. So far, work environment is friendly.

Interview Question – There were some questions about handling some difficult situation in team work environment but I was able to tackle it. My listening skill helped me to come up with impromptu response to those questions.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Rockford, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in September 2008.

Interview Details – one telephone interview got me hired!

Interview Question – it was all easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation; they met my salary request

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Hartford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initially met with representatives from the company at a career fair. Was invited to on-site visit where I had four to five interviews with various company engineers. Had an additional phone interview approximately one week later. The people seemed to be very honest and seemed to enjoy the diversity of work within the company.

Interview Question – What can you do for the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – offer was lower than expected

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview with five software project managers interview last a little over one hour. The interview was not stressful at all and everyone was very easy to talk to. The interview was not technical in my experience. During the entire interview I was only asked situational questions such as how I have handled situations with fellow coworkers/ fellow classmates. During the interview process I got the feeling the panel wanted to gauged my personality and determine how I would fit with the company as a whole and with the rest of the employees.

Interview Question – Describe in detail how you turn clients desired outcome into requirements   Answer Question

Human Resource Intern Interview

Human Resource Intern
Windsor Locks, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was told what the position required and tasks expected to be performed. I was asked if I was interested and If i could do what was expected and confirmed I could. Hamilton wants someone who is confident. If you ever intern at Hamilton Sundstrand try to connect with people and contribute and ask questions in meetings that you are in. ASK lots of questions and try to learn as many things as possible, because they like to see a intern who is passionate and actually interested in the company.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were in a team. Explain how you work to get the task done and how you contributed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was emailed an offer and accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in March 2012.

Interview Details – Scheduled a in person interview through the phone. The in person interview took 2 hours long where I met with 4 individuals on a 1:1 basis, each for 30 minutes long. The interview questions were mainly behavioral questions. I received a offer letter a week later. They are pretty quick with the process and very responsive.

Interview Questions

Senior Systems Team Lead/CAM Interview

Senior Systems Team Lead/CAM
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received the name of an HR person from my previous HR people. I contacted the new HR person and they wanted a copy of my resume and wanted me to go to their website and check the open positions. There were many positions available for my talents. I submitted the resume also on their website. I spoke the HR people after they reviewed my resume. They wanted me to come for a face to face interview. I declined, I live too far away.

Interview Question – How long have you been a cost account manager?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton Sundstrand

Worked for Hamilton Sundstrand? Contribute to the Community!