Hamilton Sundstrand

28 candidate interviews

Technical Advisor Interview

Technical Advisor
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in December 2010.

Interview Details – Informal interview with hiring manager--position was an internal hire so it was a simple matter of me going to the hiring manager's office, minutes away from my deck. My interest in the position was only because of the geographical location of the job--San Francisco, CA. It would have been a much less challenging job for me. I believe politics, and not qualifications was the criteria for the job selection. I am very displeased that the hiring manager did not notify me personally that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Question – It was a very informal interview. There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview with five software project managers interview last a little over one hour. The interview was not stressful at all and everyone was very easy to talk to. The interview was not technical in my experience. During the entire interview I was only asked situational questions such as how I have handled situations with fellow coworkers/ fellow classmates. During the interview process I got the feeling the panel wanted to gauged my personality and determine how I would fit with the company as a whole and with the rest of the employees.

Interview Question – Describe in detail how you turn clients desired outcome into requirements   Answer Question

Winder Interview

Winder

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in June 2011.

Interview Details – they r satisfy from my side, after compaNY MD took my interview and they told me if this time u not get the job than next time definate we call u.unfortuantelly no trespone from them

Interview Questions

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Rockford, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in September 2008.

Interview Details – one telephone interview got me hired!

Interview Question – it was all easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation; they met my salary request

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – One phone interview that I was offered my co-op job on the spot. Then worked 4 co-op sessions to be offered my full time job before leaving my last co-op job. No interview to get my job.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician Interview

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – The interview was very friendly, and I was interviewed by three people in a "round robin" type fashion by the cell manager and two Manufacturing Engineers from my future cell. They asked pointed questions that drew me into discussing my various qualifications without my feeling that I was being "grilled." Since they made me feel comfortable I was able to be myself and let my knowledge, experience, and personality sell themselves. At the end of the interview I thanked them for their time. I was hired two weeks later.

Interview Question – The question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was entirely unexpected, but I replied, "Still doing my best work possible for this company."   Answer Question

Project Engineering Intern Interview

Project Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an intern position. Because it wasn't a full time employee, they held the interview over the phone. The project engineer was doing the majority of the talking on a telecon with about 2 other engineers in the same room as him. I was asked whether or not I knew what an APU exactly does, or the components of an APU. I did not know the details, which they didn't seem to be thrown off by. They asked me whether or not a non-technical position was fine with me. Overall not a tough interview, but the interview for full time employees are much harder.

Interview Question – Nothing too memorable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation,

Operations Management Interview

Operations Management

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's posting and got an email several days later for a phone interview. It was mainly personality and past experience based. Then I got invited for an on-site interview. It consisted of three one on one interviews. This again was personality and past experience based. Some questions regarded my past experience relating to the position at hand. Make sure you understand your strengths and weaknesses before the interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got call for interview next day.

Interview Question – What is a challenge with in the last year that you have had to overcome and how did you overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Windsor Locks, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in February 2011.

Interview Details – Discussion with a number of employees and managers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton Sundstrand

Worked for Hamilton Sundstrand? Contribute to the Community!