Hamilton Sundstrand

2.6

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in December 2010.

Informal interview with hiring manager--position was an internal hire so it was a simple matter of me going to the hiring manager's office, minutes away from my deck. My interest in the position was only because of the geographical location of the job--San Francisco, CA. It would have been a much less challenging job for me. I believe politics, and not qualifications was the criteria for the job selection. I am very displeased that the hiring manager did not notify me personally that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very informal interview. There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in December 2010.

Applied online. Got call for interview next day.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge with in the last year that you have had to overcome and how did you overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in June 2010.

They wanted to find out how i would react to certain situations...they were pretty tricky however. It was obvious that they were focusing on everything i was saying.

Human Resource Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in May 2010.

I was told what the position required and tasks expected to be performed. I was asked if I was interested and If i could do what was expected and confirmed I could. Hamilton wants someone who is confident. If you ever intern at Hamilton Sundstrand try to connect with people and contribute and ask questions in meetings that you are in. ASK lots of questions and try to learn as many things as possible, because they like to see a intern who is passionate and actually interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were in a team. Explain how you work to get the task done and how you contributed.   Answer Question
    I was emailed an offer and accepted the offer.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in December 2008.

Conversations about what the posiiton would require and to let each interviewer learn more about me and where I wanted to go and for me to get their impression of how I would or would not be a good fit. A pleasant no frills experience. The interviewers were also very clear about what their role and interaction would be with the person in this position and about how their personality would define that interaction. As good of a view as to how good of a fit and what to expect as you can get in a one-day multiple interview event.

Interview Questions
    Very straight-forward letting the hiring manager my counter offer and he replying with an achievable middle-ground new offer within a day. Very pleasant and quick.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in October 2008.

it was nice and i liked the building. San diego is also a nice touch

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in September 2008.

one telephone interview got me hired!

Interview Questions
    no negotiation; they met my salary request

Test Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in June 2008.

The interview process is 90% technical. You will be given schematics to look at and a verbal quiz on the circuit. Behavioral questions are basic like "have you ever had a problem with someone you worked with">

Interview Questions
    • (While looking at a schematic) What is the voltage at the base of this transistor?   Answer Question
    Offer came via email, did not negotiate.

Project Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interviewed for an intern position. Because it wasn't a full time employee, they held the interview over the phone. The project engineer was doing the majority of the talking on a telecon with about 2 other engineers in the same room as him. I was asked whether or not I knew what an APU exactly does, or the components of an APU. I did not know the details, which they didn't seem to be thrown off by. They asked me whether or not a non-technical position was fine with me. Overall not a tough interview, but the interview for full time employees are much harder.

No negotiation,

Financial Leadership Program Interview

After two years of interning, I applied for the FLP. If your in the company already you only have to fill out two essay questions and give your resume (and maybe a few other little details). Make sure to give a good impression throughout the internship because the interviewers ask your boss about how you are and how you fit with the company. After you land an interview, you go through two interview sessions, both about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about your resume, so make sure you know EVERYTHING.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you only can accept or decline.