Hammacher Schlemmer & Co.

www.hammacher.com

Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

ECommerce Merchandising Coordinator Interview

ECommerce Merchandising Coordinator
Niles, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. in March 2012.

Interview Details – A little weird in that I only did a quick screening with a recruiter and an onsite with one person (who wasn't my direct manager). Interviewed in the indoor "jungle" which was different from any interview I'd had before. Questions for this role were largely use case based, but the role was so broad in it's responsibilities that there was a bit of discussion about what in my background would fit the various day-to-day tasks.

Interview Question – Questions revolved around the business and how I would analyze certain things. Many use case type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate extra PTO time. Negotiate any technology you want because otherwise you'll never get it after the fact (ie. laptop, extra monitor).

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer at their office, just NE of Ohare. The office is very impressive with a lot of plants and even an area with a small water garden area.

However, it was clear that this place has high turnover because no one I met with had been there for more than 2 years. The HR person was very reluctant to discuss this.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard questions about my background and what other skills I may have to offer.   Answer Question
  • They asked how I would adapt to a rapidly changing position with little to no leadership/training.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – People seemed unsure about their own jobs and what my tasks would be.

The money was a little less than I was expecting for this position.

Worked for Hammacher Schlemmer & Co.? Contribute to the Community!