Hampton Inn

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Selinsgrove, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2013.

Interview Details – A few days after submitting my application, I received a phone call requesting me to come to a 1:1 interview.
This was probably the most informal interview I've been to. I was interviewed in the lobby by the general manager, in full view of the front desk. The GM was very nice - made me feel very comfortable. She talked a lot about her own advancement and how Hampton was a great company to work for. She was also very up front about the starting wage. The interview took about only about 15 minutes, and I was advised to expect an email from her by the end of the day. Unfortunately, this was yet another place that promises some type of correspondence back, but nothing comes.

Interview Question – There really weren't any - Just very casual.   Answer Question

Gettysburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2013.

Interview Details – GM called me right away to set up an interview. When I came in for my interview all the GM did was ask a few questions about me and then talk about the drama going on in the hotel. Very unprofessional. I was hired at the interview.

Interview Question – What are one of your weaknesses?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – Was asked about what my biggest strength and weakness was. How would i deal with working in a team. how i would deal with specific problems. Where did i work before applying to that position. reasons for why I left my previous positions. They asked me if i knew the OnQ system.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain in detail an experience i had with a customer where they were not being understanding, and what i did to diffuse the situation and satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not much room to negotiate, as i did not have much experience in hotels.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in December 2008.

Interview Details – Asked why I wanted the job, how I would add to the team

Interview Question – Asked what I liked the least about former employer/job. This can be a trick question.   Answer Question

North Conway, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was with the Hotels general manager, He was very friendly and was open to answer my questions. I was hired at the interview

Interview Question – Problem was I was asked to work in the Water Park as a attendant until there was an opening at the front Desk, The recent ad in the newspaper was for Front Desk. I accepted the job and never got to the front desk   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Look back on it before accepting

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2008.

Interview Details – I've been asked some of the typical interview questions, such as would you rather be in a job that offers you a higher wage or one that get to work in many departments, and why do you choose this job. There were no behavioural question asked. The General Manager was very genuine and he was the one conducting the interviews. Because it's a small hotel, the staff probably gossip about you while you're doing the interview. So I guess try to get on their good sides also, smile to them.

Interview Question – Are you planning to stay here for a long time?   View Answer

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – it was a friendly and motivating talk with my boss

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in the future   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i told my expectations and they were accepted

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in person and waited to get a call back and it didn't happen. I waited a week and called the hotel manager to follow up on my application. I applied at a great time as one of the current front desk agents was moving to another state. The interviewing process was fairly easy. The Assistant Manager who interviewed me was unorganized and didn't really know what to ask me. So, we just sat and talked for a while about the the type of guest I might encounter. I then was asked to sign forms for the background check etc. I was called back for an additional interview with the Operational Manager and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest achievement to date?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hampton Inn

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hampton Inn employees and interview candidates.