Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

1.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2011.

My interview was very quick and was pretty much hired on the spot. The manager that interviewed me was not very interested in the interview but did give me a good understanding of what I would be doing. The rest of the staff was very communicative of the workplace some were good things others were bad. Overall experience in my interview was ok.

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   View Answer
    none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Questions
    • The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

asked easy questions why do you want to work here

9 dollars an hour no nogociation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2011.

Takes about 2 weeks. Start with a regular paper application, interview with hiring manager, then with the department head, background and other reference check, orientation, and start your fun filled employment.

Anonymous Employee  in  Selinsgrove, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Selinsgrove, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2013.

A few days after submitting my application, I received a phone call requesting me to come to a 1:1 interview.
    This was probably the most informal interview I've been to. I was interviewed in the lobby by the general manager, in full view of the front desk. The GM was very nice - made me feel very comfortable. She talked a lot about her own advancement and how Hampton was a great company to work for. She was also very up front about the starting wage. The interview took about only about 15 minutes, and I was advised to expect an email from her by the end of the day. Unfortunately, this was yet another place that promises some type of correspondence back, but nothing comes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gettysburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2013.

GM called me right away to set up an interview. When I came in for my interview all the GM did was ask a few questions about me and then talk about the drama going on in the hotel. Very unprofessional. I was hired at the interview.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Was asked about what my biggest strength and weakness was. How would i deal with working in a team. how i would deal with specific problems. Where did i work before applying to that position. reasons for why I left my previous positions. They asked me if i knew the OnQ system.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain in detail an experience i had with a customer where they were not being understanding, and what i did to diffuse the situation and satisfy the customer.   Answer Question
    there was not much room to negotiate, as i did not have much experience in hotels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saratoga Springs, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in December 2008.

Asked why I wanted the job, how I would add to the team

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I liked the least about former employer/job. This can be a trick question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Conway, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in August 2008.

The interview was with the Hotels general manager, He was very friendly and was open to answer my questions. I was hired at the interview

Interview Questions
    • Problem was I was asked to work in the Water Park as a attendant until there was an opening at the front Desk, The recent ad in the newspaper was for Front Desk. I accepted the job and never got to the front desk   Answer Question
    Look back on it before accepting

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!