Hampton Inn

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Question – When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

Interview Details – I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Question – The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – asked easy questions why do you want to work here

Interview Question – they were all easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9 dollars an hour no nogociation

Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2011.

Interview Details – Takes about 2 weeks. Start with a regular paper application, interview with hiring manager, then with the department head, background and other reference check, orientation, and start your fun filled employment.

Interview Question – What can you contribute to this hotel specifically?   Answer Question

Selinsgrove, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2013.

Interview Details – A few days after submitting my application, I received a phone call requesting me to come to a 1:1 interview.
This was probably the most informal interview I've been to. I was interviewed in the lobby by the general manager, in full view of the front desk. The GM was very nice - made me feel very comfortable. She talked a lot about her own advancement and how Hampton was a great company to work for. She was also very up front about the starting wage. The interview took about only about 15 minutes, and I was advised to expect an email from her by the end of the day. Unfortunately, this was yet another place that promises some type of correspondence back, but nothing comes.

Interview Question – There really weren't any - Just very casual.   Answer Question

Gettysburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2013.

Interview Details – GM called me right away to set up an interview. When I came in for my interview all the GM did was ask a few questions about me and then talk about the drama going on in the hotel. Very unprofessional. I was hired at the interview.

Interview Question – What are one of your weaknesses?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – Was asked about what my biggest strength and weakness was. How would i deal with working in a team. how i would deal with specific problems. Where did i work before applying to that position. reasons for why I left my previous positions. They asked me if i knew the OnQ system.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain in detail an experience i had with a customer where they were not being understanding, and what i did to diffuse the situation and satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not much room to negotiate, as i did not have much experience in hotels.

Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in December 2008.

Interview Details – Asked why I wanted the job, how I would add to the team

Interview Question – Asked what I liked the least about former employer/job. This can be a trick question.   Answer Question

North Conway, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was with the Hotels general manager, He was very friendly and was open to answer my questions. I was hired at the interview

Interview Question – Problem was I was asked to work in the Water Park as a attendant until there was an opening at the front Desk, The recent ad in the newspaper was for Front Desk. I accepted the job and never got to the front desk   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Look back on it before accepting

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2008.

Interview Details – I've been asked some of the typical interview questions, such as would you rather be in a job that offers you a higher wage or one that get to work in many departments, and why do you choose this job. There were no behavioural question asked. The General Manager was very genuine and he was the one conducting the interviews. Because it's a small hotel, the staff probably gossip about you while you're doing the interview. So I guess try to get on their good sides also, smile to them.

Interview Question – Are you planning to stay here for a long time?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hampton Inn

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hampton Inn employees and interview candidates.