Hampton Inn

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

1.6

Front Desk Agent Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

Everyone was very professional, pleasant and warm. I saw the job on CL, sent in my resume and a short cover letter and about 4 days later I got an email back for an in person interview. I was hired at the interview. I was dressed professionally but also fashionable, since that's the kind of area I was in. A few days after the interview I was called to bring in my info for newhire paperwork and my training starts the day after.

Interview Questions
    • How have you previously dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    I didn't even remember to talk about the pay... -_-"

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   View Answer
    none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Questions
    • The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone interview the next evening around 6:30pm. Scheduled Face-to-face interview 3 days later. The interview was easy. She offered me the job pending a drug test and background check, which I passed. Didn't hear from the GM for a few days so I called and left her message. She emailed me saying I didn't get the job because I wouldn't "fit in" with the current employees. I was so confused.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were simple. We were just having a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

asked easy questions why do you want to work here

9 dollars an hour no nogociation

Anonymous Employee in Selinsgrove, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Selinsgrove, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2013.

A few days after submitting my application, I received a phone call requesting me to come to a 1:1 interview.
    This was probably the most informal interview I've been to. I was interviewed in the lobby by the general manager, in full view of the front desk. The GM was very nice - made me feel very comfortable. She talked a lot about her own advancement and how Hampton was a great company to work for. She was also very up front about the starting wage. The interview took about only about 15 minutes, and I was advised to expect an email from her by the end of the day. Unfortunately, this was yet another place that promises some type of correspondence back, but nothing comes.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Was asked about what my biggest strength and weakness was. How would i deal with working in a team. how i would deal with specific problems. Where did i work before applying to that position. reasons for why I left my previous positions. They asked me if i knew the OnQ system.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain in detail an experience i had with a customer where they were not being understanding, and what i did to diffuse the situation and satisfy the customer.   Answer Question
    there was not much room to negotiate, as i did not have much experience in hotels.