Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I walked in person, had a 15 min interview with the front office management, was given a business card with link to some online enquiries and tests. 30 min long, two parts, multiply choices first, then some simple IQ related math questions. Followed up, was told they are still deciding and interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• example of exceptional customer service you have provided   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very professional, pleasant and warm. I saw the job on CL, sent in my resume and a short cover letter and about 4 days later I got an email back for an in person interview. I was hired at the interview. I was dressed professionally but also fashionable, since that's the kind of area I was in. A few days after the interview I was called to bring in my info for newhire paperwork and my training starts the day after.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even remember to talk about the pay... -_-"

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

Negotiation

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2014.

Interview

Awesome, Saw craigslist ad called, went in for app, Interviewed next day got the call for the job the day after.The AGM interviewed me she was awesome. Fun and energetic. She had the right attitude for the job and her staff loved her. I got to meet them all after interview. They were very cool and welcoming. She told me I had the job in the interview but had to get pay approved by GM.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions. Past experiences? Why do you want to work the Hospitality industry? Ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I just recently moved and they offered xx/.xx an hour and i got them up 2 dollars!

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Questions

• When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

Interview

I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Questions

• The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview the next evening around 6:30pm. Scheduled Face-to-face interview 3 days later. The interview was easy. She offered me the job pending a drug test and background check, which I passed. Didn't hear from the GM for a few days so I called and left her message. She emailed me saying I didn't get the job because I wouldn't "fit in" with the current employees. I was so confused.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were simple. We were just having a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

asked easy questions why do you want to work here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

9 dollars an hour no nogociation