Hampton Inn

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hampton Inn

Interview Details – Very straight forward. They ask you about your experience, if you are good at speaking, friendly. yadda yadda

Guest Service Agent

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – Very informal, met in lobby and answered basic questions.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Guest Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – Walked in, spoke to the manager. Sat down while he got his paperwork ready. After countless cliche interview questions, they ask if you are interested in working for them. Say yes and paperwork will flood your desk.

Interview Question – If you were a fish, would you want to live in a small bowl or big bowl?   View Answer

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about the job from a friend at school. I applied online and there was an extensive application. After the basic application, there were several questions ranging from "What number comes next in this series?" to "What is the first letter of a 4 letter word meaning sun rising?" After I finished the online application, I waited about a week and a half before I heard anything from the GM. I was called and asked to come in for an interview. My first interview was exclusively with the GM. We talked about my past experiences with my internship, what I hoped to gain out of this experience, and my education. I followed up with a thank you email that evening. Approximately a week and a half later I was asked to come in for a second interview. After speaking with the GM some more, I was then interviewed by the sales manager. We talked some more about my internship I held the semester before. After that I went in the back office with the GM to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. It took about a week for my background check and drug test to come back and was hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you successfully handled a guest conflict at your internship?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chesterfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, interviewed, it took over two weeks for them to call me back to tell me I was accepted for the position.

Interview Question – It was very easy. Could tell management wasnt even sure HOW to interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated.

Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in March 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed my CV and Letter of Intent directly to HR and I received an affirmative answer in about an hour.
At the interview I was asked a lot of questions about Hampton's values, what they mean etc. and a lot of "what would you do if" and "explain a time when" questions.
The work schedule, as at every Hampton, is 8-hour shifts, BUT here in Cluj-Napoca the HR said they will alter this schedule by introducing 12-hour shifts with 24 free and 12-hour night shift with 48 free, because that's what employees want, but this schedule means fewer employees...
The downside was that the Guest Service Agent had to prepare breakfast in the morning and also serve at the bar! Even though specific jobs for these activities exist!
After the interview with the HR, the next interview would have been with the manager.
The overall impression was that the employees were quite stiff and perky and a shallow superior I saw talking with the receptionists.

Interview Question – How did you react when you received a negative feedback about your behavior?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hampton Inn

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hampton Inn Guest Service Agent interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hampton Inn employees and interview candidates.