Hampton Inn Interview Questions

1.7

GSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Awesome, very laid back and comfortable, was not done privately. very open and honest. Was not nervous or intimidated at all. Very Easy to talk to and speak with. Hired on the spot at salary requested. Plus ended up knowing the interviewer thru school

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hampton Inn in March 2015.

I walked in person, had a 15 min interview with the front office management, was given a business card with link to some online enquiries and tests. 30 min long, two parts, multiply choices first, then some simple IQ related math questions. Followed up, was told they are still deciding and interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • example of exceptional customer service you have provided   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2015.

Applied online, took them at least a month to call for an interview. Met with two people, pretty informal, pretty straightforward. Told me about the position and benefits. It was like talking with friends.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my prior experience, what I would do about an irate customer, why I wanted to work there, basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Housekeeper Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Filled out online application. Got an interview soon after. Met with the HR rep and housekeeping manager. Asked me a few questions and if my current job would interfere. After the interview they answered my questions and told me they would call me in two days either way. Two days later I got the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out you were having company over in one hour?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

The General Manager knew me and my skill set. He requested me to take the position. We discussed the benefits. I ask for the salary amount and was confirmed. I presented some of my awards I received from previous employers. I took a online test set up by the company to confirm abilities.

Interview Questions
    I ask for a full description of salaries, bonuses, expectations and what I needed to except the postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Breakfast Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

This location ran multiple ads on Craigslist using the 3rd party site Hospitality Online, where you had to set up an account to submit your application. I contacted the hotel after submitting the application and received a return phone call a couple of days later for an interview. I had the interview last week and was then contacted for a 2nd interview. I returned that phone call and made 3 more calls to confirm a time and there was no call back to confirm a time. I called again and finally reached the person I interviewed with and was told "an internal candidate has come forward and we are moving ahead with that candidate".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. It's a brain dead job where you have to be able to get up early, make the coffee and be pleasant and cordial to hotel guests. Guest service is their #1 priority, as well as having a fully stocked and pleasant looking breakfast area.   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

Everyone was very professional, pleasant and warm. I saw the job on CL, sent in my resume and a short cover letter and about 4 days later I got an email back for an in person interview. I was hired at the interview. I was dressed professionally but also fashionable, since that's the kind of area I was in. A few days after the interview I was called to bring in my info for newhire paperwork and my training starts the day after.

Interview Questions
    • How have you previously dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    I didn't even remember to talk about the pay... -_-"

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation