Hampton Inn

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

1.7

Front Desk Agent Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Housekeeper Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Filled out online application. Got an interview soon after. Met with the HR rep and housekeeping manager. Asked me a few questions and if my current job would interfere. After the interview they answered my questions and told me they would call me in two days either way. Two days later I got the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out you were having company over in one hour?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

The General Manager knew me and my skill set. He requested me to take the position. We discussed the benefits. I ask for the salary amount and was confirmed. I presented some of my awards I received from previous employers. I took a online test set up by the company to confirm abilities.

Interview Questions
    I ask for a full description of salaries, bonuses, expectations and what I needed to except the postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Breakfast Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

This location ran multiple ads on Craigslist using the 3rd party site Hospitality Online, where you had to set up an account to submit your application. I contacted the hotel after submitting the application and received a return phone call a couple of days later for an interview. I had the interview last week and was then contacted for a 2nd interview. I returned that phone call and made 3 more calls to confirm a time and there was no call back to confirm a time. I called again and finally reached the person I interviewed with and was told "an internal candidate has come forward and we are moving ahead with that candidate".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. It's a brain dead job where you have to be able to get up early, make the coffee and be pleasant and cordial to hotel guests. Guest service is their #1 priority, as well as having a fully stocked and pleasant looking breakfast area.   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Emailed my resume on a Thursday and was called the following Tuesday for a brief phone interview. Onsite interview the following day and was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you did at previous jobs. I worked previously as a night auditor so the interview was brief.   Answer Question
    I was offered $10.00/hour and I accepted without negotiating.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   View Answer
    none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Questions
    • The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone interview the next evening around 6:30pm. Scheduled Face-to-face interview 3 days later. The interview was easy. She offered me the job pending a drug test and background check, which I passed. Didn't hear from the GM for a few days so I called and left her message. She emailed me saying I didn't get the job because I wouldn't "fit in" with the current employees. I was so confused.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were simple. We were just having a normal conversation.   Answer Question