Hampton Inn Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
54 interviews

1.8

Started In Housekeeping Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2010.

Simple, Short and to the point. They really try to get you talking so they can understand your ethics and personality

Interview Questions
    Did not have one. started out in a housekeeping , was just glad to be hired

Room Attendant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Responded to an online ad, was contacted by the manager the same day, who set up an interview the following day, interview went well, lasted about a half hour (to me which says they may be interested in you), took me to a room to get my idea of how I would clean it, guess they liked my responses because the next step was to run the background check. said they would be in touch sometime this week.. so we play the waiting game. The interview questions were more about my past experiences and my skills I had as a housekeeper, my availability and if I was available for full time, shared some of his background in the hospitality industry and that was pretty much that. no rocket science questions..

Night Auditor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

The interview process was very easy just had to describe characteristics of myself.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was when they asked me about my experience, because its always hard to trace back.   Answer Question
    None

Guest Service Agent Interview

Very straight forward. They ask you about your experience, if you are good at speaking, friendly. yadda yadda

Guest Service Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Very informal, met in lobby and answered basic questions.

no negotiation

Room Inspector Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

The only way to get an interview is to call them and tell them that you are interested. Once you get an interview, there are basic questions. It is pretty easy and most of the time they are super friendly and want you to work for them

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just have experience in any industry and remember a problem that you overcame   Answer Question

Lobbby/Housekeeping Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2014.

A person is usually nervous on any interview, at the same time being confident as possible within yourself because some interviews aren't always pleasant. All you can do is speak fluently, asks questions and have faith that this is my day towards a new opportunity with a smile. What position will I have if hired? Because I have front lobby and housekeeping experience. My communicating skills with others is great, if I 'm sure what a guest may need,their is someone I could locate that would assist them better. I've trained 6 employees at my last location and everything went well. Helping others is not a problem because on some occasions I needed help.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?   View Answer

I didn't have a driver's license or auto insurance.

Breakfast Attendant Interview

Answered an online newspaper ad; went in to fill out the application and then was contacted for the interview. The interview was entirely ridiculous. Keep in mind this is for a "brain dead" breakfast attendant job, a job that requires you to make sure the breakfast items are in order for guests, brew the coffee, clear the tables, chat pleasantly with guests, etc. Well, I got some 22 year old recent grad interviewing me and she went to town with every interview question appearing in any interview book anywhere. I am in my late 40's and have had professional jobs for many years. Jobs requiring college degrees and fingerprint background checks. At this point in my life I was looking for something simple that also offered benefits because I recently paid off my house and am looking to free up my day and not have to work in a professional office setting all day.

I was not expecting Ms. Polyester Suit to ask me laugh out loud funny questions like "where do I see myself in 5 years" for the kind of job I was applying for. Also, "what is the nicest thing you've done for someone recently" "describe a time you had to overcome a challenge" and on and on it went. Oh, please. What an absurd interview for the kind of job I was applying for. The more appropriate questions for that kind of job would be: "do you know how to use a coffee brewer" "do you have reliable transportation to get here at 5:30 in the morning", etc. I can see that kind of intense process for a mid to high level management job, but not for a menial service job. The questions in an interview should match the job. Ms. Polyester Suit was so over-zealous and quite frankly entirely green and eager to prove herself, she couldn't see how entirely stupid it was to grill a person for over an hour coming in for a brain dead job. It was all I could do to contain my laughter when she said after that interview, I'd be called back in to meet with the General Manager if she deemed me worthy of moving on in the process. I live in Florida, the place where every ex-con in the entire country ends up sooner or later. I think when an employer gets a half decent applicant who knows how to present themselves, interact with guests, has a college degree, experience, reliable transportation and all their teeth and no visible tattoos (again, remember this is Florida!) and is willing to work for what amounts to a crappy wage, then they should not pound them into the dust with a process that makes one wonder why they applied for the job in the first place. It is not the way to find the most qualified (or long lived) employee, for that type of process is only only to yield the applicant most able to endure the process.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2010.

1 2 part Interview, got the call about a week after applying. I first talked with the Assistant GM, just asked the typical questions about my strengths and weaknesses, why I want to work for the company, ect. Next I talked with the General Manager, very intimidating guy with a British accent. He explained the job duties, asked if I would be ok with it, and told me my start date.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your strengths will help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Walked in, spoke to the manager. Sat down while he got his paperwork ready. After countless cliche interview questions, they ask if you are interested in working for them. Say yes and paperwork will flood your desk.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a fish, would you want to live in a small bowl or big bowl?   View Answer