Hampton Inn Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

1.7

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Emailed my resume on a Thursday and was called the following Tuesday for a brief phone interview. Onsite interview the following day and was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you did at previous jobs. I worked previously as a night auditor so the interview was brief.   Answer Question
    I was offered $10.00/hour and I accepted without negotiating.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2014.

Awesome, Saw craigslist ad called, went in for app, Interviewed next day got the call for the job the day after.The AGM interviewed me she was awesome. Fun and energetic. She had the right attitude for the job and her staff loved her. I got to meet them all after interview. They were very cool and welcoming. She told me I had the job in the interview but had to get pay approved by GM.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic questions. Past experiences? Why do you want to work the Hospitality industry? Ect.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. I just recently moved and they offered xx/.xx an hour and i got them up 2 dollars!

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

one interview, hired on the spot, turned in a resume and application two days prior to interview. started working for the company the following week. Interview was quick but questions were based around prior work experience and how it related to applied position. Few scenario questions

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever come up with an idea that helped a prior company do better.   View Answer
    none, except scheduling because I am in school

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

I saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to apply in person. I filled out the application and the general manager asked me for an interview on the spot. I was dressed professionally. Our interview was more about me talking about my customer service history, my travel history and my degree in French. I was told about the many positions and I said I would take the position she felt I would do the best in which was Front Desk, The GM said she would call me back on Sunday which she did. The pay is minimum wage for PA which I feel is low for the area but I need a new start in my career path.

Interview Questions
    • The only question which I felt I had a problem with was how to deal with rude customers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone interview the next evening around 6:30pm. Scheduled Face-to-face interview 3 days later. The interview was easy. She offered me the job pending a drug test and background check, which I passed. Didn't hear from the GM for a few days so I called and left her message. She emailed me saying I didn't get the job because I wouldn't "fit in" with the current employees. I was so confused.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were simple. We were just having a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mehlville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mehlville, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

I went in and filled out a paper application.
    They called me in for an interview after a couple days.
    I went in to my interview, and was asked about experience, dependability, and mostly we just went over policies and rules and what comes with the job.
    Then I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult or unexpected questions. It was just easygoing normal interview questions.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy. There is an hourly pay and they pay weekly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

asked easy questions why do you want to work here

9 dollars an hour no nogociation

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in May 2014.

Homewood Suites in Clearwater Florida. submitted my resume and asked to know the status of the outcome of the job opening for an Assistant General Manager and never heard back from the hotel.

Room Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Responded to an online ad, was contacted by the manager the same day, who set up an interview the following day, interview went well, lasted about a half hour (to me which says they may be interested in you), took me to a room to get my idea of how I would clean it, guess they liked my responses because the next step was to run the background check. said they would be in touch sometime this week.. so we play the waiting game. The interview questions were more about my past experiences and my skills I had as a housekeeper, my availability and if I was available for full time, shared some of his background in the hospitality industry and that was pretty much that. no rocket science questions..