Hampton Inn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.8

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Filled out online application. Got an interview soon after. Met with the HR rep and housekeeping manager. Asked me a few questions and if my current job would interfere. After the interview they answered my questions and told me they would call me in two days either way. Two days later I got the job

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out you were having company over in one hour?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX).

Interview

The General Manager knew me and my skill set. He requested me to take the position. We discussed the benefits. I ask for the salary amount and was confirmed. I presented some of my awards I received from previous employers. I took a online test set up by the company to confirm abilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I ask for a full description of salaries, bonuses, expectations and what I needed to except the postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very professional, pleasant and warm. I saw the job on CL, sent in my resume and a short cover letter and about 4 days later I got an email back for an in person interview. I was hired at the interview. I was dressed professionally but also fashionable, since that's the kind of area I was in. A few days after the interview I was called to bring in my info for newhire paperwork and my training starts the day after.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even remember to talk about the pay... -_-"

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Very basic, he doesn't even call references, strengths weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The small town I live in doesn't provide very many qualified applicants, walk in and hired is common.

Negotiation

The pay started at 8 dollars an hour, there was not a negotiation

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in December 2014.

Interview

This was a job I applied for almost 6 months before they interviewed me, I forgot I applied. I was given a call to come in that week, talked to 3 managers, then a week later was offered the job. I had a lot of previous jobs for being so young, and no experience. So I was very happy that someone taking a chance on a me. Everyone was super nice and I genuinely felt like this was a good place to go.

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Emailed my resume on a Thursday and was called the following Tuesday for a brief phone interview. Onsite interview the following day and was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did at previous jobs. I worked previously as a night auditor so the interview was brief.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $10.00/hour and I accepted without negotiating.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in August 2014.

Interview

Its like any other interview. They ask you why you want the job, why they should hire you. etc. The manager was being very intimidating but is understandable, I got showed around to the hotel and they explained what I'd be doing etc. Overall it seemed very welcoming. I liked it.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2014.

Interview

Awesome, Saw craigslist ad called, went in for app, Interviewed next day got the call for the job the day after.The AGM interviewed me she was awesome. Fun and energetic. She had the right attitude for the job and her staff loved her. I got to meet them all after interview. They were very cool and welcoming. She told me I had the job in the interview but had to get pay approved by GM.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions. Past experiences? Why do you want to work the Hospitality industry? Ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I just recently moved and they offered xx/.xx an hour and i got them up 2 dollars!