Hampton Inn Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.8

Breakfast Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Toledo, OH).

Interview

There was no interview. It pretty much consisted of details about the job and what my schedule was like. There were a lot of interruptions with staff and phone calls throughout the interview as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule like?   1 Answer

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Awesome, very laid back and comfortable, was not done privately. very open and honest. Was not nervous or intimidated at all. Very Easy to talk to and speak with. Hired on the spot at salary requested. Plus ended up knowing the interviewer thru school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I walked in person, had a 15 min interview with the front office management, was given a business card with link to some online enquiries and tests. 30 min long, two parts, multiply choices first, then some simple IQ related math questions. Followed up, was told they are still deciding and interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• example of exceptional customer service you have provided   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took them at least a month to call for an interview. Met with two people, pretty informal, pretty straightforward. Told me about the position and benefits. It was like talking with friends.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my prior experience, what I would do about an irate customer, why I wanted to work there, basic interview questions.   Answer Question

HOUSEMAN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Elk Grove, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks the housekeeping manager called me in for an interview. After that first interview I had to come back expecting to talk to the general manager, he was unavailable that day so I skipped that interview and got the job.

Interview Questions

• She showed me the list of things I would have to do daily and asked if I had any issues with any of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She called me two weeks later and offered me the position.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

applied online, got a call couple days later for an interview, met with assistant gm and the interview was quick maybe 15 minutes and it was like talking to a friend.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Filled out online application. Got an interview soon after. Met with the HR rep and housekeeping manager. Asked me a few questions and if my current job would interfere. After the interview they answered my questions and told me they would call me in two days either way. Two days later I got the job

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out you were having company over in one hour?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX).

Interview

The General Manager knew me and my skill set. He requested me to take the position. We discussed the benefits. I ask for the salary amount and was confirmed. I presented some of my awards I received from previous employers. I took a online test set up by the company to confirm abilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I ask for a full description of salaries, bonuses, expectations and what I needed to except the postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very professional, pleasant and warm. I saw the job on CL, sent in my resume and a short cover letter and about 4 days later I got an email back for an in person interview. I was hired at the interview. I was dressed professionally but also fashionable, since that's the kind of area I was in. A few days after the interview I was called to bring in my info for newhire paperwork and my training starts the day after.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even remember to talk about the pay... -_-"