Hampton Inn

Updated Sep 7, 2014

1.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

Emailed my resume on a Thursday and was called the following Tuesday for a brief phone interview. Onsite interview the following day and was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain what you did at previous jobs. I worked previously as a night auditor so the interview was brief.   Answer Question
I was offered $10.00/hour and I accepted without negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Night Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

The interview process was very easy just had to describe characteristics of myself.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was when they asked me about my experience, because its always hard to trace back.   Answer Question
    None

Night Auditor Interview

I turned in my application and included a resume. They contacted me and an interview date was arranged. There were two managers-in-training who were given the first interviews, most likely for their benefit as well as mine. The general manager then interviewed me. We reviewed my work history and questions were asked regarding conflict resolution, experience in the field, and the hours, as well as flexibility. They really made it easy.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to consider a boss I didn't care for, why, and how I handled working with that person. It was not difficult, but I had never been asked that question before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn.

The 'manager' (found out later he was never officially given that title) ask me a few weird questions. He said he liked me, and he would set up a time to meet with the AGM. I walked into the AGMs office and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Night Auditor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2013.

Interviewed with the hospitality management company. If they like you you receive a call back interview. Interviews are not strenuous. The interviewers are easy to get along with and ask easy questions that are simple to answer. Your presentation skills are important (how you look, how you talk, how good your eye contact is) because you will be working behind the front desk and dealing with people.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2011.

Found ad for the position on Craigslist. After emailing my resume to the Front Desk Manager, I received a phone call within two days from the GM. After initial interview I received call for second interview with GM and GM of neighboring property (same owners). Had offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    No opportunity to negotiate for pay or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2011.

Very friendly, been asked many related hospitality questions.
    I believe that they hiring only high experienced personal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2010.

I was hired after a 3-minute phone interview and a ten minute one-to-one interview. From what I understand, no background check was made on me, nor did they ever check my references. I wasn't given any skill tests, and they were looking for only the most basic of skillsets.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything from a company?   View Answer