Hampton Inn

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Night Auditor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy just had to describe characteristics of myself.

Interview Question – the most difficult question was when they asked me about my experience, because its always hard to trace back.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviewed at Hampton Inn

Interview Details – I turned in my application and included a resume. They contacted me and an interview date was arranged. There were two managers-in-training who were given the first interviews, most likely for their benefit as well as mine. The general manager then interviewed me. We reviewed my work history and questions were asked regarding conflict resolution, experience in the field, and the hours, as well as flexibility. They really made it easy.

Interview Question – I was asked to consider a boss I didn't care for, why, and how I handled working with that person. It was not difficult, but I had never been asked that question before.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Night Auditor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the hospitality management company. If they like you you receive a call back interview. Interviews are not strenuous. The interviewers are easy to get along with and ask easy questions that are simple to answer. Your presentation skills are important (how you look, how you talk, how good your eye contact is) because you will be working behind the front desk and dealing with people.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Denham Springs, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview Details – The 'manager' (found out later he was never officially given that title) ask me a few weird questions. He said he liked me, and he would set up a time to meet with the AGM. I walked into the AGMs office and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What's your favorite fish?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired after a 3-minute phone interview and a ten minute one-to-one interview. From what I understand, no background check was made on me, nor did they ever check my references. I wasn't given any skill tests, and they were looking for only the most basic of skillsets.

Interview Question – Have you ever stolen anything from a company?   View Answer

Saint Cloud, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2011.

Interview Details – Found ad for the position on Craigslist. After emailing my resume to the Front Desk Manager, I received a phone call within two days from the GM. After initial interview I received call for second interview with GM and GM of neighboring property (same owners). Had offer two days later.

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle working overnights?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate for pay or benefits.

Hanover, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very friendly, been asked many related hospitality questions.
I believe that they hiring only high experienced personal.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hampton Inn

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hampton Inn Night Auditor interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hampton Inn employees and interview candidates.