Hampton Roads Transit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hampton Roads Transit (Hampton, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume online and filling out their very detailed application I received a call 2 months later for an interview. I interviewed with the head of IT, he was personable asked great technical but when it came to the department morale that is where he was stumped. This was a salaried position and from what I HR told me there would be many 16 hour days with no compensation.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work 16 hours a day with no compensation?   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Roads Transit (Norfolk, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview and an on-site interview. The on-site interview was with the hiring manager, human resources, and two other project managers in the company. Most of the questions were about the type of environment I was comfortable with, motivating people to accomplish goals, and dealing with changing priorities. The on-site interview had similar questions but were more in depth.

Quick and Painless Interview

Interview

They will let you know right away if your driving record is up to par. If not they will ask you basic questions to ensure you could handle the level of crazy passengers that you would have to endure on a regular basis.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly passenger that is upset about being late for work.   1 Answer

Department Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Roads Transit (Norfolk, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency, met with the seniormost employee for the department, and had a great interview. It was directly told to me that there were great growth opportunities within the organization, and we went over what they thought my job duties would entail and where they thought my position would grow into. They brought me on quickly from there. I would like to mention that I was not actually given the duties or the title of the position I accepted, and in fact ended up with basically a clerical type position with no growth potential. Bummer. But I was offered the jon within hours of leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about contacts I had in the field to determine if my experience was legitimate. We reviewed other areas I had experience in that would benefit the department.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Roads Transit in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Standard questions were asked, nothing eye popping. At the end I was given a sheet of circuit symbols to identify. The people were cordial and the interview wasn't too tough. The toughest question to me was what is your greatest weakness. I was also given the opportunity to "brag on myself" a little. They asked what my strengths are and why would they want me to work for them. As I said, nothing outlandish.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer