Hancock Bank Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hancock Bank

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hancock Bank.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face interview process. The interview normally consist of the hiring manager & the manager of the branch you will be working at.

Interview Questions

• None, all questions are typical interview questions like, "Tell me about yourself, and Tell about your strengths & weaknesses"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Bank (New Orleans, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was called a week after I filled out the app online. I was called in for an interview/assessment test. when i came in i talked to somebody from hr, she basically just asked me general questions, previous jobs etc. After she was done asking me a million questions she told me that i would have to take an assessment test, she walked me to a room with 3 computers and i picked one and did the test. The test was not too hard it had 5 parts one was a math part and the rest were grammer/spelling, and situations. The test only give you like 4 mins to answer 40 ish questions(i didnt answer all the questions). she told me that if i failed the test they would let me know immediately after i took it and if failed you cant reapply for 6 months. I sat in the lobby waiting for my test results, about 5 mins later she called me back and told me i passed and i had to talk with the managers. so i went to a room with three managers from different branches sitting at a table and they basically asked me the same questions that she previously asked me. Then they asked me which branch i would like to work at and told me the hours that i would have to work, they had positions available at the corporate branch(which was where i was already at) so one of the managers walked me downstairs and i interviewed with that branch manager and assistant manager after that she told me they would give me a call in a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Bank (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

applied on line. contacted HR to verify acceptance and next steps . Phone interview with Business line manager . Clarification of past experience and why Hancock Bank. Good response to my questions concerning merger and future growth . F/F interview in market with Hiring mgr and Market president on site . Interview consisted of questions as to how my background would synch/benefit firm. Still a number of unknowns concerning merger / Whitney bank. Awaiting final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the client types you worked with in the past.   Answer Question
    • Provide further background concerning lending training and experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hancock Bank in October 2010.

Interview

Called by a HR recruiter to schedule a meeting. Interview was with 3 managers, mostly just "getting to know you" and describing the position. I was told they were "very interested" and would hear from them soon. They called references that afternoon. Offer was 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just a description of the position, I don't recall any questions being asked, except the ones I asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating here. I was given an offer and I countered with a few requests to make up for low salary, 1) health insurance benefits to begin on first business day of the month after my start date, 2) a 90 day review and salary renegotiation, and 3) sponsorship of my FINRA licenses. They seemed shocked that I countered, and sort of agreed to item 3.