Hancock Fabrics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Hayden, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very professional and well managed. I found the opening on snag a job site on line and submitted my resume. I was called within a week and asked to come in for an interview. The store manager asked me about my experiences, past jobs, skills and hobbies and shared her vision for the company with me. By the time I left the interview I felt very clear about what was expected and ready to take my place in the company if hired.

Interview Question – I was prepared for all questions so nothing took me off grad but when I was asked why I left my last job I had to explain the situation with the failing health of my last boss and her failed store. This was hard for me as the situation was very sad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked to come in for a second interview with the store manager and the regional manager as well. We discussed the terms for my employment with openness and came to a agreement in terms of benefits and compensation. I felt all my concerns and needs were respected.

Sales Associate/Fabric Cutter/Stocker Interview

Sales Associate/Fabric Cutter/Stocker

Interviewed at Hancock Fabrics

Interview Details – Interviewed with District Manager.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in April 2010.

Interview Details – Sent in resume. Took about a month to get any kind of feedback. Got a call from the DM.
Phone interview. Went well but, never got a call back for three weeks. I had to call him to follow up. Once got a face to face was hired pretty fast.

Interview Question – I can't think of a question that was not standard. Pretty much in the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not working at the time so anything sounded good. It was low for the experience I had.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate
Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone and in person once

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Hancock Fabrics

Interview Details – The hiring practices of Minnesota Fabrics were like night and day compared to Hancock Fabrics. Most store managers were hired from sales associates within the company and completed a 1-2 year training program at 1-2 different stores to experience a variety of management styles and merchandising situations. The key factor in your training was to provide Excellent Customer service

Part Time/Sales Interview

Part Time/Sales
Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in August 2011.

Interview Details – Asked if hiring? employee gave me short form application, filled out, gave to manager, i was hired on the spot. Easiest job to get hired at.

Negotiation Details – pay was minimum wage. no negotiations.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Topeka, KS

I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted a hard copy application. Months later received a call asking if I was still interested. Scheduled a time for an interview, went in at the appointed time and sat and talked to the store manager for a few minutes. She was very personable and I liked her a lot. She was obviously frustrated with the corporate culture of the company and indicated that she was looking for another job. She asked what I was working on....ie what sewing projects were in process at the time. She asked what days and hours I was available and if I would be interested in a supervisor position. At the end of the interview, she said I'd be starting in a couple days.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected, other than asking if I wanted to be a supervisor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a retail job. There's no negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Springdale, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went into the store , put in an application and was hired 3 days later. The manager was very nice at first, after I started the manager turned into a real nit-picker. Always looking over your shoulder, coming over when you are running the register and taking over.

Interview Question – How old I am. Please....is my age important in rather I get a job or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing that could be negotiated

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Forestville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in April 2011.

Interview Details – I initially submitted a number of applications and after yet another change in store-level management during a store visit finally finagled an actual interview. Interview process was very long and drawn out, that was the first sign. Interviewer promised to get back with me within the next couple of days-nothing. I telephoned the office, spoke to interviewer/manager, needed to get back to me-I telephoned again, left message and she never returned my call. Some 6-8 weeks later, upon a chance encounter making a fabric purchase, I inquired about an open position and was offered the job!

Interview Question – relevant experience   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in August 2009.

Interview Details – no specifics given as to job, what to expect from the job. Was not given anything other then apron and told to go to the table.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with sewing.   View Answer

Worked for Hancock Fabrics? Contribute to the Community!